Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest VaVaVoom

With Danny Guthrie not due back in training until Monday, Mehdi Abeid and Haris Vuckic are in contention to partner him (Cabaye) in midfield.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/01/06/alan-pardew-fine-with-hatem-ben-arfa-interview-61634-30069290/#ixzz1iftbZXqz

Great news if true.

I'd give Abeid a go seeing as Vuckic has had a couple of chances recently.

Has anyone heard anything about a potential new contract? Would be more than content to keep him on the books, useful squad player.

We have a few like that who we must keep. Raylor being one.

Need to keep Guthrie, looked like ideal backup for Cabaye from his games earlier. I will agree on Raylor, but hopefully never again rely on him for so much. I am a big fan of utility players, think every club needs a few who can change position.

• 2 weeks later...

Deservedly awarded MOM today, closely followed by Best. He's looking like the player I thought he could be when when we first signed him. He looks a lot sharper and fitter than I think I've ever seen him.

He's been one of the success stories of the season. He looked washed up last season but this year, he's stepped up whenever he's been involved.

He's been one of the success stories of the season. He looked washed up last season but this year, he's stepped up whenever he's been involved.

:thup:

As others have said, he looks so much fitter and is all over the pitch where as before he was a player who could ping a ball about when it came to him but when it didn't he wasn't involved at all.

Has anyone noticed the strange Danny Guthrie quirk of him making arcing-shaped runs? It looks mental to me, but it seems to scare opposition from stepping-up against his limited pace. :lol: :lol: Good for him. Decent psychology.

Has anyone noticed the strange Danny Guthrie quirk of him making arcing-shaped runs? It looks mental to me, but it seems to scare opposition from stepping-up against his limited pace. :lol: :lol: Good for him. Decent psychology.

I like it :thup:

The fact that when we've been without Tiote we havn't really missed him, is a testiment to how much he has improved. When you can fill the shoes of someone who's as valuable Tiote so seamlessly you've got something about you. Would like to see him as a centre 3 with Tiote and Cabaye. Well done lad, really pleased for him.