Newcastle United V Plymouth Argyle Pre-Match Thread - 19/09/09- 3pm KO

Fenham Mag

I've opted for Ryan Taylor on the basis that you shoud always have your best crosser of the ball playing when your striker is 7 fet tall and good in the air.

Geremi and Butt should both be sent to the knackers yard and never darken our first team again.

..............................Harper

Simpson.....Taylor.............Collicini......Enrique

R Taylor......Smith.............Nolan.......Guthrie

.................Carroll...........Lovenkrands

Based on opinions, this is mine

Strength, aerial ability, pace and movement up front, it has to be Carroll and Lovenkrands which is about the best we have at present.

The major problem is the supply line and we need our most creative player in the centre of midfield. That is Barton. If we could have got another decent left back in, I would have considered moving Enrique to the left of midfield. He reminds me a lot of Alan Kennedy in his hey day and he played a few effective games in midfield for the club before he left for Liverpool.

Playing Smith up front when he hasn't scored in two years and we have other striking options? Genius!

What are you worried about, sonny? If he did poorly, as you'd like, it would give you another chance to boo our own players in encouragement...

If you're seriously suggesting Carroll and Ranger are better players than Smith, then you must be smoking something. Since Smith joined the club people like you didn't want him in the team in any position because he hasn't scored goals while being out injured,  :idiot2: so I think I'll file your reply in the nonsense bin where it belongs.

You're either a wum, or clinically insane.  Either way you are wrong.

In your opinion.  :laugh:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't know why we should play Lovenkrands ahead of Carroll or Ranger in a 4-4-2, I don't think he was ever that good in his first spell (yes, I know he was better than Owen, but that's not saying much) he scored three fairly simple goals that Carroll and Ranger could easily score.  I know football isn't as simple as that and you obviously have to get into the position to score in the first place but I think Carroll and Ranger have done enough to earn their place in the team.

And no, before anyone says, it's not two target men.  You'll struggle to find a CB as fast as Ranger, so it's a fairly effective partnership.

To be honest I don't think Ranger looks that fast...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I've opted for Ryan Taylor on the basis that you shoud always have your best crosser of the ball playing when your striker is 7 fet tall and good in the air.

Geremi and Butt should both be sent to the knackers yard and never darken our first team again.

..............................Harper

Simpson.....Taylor.............Collicini......Enrique

R Taylor......Smith.............Nolan.......Guthrie

.................Carroll...........Lovenkrands

Geremi isn't a bad player at this level. He still is a good crosser of the ball and can pick out a pass. He has very good technique and is a good squad player at Championship level. If we get promoted, maybe that's a different story.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would like:

Harper

Simpson Colo Taylor Jose

Guthrie Barton Smith Loven

Ranger Carroll

Will be:

Harper

Simpson Colo Taylor Jose

RTaylor Butt Smith Barton

Nolan Carroll

I don't know why we should play Lovenkrands ahead of Carroll or Ranger in a 4-4-2, I don't think he was ever that good in his first spell (yes, I know he was better than Owen, but that's not saying much) he scored three fairly simple goals that Carroll and Ranger could easily score.  I know football isn't as simple as that and you obviously have to get into the position to score in the first place but I think Carroll and Ranger have done enough to earn their place in the team.

And no, before anyone says, it's not two target men.  You'll struggle to find a CB as fast as Ranger, so it's a fairly effective partnership.

Based on what? :lol:

Based on common sense?  You don't think Ranger or Carroll have the ability to put the ball in the back of the net from five yards?  Carroll's already scored a couple of cracking headers which a lot of strikers wouldn't be able to pull off.

I just don't think Lovenkrands is the answer to all our problems which some people seem to think, he's no better than the other strikers at the club, if at all better.  I'd love him to do well I just don't think he's that good, hence the lack of interest from other clubs.

Carroll and Ranger man  :lol:

one's never scored, the other averages 1 in 5

Based on common sense?  You don't think Ranger or Carroll have the ability to put the ball in the back of the net from five yards?  Carroll's already scored a couple of cracking headers which a lot of strikers wouldn't be able to pull off.

I just don't think Lovenkrands is the answer to all our problems which some people seem to think, he's no better than the other strikers at the club, if at all better.  I'd love him to do well I just don't think he's that good, hence the lack of interest from other clubs.

It's not like we have a glut of goal scoring strikers to choose from to be fair.

Both are young and have hardly played, it's no wonder they haven't got great scoring records.  However, one is an England U19 international and the other an England U21 international, so they have potential if nothing else.

Lovenkrands on the other hand has proven over his career he's not a great goalscorer (9 goals in 48 games for his last two clubs- 1 in 5 funnily enough).

I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply like because you come out the same crap all the time: Colo and Barton are class (someone can tell me when Barton does something worthwhile in a black and white shirt) and Carroll and Ranger are crap.

I hope Lovenkrands does score loads for us but everyone knows he's not a great goalscorer.

:lol:

I never said Ranger was crap, he's just young and if he starts it needs to be with someone experienced. Carroll as a footballer is poor but for this league he's ok, not ideal but worthy of the occassional start

Colo is class in this league imo, Barton will eventually shine when he's played in his position (how well would Robert Lee have done on the wing?)

Lovenkrands will easily get 1 in 2 in this league

Guest Rob 1988

S Harper

Simpson    S Taylor    Khizanishvili    Enrique

R Taylor      Smith©    Nolan            Guthrie

Carroll    Ranger

NUFC 10 : 0 Green Army EASY, EASY ,EASY, You Shut Up ;D

S Harper

Simpson    S Taylor     Khizanishvili    Enrique

R Taylor      Smith©     Nolan             Guthrie

Carroll     Ranger

NUFC 10 : 0 Green Army EASY, EASY ,EASY, You Shut Up ;D

:facepalm:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Alan Smith ©, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Peter Lovenkrands, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Danny Guthrie, Nicky Butt, Ryan Taylor, Kazenga LuaLua, Zurab Khizanishvili, Nile Ranger