Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

Terrible, terrible performance, but I'll take the three points.

Cardiff are apparently supposed to be our main promotion rival but if this is the best they can put together I don't think we've got a whole lot to worry about. We were absolutely there for the taking and they put together nothing at all. Just a bunch of below-average players trying to make things happen.

The main downside, I think, is that some of the players are starting to get cocky and reverting to previous form (Barton, Smith.)

Danny Simpson MoM.

Nicky Butt's going to start our next game now.  :weep:

On the plus side, Smith is suspended so we need someone to take over as the holding midfielder.

Hopefully Butt suffers a serious injury in the next fixture.

Nice result

Can't fault Smith for the sending off, he did exactly what he needed to do.  Reminiscent of Solskjaer vs Lee at Old Trafford.

Also, it really helped today that Chopra is psychologically incapable of scoring against us.

The first six games won't determine which of the pre-existing Championship sides will be your main rivals ffs. It swings every year, Cardiff's good start + decent last seasons =/= them challenging this year.

Guest toonlass

Very poor, thankfully next in the league is Plymouth at home who themselves are in poor form, is it a 1 game suspension or 2?

Blackpool next Nixon

One of the hardest games we'll have to play, apparently played shite, still came away with the three points.

Walking this league. :lol:

for me, on paper our toughest game, won it, i think we are the best team in this league.

Smith ran his bollocks off, there's no hint whatsoever of reverting to previous form. The problem with Smith has been there for all to see all season, he could have easily been sent off against Sheff Wed and Reading and was finally punished today. Needs to cut out the daft fouls though, constantly in the last third.