Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Thought Chris would fuck things up, so I'm absolutely delighted to say he's proving me wrong. We've put a lot of distance on 3rd place and I'm extremely confident we'll get promotion with a bit to spare - might even put my feet up soon haha. ;)

Relegation was shit heartbreaking obviously, but I'm kinda enjoying this season.  :celb:

It was easy to drop Owen though as we had Viduka, Martins & Carroll all available towards the end. There were games last season where he was leaving out Nolan, Smith & Barton to play Butt.

There really wasn't anything to separate Smith, Nolan and Butt though last year. All absolutely woeful. And Barton was either injured or suspended.

It was easy to drop Owen though as we had Viduka, Martins & Carroll all available towards the end. There were games last season where he was leaving out Nolan, Smith & Barton to play Butt.

There really wasn't anything to separate Smith, Nolan and Butt though last year. All absolutely woeful. And Barton was either injured or suspended.

Smith looked better than the other two in the fleeting appearances he made in central midfield. Butt was awful for pretty much every single game bar about three, and Nolan just hid from the ball and took no responsibility.

Smith looked better than the other two in the fleeting appearances he made in central midfield. Butt was awful for pretty much every single game bar about three, and Nolan just hid from the ball and took no responsibility.

Did he? I can't say that he did to me. Butt looked more mobile than Smith, which says a hell of a lot. Despite Butt being finished, he was at least one of the few who tried to take responsibility last year, despite being nowhere near enough to do so.

Did he? I can't say that he did to me. Butt looked more mobile than Smith, which says a hell of a lot. Despite Butt being finished, he was at least one of the few who tried to take responsibility last year, despite being nowhere near enough to do so.

i was saying that all last season. butt at least looked around and mad an attempt to get forward, smith, supposedly more mobile made no attempt at all and created sod all.

i still see little or no difference between smith and butt.

i was saying that all last season. butt at least looked around and mad an attempt to get forward, smith, supposedly more mobile made no attempt at all and created sod all.

Smith isn't more mobile. Butt is the better athlete. The big difference is that Smith, when in possession of the ball, is far more confident and can deliver the right pass. Butt just looks like he wants to get rid of it.

Smith is a real leader and I think has played a big part in getting everyone together and focused on promotion - perhaps just as important as Hughton in that respect.

Simon Bird's trying to manage the trick of endlessly slagging off Newcastle while keeping the fans onside. What a c***.

Although I pretty much agreed with JFK about Bird, I think that is a very good article and sums up what has happened under Hughton.

CHRISSY HUGHTON'S BLACK AND WHITE AND GREY ARMY !!

Simon Bird's trying to manage the trick of endlessly slagging off Newcastle while keeping the fans onside. What a c***.

Although I pretty much agreed with JFK about Bird, I think that is a very good article and sums up what has happened under Hughton.

It's an illustration of the fact that the most important relationships around a club are between the players, the coaching staff and the owners / board. If those are harmonious, then the team can deal with whatever happens to be kicking off outside.

Smith isn't more mobile. Butt is the better athlete. The big difference is that Smith, when in possession of the ball, is far more confident and can deliver the right pass. Butt just looks like he wants to get rid of it.

Smith is a real leader and I think has played a big part in getting everyone together and focused on promotion - perhaps just as important as Hughton in that respect.

Absolutely correct. Smith might not be any quicker than Butt but he has far more stamina, and keeps the passes quick, short and simple. Not to mention he's much better in the air so adds value there as well. The truth is we have a glut of midfielders who are happier playing in their own half rather than the opposition, even the so called creative midfielders like Guthrie and Barton sit back far too much when playing in the middle.

Quite liked that article tbh.

Bit of a misleading title imo.  If you're going to commend someone for keeping their head down and getting on with their job, "boring" isn't usually the best word.

Not a lot else to argue with it about though. 

Quite liked that article tbh.

Bit of a misleading title imo.  If you're going to commend someone for keeping their head down and getting on with their job, "boring" isn't usually the best word.

Not a lot else to argue with it about though. 

i agree, good article, and his quotes about Allardyce especially!, but the undertones about "boring" kinda leave a bitter taste...its almost subliminal.

I wonder what Kinner thinks about that article?...

It's an illustration of the fact that the most important relationships around a club are between the players, the coaching staff and the owners / board. If those are harmonious, then the team can deal with whatever happens to be kicking off outside.

:icon_scratch:

Keegan and the fall-out from his departure is the reason why we're looking at relegation rather than our now customary lower-half of the table position.

UV must be pleasantly surprised that we are 4 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand considering he was fearing possible relegation from this division. Life sometimes has a brighter side after all  :indi:

UV must be pleasantly surprised that we are 4 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand considering he was fearing possible relegation from this division. Life sometimes has a brighter side after all  :indi:

We've had a bigger gap than this at christmas before and blown in, lets just hope we are more than 12 points clear come Boxing day.

doesnt this numpty learn his lessons?

"Nicky Butt, who has not been a regular this season, will come in for the suspended Kevin Nolan and Hughton added: “For someone of his age, whether he is at fit as he was at 24, I don’t know, but  he can’t be that far off. He is a very tough individual."

criminal

"Nicky Butt, who has not been a regular this season, will come in for the suspended Kevin Nolan and Hughton added: For someone of his age, whether he is at fit as he was at 24, I dont know, but  he cant be that far off. He is a very tough individual."

criminal

Has he named him in the side tonight then?

"Nicky Butt, who has not been a regular this season, will come in for the suspended Kevin Nolan and Hughton added: For someone of his age, whether he is at fit as he was at 24, I dont know, but  he cant be that far off. He is a very tough individual."

criminal

He will do no doubt.

criminal

He will do no doubt.

If he does maybe he knows better than us because for me Smith and Butt is a terrible combination. The reason we are playing in this division is because we haven't had a decent central midfielder for three years.