Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Out of the three bits of news that came out last night this is the least disappointing, he seems to like the club and comes across as someone who is suprised/ so pleased he is where he is. Most would not argue that he is a nice person but sometimes nice guys do finish last. I can see this turning into southgate mk2 a man who seems willing to act as a shield for those that should be taking the flack while retaining a smile on his face until the knife will come from behind when he least expects it.

silly appointment! should we go up he will struggle in the PL, imo

Hughton being our manager until 2011 and ashley staying at the helm is probably the worst years this year!

oh...i forgot ashley also wanna rename st. james park :facepalm:

Im getting more and more paranoid coz i truly believe he hates us!!!

Guest neesy111

remember hughton is totally unknown in the transfer market for using cash, & if it was anything to go by his loan signings, they won't be good

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hughton being our manager until 2011 and ashley staying at the helm is probably the worst years this year!

Just realised?

Out of the three bits of news that came out last night this is the least disappointing, he seems to like the club and comes across as someone who is suprised/ so pleased he is where he is. Most would not argue that he is a nice person but sometimes nice guys do finish last. I can see this turning into southgate mk2 a man who seems willing to act as a shield for those that should be taking the flack while retaining a smile on his face until the knife will come from behind when he least expects it.

sounds about right sadly

I'm not going to worry about whether Hughton is good enough for the Premiership until we actually get there.  It is still a long, long way away at the moment. 

If we do go up and Ashley is still in charge, or decides to put us 'on the market' again (so he doesn't have to spend money on transfers) then I'll be worried.  Until then, I'll be happy enough if we can just get out of this league.

Just realised?

just a bit slow.

At least we tick a box having a black manager.

First club to have 3? (Ardiles, Gullit, Hughton)

I'm sure we were the first to have two, so I thus assume we are the first to have three

Big Al looks smug as owt in tht pic like probs because he doesn't need diagrams of the pitch like Chris does  O0

Ahh but Chris has the headset mate, balances things back out.

Everyone who wears a headset looks like a prick. I cannit stand those 'bluetooth' people that wear those handsfree things when they're not even in their car. Just pick up the fucking phone man.

Big Al looks smug as owt in tht pic like probs because he doesn't need diagrams of the pitch like Chris does  O0

Ahh but Chris has the headset mate, balances things back out.

Everyone who wears a headset looks like a prick. I cannit stand those 'bluetooth' people that wear those handsfree things when they're not even in their car. Just pick up the f***ing phone man.

Yeah but big Chris can pull it off. The guys a fashion demon!

2011 is erm 13months away.  club may have changed hands by then, and a new manager lined up....if CH can do enuff to win promotion then thats his time over.

Would be suprised if he was any good in the transfer market.  HEs got 2 months to get looking....

Another result that masks his tactical ineptitude.

Yep, why the bloody hell did he bring Harewood on and leave another 2 strikers on the pitch.  Beyond belief, I'd also like to say I think he made the wrong choice on his strikeforce but we won.  Still think Carrol and Ranger should have started.  The only problem then is you have to play Nolan as a normal CM which he can't as his legs have gone and this would also mean we couldnt play one of Ryan Taylor or Jonas as a winger as the defence wouldn't have enough protection.  I think width is important but I'm not sure whether its more important than a decent strikeforce.

So all in all I can understand his team selection in a way but probably wouldn't have been what I'd have picked.  (Still can't understand bringing Harewood on)