Danny Simpson joins on a 6 month loan

Nicky

Guest Heneage

Did well tonight, very fast, the 23 would have murdered Taylor when he got shifted out wide. Would like to see him get forward bit more but a solid debut.

He had a few words for the midfield towards the end of the night like, which was somewhat encouraging. Looked pretty tentative up until that point

Blackburn pal of mine said he was their best player towards the end of last season

From what I've heard about him from Rovers supporters his biggest problems definitely are in going forward and putting in crosses. He is very shy to attack and often freezes when he gets the ball in the oponent half and crosses end up in the crowd somewhere.

Wasn't that impressed with him tonight tbh, not that that means anything at all at this stage.

Steady & unspectacular.  Looks potentially quite quick.

Sounds similar to Glen Jonhson.

Nah. I would actually describe Glen Johnson as unsteady but very spectacular.

GJ can be a bit suspect defensively, but is an awesome attacking threat.

Thought he did fairly well. Didn't envy him having to make his debut with that useless knacker Taylor playing just in front of him.

Thank God it isn't just me. He really is woeful isn't he.

Guest toonlass

Alan Smith told him off for giving him the ball under pressure. Apart from that I thought he was pretty unremarkable.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Legend already

Asked about his time at Sunderland, he joked: "I prefer to be in black and white!

"Someone mentioned Sunderland got 41,000 against Chelsea (on Tuesday night), and we got 43,000 against Sheffield Wednesday.

"That just shows the passion the fans have for the club – it speaks volumes. We've got more fans than them coming to Championship games.

"I'm just glad to be here. Sunderland's behind me now – that was years ago.

"I'm just looking forward to doing the same at Newcastle and getting into the Premiership."