Danny Simpson joins on a 6 month loan

Nicky

Looks a good promising defender,  quick, good tackler and can get forward.  I'd certainly look to get the loan extended till the end of the season and if he is out of contract look to make it a permanent deal from January,  he'll be able to talk to clubs from Jan so we need to make him a deal ready for the end of the season, due to his age though we won't get him for free but can't see him costing too much,  be suprised if a tribunal puts the price at more than £1m.

I am happy with him so far. He is technically sound which you would expect from someone brought through the ranks and Man Utd. Needs more confidence going forward. He's here to defend in the main and he is a big reason for our clean sheets this season. Very impressed with his performance against Leicester considering it was his 1st time in the position and the Leicester strike force is one of the better in the league. Same with Cardiff, I can't think of too many stronger forward lines in the league than Cardiff or Leicester.

If he is out of contract in the summer, we would be stupid not to snap him up on a free, considering the wages he will be on.

Wouldn`t there still be some sort of fee that Man U are due..... in respect of compensation for `training and development costs`?  Some sort of FA rule or something....

First time I've seen him at full back yesterday, very solid. Comfortably good enough for this league, keep him until the end of the year at least.

Aye, and I think he'll improve once he gets his confidence up. And he's devilishly handsome.

First time I've seen him at full back yesterday, very solid. Comfortably good enough for this league, keep him until the end of the year at least.

Aye, and I think he'll improve once he gets his confidence up. And he's devilishly handsome.

An underrated attribute in footballers. Although he's got a tough time filling Habib's boots in both the looks and talent department as far as I'm concerned.

Seems quite good. Was solid at CB when called upon which I thought was highly impressive. Not an easy task. If he carries on this good form then he would be worth signing. IF we got back into the premiership I suspect he might be out of his depth as will 4/5 of our team.

I felt he and the rest of the defence were extremely steady, only that one moment of madness close to the end of the game by Enrique, outside of that they showed they were a class ahead of their opponents.