Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

Pop quiz question: When was the last time we didn't have a single player in the first team squad from the Emerald Isle?  :cheesy:

second season in the prem. as soon as liam O left.

2nd season in Prem.... Was that not when we signed Gillespie though?

Pop quiz question: When was the last time we didn't have a single player in the first team squad from the Emerald Isle?  :cheesy:

lateish on when cole left.

who waas there between o'brien leaving and gillespie arriving ?

was tommy wright not still about then?

Good luck to him.

One spoke to a girl who looks after the ball boys & she said he was one of the nicest lads there & he'd have a bit craic with the ball boys (which he did with my step son). He may not have played that well for long periods, but he wasn't alone in that & he did seem to care about it.

Not his fault that we were paying him stupid money.

Good luck to him.

One spoke to a girl who looks after the ball boys & she said he was one of the nicest lads there & he'd have a bit craic with the ball boys (which he did with my step son). He may not have played that well for long periods, but he wasn't alone in that & he did seem to care about it.

Don't disagree he was a nice bloke and showed passion and also not the only one to underperform, but at the end of the day he didn't give us anywhere near the value for money we thought we were getting when we signed him, so I'm more than happy to see him drain resources of some other club rather than ours.

Good luck to him.

The woman who looks after the ball boys is called Sue Lawrence. Don't listen to a word of what she says, she talks absolute nonsense

Pop quiz question: When was the last time we didn't have a single player in the first team squad from the Emerald Isle? :cheesy:

O'Brien went Jan 94 and Gilly came Jan 95.

I'll have a think.

Darren McDonough? :dontknow:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Good luck to him.

The woman who looks after the ball boys is called Sue Lawrence. Don't listen to a word of what she says, she talks absolute nonsense

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have a think.

mcdoughnut left almost before he arrived.

I'll have a think.

Checked and he was here from 92 to 94. Made a whopping 2 appearances.  :cheesy:

I'll have a think.

Checked and he was here from 92 to 94. Made a whopping 2 appearances.  :cheesy:

came along at the same time as peter garland (the rumour was after KK had threatened to walk he signed these two pillocks to prove to himself he'd get no interference)

i once saw garland come on as a sub run 2 lengths of the pitch then bend double breathing heavily looking at the dug out.

Can't understand all this negative hype over Duff's departure tbh. He never turned out to be the player we thought he would, and at the very best, he showed  some good fightning spirit at the end of the last season when everybody else did nothing. Other than that I think we got a very good price for him, and on top of that it's speculated that he earned anywhere between £50,000-£75,000 which he simply didn't deserve.

Of course we have to replace him, like we have to replace and add a lot more players, but I don't think it will be that hard. As soon as the take over is completed and we have a manager, things look a lot brighter. Now I just wish we could go on and sell Butt and Geremi while we're at it, however, I realise that is wishful thinking.

Tbh I can't blame any player leaving us, we're the worst run club in the country.

I just want a new owner/manager in asap so we can actually move on and forget the failures and mistakes of the past.

Doesn't say anything wrong there.

He said at the start of the summer he was happy to stay and get the club promoted again. Now he's left he's saying he hated it. not surprising it was just a bit surprised.

I'm sure it was real torment picking up 70 grand a week.  I'd let someone hit me with a  cane for an hour a day for that.

Pisses me off the crap some footballers come out with when they leave. "Oh it didn't work out for me", "I didn't enjoy my time". They never take responsibility for their own failings, I can understand why of course, it's only in autobiographies after they retire that a few honest ones admit, " I played really shit for the club".

Never once did Damien Duff perform for NUFC, he did nothing to justify the wedge that he was on and if anything an apology to the fans for his injury plagued time with us is more fitting.

I'm sure it was real torment picking up 70 grand a week.  I'd let someone hit me with a  cane for an hour a day for that.

Pisses me off the crap some footballers come out with when they leave. "Oh it didn't work out for me", "I didn't enjoy my time". They never take responsibility for their own failings, I can understand why of course, it's only in autobiographies after they retire that a few honest ones admit, " I played really shit for the club".

Never once did Damien Duff perform for NUFC, he did nothing to justify the wedge that he was on and if anything an apology to the fans for his injury plagued time with us is more fitting.

Damien Duff along with others like Owen, Martins, Viduka and Barton are the players I hold more responsible for our relegation than anyone else. These fuckers were paid massive sums to win matches against players who were earning a lot less and they failed. You didn't enjoy it? Well neither did we but we weren't paid to watch your shit Damien. Fuck off and good riddance.

pasted from .COM

some meaningless sound bites from former players:

Habib Beye (who reputedly asked for a transfer request):

"I’m under contract, and I will be here next year to put this club back in the Premier League. I have played for Newcastle for two years, and I love this club.”

Damien Duff:

"I'm as loyal as they come and, whether the gaffer stays or goes, I'd love to try and get Newcastle back up into the Premier League."

Obafemi Martins:

"..my aim is to stay and help get Newcastle promoted next season. I love living in Newcastle and there are few better places to live and play.