Shola Ameobi

Greg

It shows how massive confidence is in football.

If you add in his header that was saved, the shot he smashed across the face of goal with power.

Then a hattrick.

Fair enough he doesnt have the best control/ability on the ball, but he CAN finish when he believes in himself. Thats been proven.

The key to him getting goals is going to be the service. The two headers he scored were from absolute pearler crosses from the full backs. Fair play to him, he looks a different player when the first goal goes in, definitely a confidence man.

Amazing, like I say to my mates he seems to do nowt but always end up with a canny scoring record, even if they are lucky, I'm starting to think he's either the luckiest man in the world or he intends to do it, even if it comes off his back from 25 yards and finds the top corner, I'm starting to thinkhes just class  .

I LOVE YOU SHOLA

Fair play though, I like to see him do well.

Amazing when you consider the role hes had in the last two games to be honest as i said in another thread.

Helped set up the goal v west brom, denied them a winner when krul fumbled a corner...even got krul on the pitch.

Today wins it with a hatrick & could have had two more. For as appalling as he sometimes is, apparently his positive contributions are significant.

loved the return of that daft celebration that Shola, Dyer, Jenas, Bernard, Bramble etc used to do back in the glory days

Haha, that smoking gun celebration those bums created during the Robson days, haha - classic. I thought the same as well.  I had a good laugh at that.

If somebody told me two weeks ago that Smith would be the MoM for our first match of the season and Shola would be for our second, I would've told them to fuck right off :lol:

Haha, on a slightly related note... i always think if someone had told me - the day we appointed Sam Allardyce - if someone had relayed to me the next two and a bit years... what my reaction would be. :lol:  Keegan wasn't even a glimmer in our eye at that point.

loved the return of that daft celebration that Shola, Dyer, Jenas, Bernard, Bramble etc used to do back in the glory days

Haha, that smoking gun celebration those bums created during the Robson days, haha - classic. I thought the same as well.  I had a good laugh at that.

He was blowing dust and cobwebs off the gun.

Who put this on wiki ?

Scored his first professional hat trick against Reading on 15 August 2009, with two bullet headers and a ferocious penalty. Later that day he was linked with a move to Benfica, which was later rubbished.

From skysports.com..

The languid frontman was at his unplayable best

:lol: :lol:

yeah, I saw that.

Did you see the best striker in the world today btw Messi, at his unplayable best  O0

At least he admitted it was a cross, I'll give him that.

Apart from the goals i thought Ameobi was poor.  I'm delighted he got his hat-trick but some of you guys saying it was a 9 or 10 out of 10 performance i mean com'mon :/  He took his eyes off the ball completely for the first goal and the third was a penalty.

:lol: Without the hat-trick it wasn't really a match-winning performance.

???

I meant for a target man he didnt really bully his marker, his first touch was the same old same old, and don't remember him holding up the ball and setting up an attack.

It was obviously a good performance - as he scored all his chances but it's not a sign that he has suddenly turned a corner in his NUFC career.  Like i say he took his eyes of the ball for the first goal it could of gone anywhere, and the third was a penalty. 

His 2nd goal was very good, the header and the way he lost his marker that was the only thing he did really well at tbh.