Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Canny funny how he started licking Bianca's arse saying how well she'd done to work herself up the ladder to becoming a respected pundit. But Gabriel Agbonlahor can get a primetime job in front of everone else just cos he played averagely in the Prem

Was desperate for him to answer the question about his daughter and if she ever wanted to commentate on men's football should she be allowed

His argument was all over the place he doesn’t once really give an answer why it’s ok for men that hasn’t played the game yet it’s not ok for woman who have played and that’s coz essentially he’s saying men can read and understand the game better than women wether they’ve played or not. He also massively back tracked from his original tweet.

and that Pearl lassie Jesus Chris she’s setting women back about 50 years with her ramblings. She probably doesn’t even believe half the stuff she says but you know give her a platform being controversial 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

His argument was all over the place he doesn’t once really give an answer why it’s ok for men that hasn’t played the game yet it’s not ok for woman who have played and that’s coz essentially he’s saying men can read and understand the game better than women wether they’ve played or not. He also massively back tracked from his original tweet.

and that Pearl lassie Jesus Chris she’s setting women back about 50 years with her ramblings. She probably doesn’t even believe half the stuff she says but you know give her a platform being controversial 

Grifting is a legitimate career now. 

Joe Cole can barely talk English and has landed a job doing punditry because he was decent at football. Sort that shit out before you determine someone's shit for having a vagina.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

Only watched half of it so far, but Morgan appeared to go easy on him. He allowed him to dodge the question about male commentators such as Motson or Tyler who had no professional experience yet made very successful careers out of commentating.

Barton went off on a tangent and Piers Morgan obviously secretly agrees with him as he didn't pull him up on it like he does with others.

I don't understand this idea of "OK, women can be commentators/referees/managers as long as they're there on merit and are really good at what they do" 

There are fucking awful male pundits, Commentators, refs and managers, we complain about them every week. 

3 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I don't understand this idea of "OK, women can be commentators/referees/managers as long as they're there on merit and are really good at what they do" 

There are fucking awful male pundits, Commentators, refs and managers, we complain about them every week. 

Exactly..should be able to complain about anyone regardless of gender!! 

3 hours ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Joe Cole can barely talk English and has landed a job doing punditry because he was decent at football. Sort that shit out before you determine someone's shit for having a vagina.

I know the fact he’s a right ol COCK-ER-KNEE might annoy some people. But he seems like one of the better pundits, to me? 

I don’t really care about their accent or how good their vocabulary is. It’s just nice to have some insight and analysis.

Of the more recent ones to get into media and TV work. I think he is decent. 

3 hours ago, GEFAFWISP said:

I like Joe Cole to be honest. Clearly enjoys the game as a viewer like Carragher and takes his job seriously rather than just chatting nonsense for cash 

17 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I know the fact he’s a right ol COCK-ER-KNEE might annoy some people. But he seems like one of the better pundits, to me? 

I don’t really care about their accent or how good their vocabulary is. It’s just nice to have some insight and analysis.

Of the more recent ones to get into media and TV work. I think he is decent. 

Indeed, and that's a bigger problem than sexual characteristics.

Tbh if Given wasn't a massive homer, he'd be pretty shite too, the ex-player stable are all a bit crap really.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

35 minutes ago, OCK said:

I hope Barton donates his brain to medical science. 

Aye, be good to work out what part of the brain makes you such a cunt you think stubbing a cigar out on a kids eye lid is jokes.

4 hours ago, BlueStar said:

To be fair, that's basically the same standard isn't it? "Men can be commentators if they're good at what they do". Nothing wrong with that. 

I don't really watch much TV analysis now. Not sure if that's chicken or egg regarding the airheads (female and male) they often use now, but arguably I don't have a dog in the fight for that reason. But I just want people involved who genuinely like the sport first and foremost, and then ideally can say something insightful about it. Mainstream media coverage is infected with hangers on trying to make careers for themselves out of it without any interest in truthfully representing themselves, whether they're media studies graduates or ex pros.

I never doubt Gabby Logan has a genuine interest. I absolutely doubt Eni Aluko does. Ian Wright loves the game. I couldn't give a fuck what Agbonlahor thinks, he's an arsehole. All other things been equal, I'm sure the vast majority of people qualifying at the standard I set will be men, but there'll be great women in there too. That's fine, we don't need equal outcomes. Most women frankly have better things to do than obsess about football - more power to them.

On a side note, one problem with many women media contributors is they obviously feel compelled to cosplay as male commentators to fit in, in terms of the way they speak and the things they say. It feels fake and off putting. I don't blame them for it though, and men do the same thing too e.g. unconsciously mimicking Motson or whatever. But I think it will be a breakthrough if people have the confidence to speak in their natural way and emphasize the things they themselves think are important. Then just let ordinary people decide what voices they want to hear. I put money on it that female commentators would get a warmer general appreciation as a result.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

I like Joe Cole to be honest. Clearly enjoys the game as a viewer like Carragher and takes his job seriously rather than just chatting nonsense for cash 

Same.  He doesn’t strike me as someone who spends his days troubled with complicated thoughts, but I get the impression he’s a nice enough bloke. 

Just flicked over to SSN and all I heard in the headlines was "Former Newcastle midfield Joey Barton...." It's the Nile Ranger thing again 😂

Why do shitty people who so happened to play for Newcastle, among many other clubs and have more appearances for other teams, get forever associated with us whenever they are in the headlines for something negative. 

I hate that this bloke is associated with us, even more that he's popular, just because he "stood up against Ashley" (even though he only did that when we didn't offer him the ridiculous wages QPR offered him to try and keep him here). 

He had 6 good months out of 4 years, was injury prone, go himself into trouble on and off the pitch. One of the most detestable men to represent us. 

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I hate that this bloke is associated with us, even more that he's popular, just because he "stood up against Ashley" (even though he only did that when we didn't offer him the ridiculous wages QPR offered him to try and keep him here). 

He had 6 good months out of 4 years, was injury prone, go himself into trouble on and off the pitch. One of the most detestable men to represent us. 

Joey Barton is the only one to ‘stand up to Ashley’ where I was actually on Ashley’s side.  Barton was sent to prison and Ashley didn’t think that the club should be paying him full salary.  I don’t, either.