Shola Ameobi

Greg

:lol: Without the hat-trick it wasn't really a match-winning performance.

???

I meant for a target man he didnt really bully his marker, his first touch was the same old same old, and don't remember him holding up the ball and setting up an attack.

It was obviously a good performance - as he scored all his chances but it's not a sign that he has suddenly turned a corner in his NUFC career.  Like i say he took his eyes of the ball for the first goal it could of gone anywhere, and the third was a penalty. 

His 2nd goal was very good, the header and the way he lost his marker that was the only thing he did really well at tbh.

Scoring pens isn't a given either. It takes balls to step up and takes balls to put them away. It might just have been his day today, but for that alone let's give him some credit.

I've said it a few times already but he will be a good player for us this season. The gulf between a premiership defence and a championship defence is massive and i can't see that many teams being bale to keep him quite if we get good service in. Glad he's got the penalty duties aswell, he's got a quality strike when the ball is stationary, it's when it's moving it's the problem  :lol:

I've said it a few times already but he will be a good player for us this season. The gulf between a premiership defence and a championship defence is massive and i can't see that many teams being bale to keep him quite if we get good service in. Glad he's got the penalty duties aswell, he's got a quality strike when the ball is stationary, it's when it's moving it's the problem  :lol:

He's got every reason to do well for us this season - i too thought that before we even kicked off. It was always going to be a case of confidence and fitness however. He's half way there now imo, cos he doesn't look anywhere near fit enough. He's not as gangly as he used to be, and that's not saying he's bulked up to match the strength of rough and tumble lower-league CBs. He's slower than ever at the moment.

I am really pleased for the lad, after having to mcop so much crap from so called supporters like some of you on here over the years. Even now, some you numpties wont even give him the credit he deserves after scoring a hat trick. I suppose people like dcmk, or whatever your title is, could do better. Of course, you are getyting pad 20 grand a week in your job, you prick?

Shola has done something even the great Michael Owen has failed to do, score goals against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Barcelona, no mean feat.

Yes, he looks awkward, yes he sometimes looks as though he doesnt care, but if this lad continues to score goals for us, he should be supported and not maligned, but you so called NUFC supporters.

One more thing, I was extremely impressed with his interview after the game. He seems a genuine nice lad and being a geordie lad, I would have thought you lot would give him a bit more benefit of the doubt. Some of you guys are a disgrace.

Guest palnese

I am really pleased for the lad, after having to mcop so much crap from so called supporters like some of you on here over the years. Even now, some you numpties wont even give him the credit he deserves after scoring a hat trick. I suppose people like dcmk, or whatever your title is, could do better. Of course, you are getyting pad 20 grand a week in your job, you prick?

Shola has done something even the great Michael Owen has failed to do, score goals against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Barcelona, no mean feat.

Yes, he looks awkward, yes he sometimes looks as though he doesnt care, but if this lad continues to score goals for us, he should be supported and not maligned, but you so called NUFC supporters.

One more thing, I was extremely impressed with his interview after the game. He seems a genuine nice lad and being a geordie lad, I would have thought you lot would give him a bit more benefit of the doubt. Some of you guys are a disgrace.

Shola? Is that you?!

Why are you calling me a prick for?  Was it because i said he had a good game but i didn't agree with the 9 or 10 out of 10 ratings that people were giving him in the match thread?  Or was it because i'm not getting suckered into the euphoria around the lad - that he is going to blitz the league .. when their is so many short-comings to his game? 

Which is it exactly babe?

You better shut up fool or your gonna get Shola teaching you a lesson, in pain!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8003/010278643712400x.jpg

"You won't like me when I'm angry..." - Shola Ameobi, 2009.

having met the lad several times I can tell you that he is a nice lad. Who's basically been so woeful in the last 7 years that I cant stand seeing him in black and white. Don't blame people for seeing what's really there, he's a terrible, terrible footballer who may just do ok in this league.

Get your head out of your arse. It's taken him 9 years or so of first team appearances to get a hat trick and it was in the championship. Also, 3 goals against Reading doesn't automatically clear the fact that he is extremely injury prone and very inconsistent.

Before we all start patting Shola on the back about a job well done as a return to something resembling a footballer lets not forget his last 6-7 years here. It's a bit early to start wagging our dicks about over this.

Get your head out of your arse. It's taken him 9 years or so of first team appearances to get a hat trick and it was in the championship. Also, 3 goals against Reading doesn't automatically clear the fact that he is extremely injury prone and very inconsistent.

Before we all start patting Shola on the back about a job well done as a return to something resembling a footballer lets not forget his last 6-7 years here. It's a bit early to start wagging our dicks about over this.

True - but it's probably not the best time to be slagging him off after he's scored a hatrick to win a game. Why not let him have this one then give him the full treatment when he draws a blank, which shouldn't be too far off?

I've been very harsh on him in 2009 but I've really felt he has been poor.  Against Reading he did play better and he finished 3 times which is fantastic - well done Shola.  He was far better in the air than Carroll, who I thought didn't have a great game for a change.

Just looking at the second goal: what was with his goal celebration? Almost begging Andy Carroll not to touch him!

He started pointing the sky as he got a bit closer to the corner flag. Think he wanted to do a SBR tribute thing but no-one else caught on.

Just looking at the second goal: what was with his goal celebration? Almost begging Andy Carroll not to touch him!

He started pointing the sky as he got a bit closer to the corner flag. Think he wanted to do a SBR tribute thing but no-one else caught on.

He dedicated the win/hat-trick to Bobby after the match, didn't he?