Newcastle United V Plymouth Argyle Pre-Match Thread - 19/09/09- 3pm KO

Fenham Mag

There's no reason why Carroll and Ranger can't work tbh. They've both got decent technique, whilst one of them is good in the air and the other is good at holding up the ball with his feet. Plus, Ranger's pacey and could thrive off Carroll's flick-ons... he needs to have more of a striker's instinct though, does Ranger. I'd definitely like to see them two upfront against Plymouth tbh. Put Lovenkrands on the left and stop accommodating all the seasoned-pro centre-mids.

To be honest, i think he has got a bit of strikers instinct in him. He's scored a fair few at other levels.

I think it's more to do with his confidence at this level. Which will come with more games. 

If we go with one up top at home to the bottom team in the division I may have to kill someone.

Smith in for Butt and Ranger in for Nolan please.

Jonas on the bench if he's able, though we really shouldn't need him.

Reckon Smith will replace Guthrie and we'll keep it the same otherwise though.

Thing is, Ranger has had a difficult and thankless job to do in recent games. He can't show much going forward because he's being asked to play with his back to goal, hold it up and play it backwards.

It's going to damage the lad if it continues, like poor Jon Dahl Thomasen a few years back - but look what he went on to do.

Harps

Simpson - Saylor - Colo - Enrique

Guthrie - nolan - smith - barton/jonas

Løvenkrands - Carroll

ranger

geremi

krul

butt

lua lua

kizhi

vukic

?

would be nice something along those lines, atleast 2 strikers, and hopefully løvenkrands pace will work well with carroll.

Thing is, Ranger has had a difficult and thankless job to do in recent games. He can't show much going forward because he's being asked to play with his back to goal, hold it up and play it backwards.

It's going to damage the lad if it continues, like poor Jon Dahl Thomasen a few years back - but look what he went on to do.

clearly didn't damage him then eh

Harps

Simpson - Saylor - Colo - Enrique

Guthrie - nolan - smith - barton/jonas

Løvenkrands - Carroll

ranger

geremi

krul

butt

lua lua

kizhi

vukic

?

would be nice something along those lines, atleast 2 strikers, and hopefully løvenkrands pace will work well with carroll.

Nolan in the centre ahead of Barton?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Butt Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Lovenkrands is wasted out wide

I wondered who'd fail to spot that's the team I think will play rather than the one I'd pick. I thought the selection of Nicky Butt made it obvious...

Obviously

I was just pointing out that Lovenkrands is wasted out wide, needless to say Hughton will still probably play him there

Guest toonlass

Lovenkrands up front please, lets have a footballer there for a change

Two forwards up front would be nice for a change, Lovenkrands and whoever else.

They are fucking woeful & we need some goals in the bank, so it would be nice to either have a attacking formation or players blitzing forward. The only player on there team that bothers me & he is not even a regular starter is Rory Fallon the sort of big lad that often causes our team problems.

Harper

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Geremi Barton Smith Guthrie

Lovenkrands Carroll

not a chance in hell, but that team would crush Plymouth. Nolan, R Taylor and Butt nowhere fucking near

Nolan and Butt are untouchable.

Harper

Simpson   Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Geremi   Barton   Smith   Guthrie

Lovenkrands Carroll

not a chance in hell, but that team would crush Plymouth. Nolan, R Taylor and Butt nowhere f***ing near

crap man, utter rubbish. you haven't got a clue have you,you're a joke.....loon.

(err reply no.10 this thread)

What's the deal with this game.

The fixtures/betting agencies/nufc.com/nufc.co.uk all say it is supposed to be played at 3pm on Saturday 19th September, now & today.  But, this thread says the 21st September and there is nothing to suggest the game is underway.  I can't find any reference to the game being moved to the 21st, so whats going on???

Edit: I'm an idiot and got my international time-line wrong.

What's the deal with this game.

The fixtures/betting agencies/nufc.com/nufc.co.uk all say it is supposed to be played at 3pm on Saturday 19th September, now & today.  But, this thread says the 21st September and there is nothing to suggest the game is underway.  I can't find any reference to the game being moved to the 21st, so whats going on???

I'm just guessing but I would suggest if multiple media and bettingg organisations have the kick off time as 3pm on the 19th then they will be correct

I would be very surprised if the game is to be played on a Monday afternoon when many fans will be at work, college, school, trying to buy the club etc.

Just a thought

I think we should keep Barton in the team as hes never had a really regular run in the team due to past hassle and injuries.

Playing consistently will bring form and we need joey to get some form in this division.

I'd probably have Loven and Carroll up top with Nile on the bench of course. Butt needs to be hidden away as a last resort, if there is a god...

I think we should keep Barton in the team as hes never had a really regular run in the team due to past hassle and injuries.

Playing consistently will bring form and we need joey to get some form in this division.

I'd probably have Loven and Carroll up top with Nile on the bench of course. Butt needs to be hidden away as a last resort, if there is a god...

I'd like to see Barton alongside msith in cm tbh.  He's shite on the left wing.

Jonas--Barton--Smith--Guthrie

is clearly our best midfield imo, either that or

Barton---Guthrie

------Smith------

in a 3.

Although it's not his best position I'd be tempted to play Lovenkrands wide left for the next 1/2 games till Jonas is back to keep some consistency with the other 3's positions. Though of course Nicky Butt will play every minute of every remaining fixture and get a 5 year extension making this^ and every other post in this thread and on this forum ever irrelevant

They are cack.

6-0

Where are the goals going to come from??

I think we'll win, but certainly not by more than 2 goals max.

Trouble is now we've had a good start people are expecting to win, rather than going to the match not knowing what it will be like.