Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye, wants stability for his bairn. What a c***, sell.

stability ? pile of s**** really. find out where you want to bring your kid up, contact the nearest prem club and adjust your wage demands to get the move. i'm fairly sure even if he packed in tomorrow he'd ever have to work again .

who on here wouldn't take their kid to a new school every 2 or 3 years if they were to get 30kpw for it ?

Joey on Talksport

"On the whole last season was good to be back. Had a good season last season and hopefully we can kick on. The current group of players so hungry to do it, just think what it would be like to bring a trophy back to that city, it would be mind blowing really."

On Nolan "Real good friend of mine beyond football. For me it is quite disappointing. No one player will ever define a football club. To lose Kevin in the dressing room is disappointing but you have to believe in the process and that the gaffer is going to bring in a better player."

"The better players you play with the better you should be able to play yourself. I have no problems with players leaving if better ones come in."

"Sometimes players don't want to go, I've been on record as saying I don't want to go."

On his negotiations "I was in negotiations in Januray with them, I have to be careful what I say, I decided I wanted a bit of longevity with the club, partner is pregnant with first child, I wanted a four year contract to stay in the area. After a bit of stability, money never an issue but we never reached a compromise, became quite frustrating in the end. Carroll had just left and I put it on hold till the summer. When we went back in to negotiate, I wasn't there, received a phone call saying not even been offered 1p a week. Newcastle dont think I can play past 29 so if I have to go and ply my trade elsewhere I am more than confident I can do that for 5 or six years. So I need to play my best this next season and try and win a trophy."

Does he think he will be there at the start of the coming season? "It is was it is. I would be very surprised, I have had a number of phonecalls of interest, I don't want to leave, family are settled, great relationship with club staff. I have no ambition to leave but if someone come in, like offering CL football I would have to consider it. Otherwise it is a no brainer, I won't be leaving the club and I am looking forward to going back for pre season training."

Overall came across as very supportive of the club. Seems his text yesterday was likely a spur of the moment thing, possibly after a few drinks at Ascot.

stability ? pile of shite really. find out where you want to bring your kid up, contact the nearest prem club and adjust your wage demands to get the move. i'm fairly sure even if he packed in tomorrow he'd ever have to work again .

who on hear wouldn't take their kid to a new school every 2 or 3 years if they were to get 30kpw for it ?

what are you on about? find out where you want to bring your kid up? you have to live in areas to get a feel for them. money doesn't equal stability, i'm pretty sure michael jackson, britney spears, whitney houston, mickey rourke etc can vouch for that.  and whether anyone would move their children around for money or not doesn't necessarily mean it's the best thing for a kid.

Guest Roger Kint

The difference in that one year extra he wanted(when he would be in Smith's position or not far off) is his choice though, 3 years would have been a great deal for him. We cant give an extra year for him just for being a father soon given how much he has done off the pitch early on here that we supported.

Oh and agree with Dave about how much he has turned it around after the Joey Barton of 2/3 years ago.

stability ? pile of s**** really. find out where you want to bring your kid up, contact the nearest prem club and adjust your wage demands to get the move. i'm fairly sure even if he packed in tomorrow he'd ever have to work again .

who on here wouldn't take their kid to a new school every 2 or 3 years if they were to get 30kpw for it ?

Sounds like he's settled in the NE tbh. Footballers can be human too.

It's 4 or 5 years before this unborn kid starts school anyway so its not really an issue in that respect.

Sounds like he's settled in the NE tbh. Footballers can be human too.

well do what others do and accept you may have to pay the price for it.

To be fair, at the talk in charity dinner, Barton said after he stops playing football this is where he'll end up (the NE) as he loves it.

And it's one of the few places in the UK he can show his face without being abused or attacked, win-win situation.

Newcastle dont think I can play past 29[

I see those clowns still think they know one or two things about football. f***ing idiots.

Interesting spin on it by Barton mind considering we offered a two-year extension, didn't we? Suggests to me that the club aren't convinced he be good enough/needed after 31, not 29.

I'm pretty sure we don't think Barton can't play past 29, we just aren't going to be offering big contracts to people much past that age.

i'd like to see us change our policy for colo mind, i think he's got years in him yet

I'm pretty sure we don't think Barton can't play past 29, we just aren't going to be offering big contracts to people much past that age.

i'd like to see us change our policy for colo mind, i think he's got years in him yet

The problem with him, as with Barton & Nolan, is going to be the wage/contract length. If he's prepared to come down to £50-55k in line with our new signings, I don't see it being an issue.

Yeah, I hope it's not so concrete that it can never be flexed. Although I guess Colo will have to take a pay cut as well when his time comes.

CBs can peak later TBF, so we might realise he is worth keeping.