Marlon Harewood

Dave

He'll be a very good deal for us as we'll now have a range of different options up front:

Carroll: Tall, excellent at holding ball up and flick ons, canny finisher too with both head and feet.

Harewood: Tall, bulky and a handful for most defenders

Ranger: Tall and slick player with a history of goals at lower levels, bags of potential

Lovenkrands: Shorter, quick and very good finsher who has lots of experience. Versatile too

Vuckic: raw talent and desperate to impress

Shola: semi-championship legend thus far

Overall I'm very happy with these forward players, especially for a championship team and they're all eager to impress  :pow:

Lovenkrands really isn't a "very good finisher"

I'd start Harewood & Carroll together to be honest. Lovenkrands is still off the pace for me. We have most potential for goals with Harewood & Carroll. 

When Shola returns from injury, guess that Harewood would prob go back to Villa? If not, I'd love to see Shola & Harewood up front. They would tear this league apart.

This would be my lineup with him in it

Harper

Simpson      Taylor          Colo      Jose

Smith

<-----Guthrie        Nolan      Jonas

Harewood  Ranger/Ameobi

Very pleased with these two signings. The Georgian especially could have actually helped us last season. Premiership quality players in my opinion.

Average Premiership players but in this league that's very good.

Think Harewood's pace & strength will do us good mind, though i've not seen too much of Khizanishvilli so no idea how he's going to improve but it does boost the squad numbers, least now if one of Taylor or Colo gets injured were not entirely fooked.

Guest toonlass

Always, with the racism.

Nowt racist about it, they just both look like bulldogs chewing wasps.

Glass houses Miss Crawford.

Shut it, Chunk!

He'll be a very good deal for us as we'll now have a range of different options up front:

Carroll: Tall, excellent at holding ball up and flick ons, canny finisher too with both head and feet.

Harewood: Tall, bulky and a handful for most defenders

Ranger: Tall and slick player with a history of goals at lower levels, bags of potential

Lovenkrands: Shorter, quick and very good finsher who has lots of experience. Versatile too

Vuckic: raw talent and desperate to impress

Shola: semi-championship legend thus far

Overall I'm very happy with these forward players, especially for a championship team and they're all eager to impress  :pow:

Lovenkrands really isn't a "very good finisher"

I'd say he is, he just hasn't had many opportunities to play as a striker. His goals at previous clubs suggested it too. Either way, I just hope he gets a bunch of goals this seasons for us to prove your opinion wrong :D

Very pleased with these two signings. The Georgian especially could have actually helped us last season. Premiership quality players in my opinion.

Think Harewood's pace & strength will do us good mind, though i've not seen too much of Khizanishvilli so no idea how he's going to improve but it does boost the squad numbers, least now if one of Taylor or Colo gets injured were not entirely fooked.

My old housemate's a Rovers ST holder, said Zurab's a good player, will easily be good enough for the championship. He also said he was much, much better for them than Simpson was.

Guest toonlass

My friend's friend's husband is Zurab's agent, and has said that he is really looking forward to playing for us, and is genuinely excited to have signed up on loan with us.

My old housemate's a Rovers ST holder, said Zurab's a good player, will easily be good enough for the championship. He also said he was much, much better for them than Simpson was.

Does he operate in the penalty area much or is another player who likes to run from deep? I haven't seen that much of him but we seem to have a glut of strikers who are good at being target men and not very many who actually get in goal scoring positions on a regular basis.