Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

Fantastic result.

Enrique had some shocking moments, but everyone played well.

Harper took the piss all the way through.

Ketsbias Georgian successor looked class. Marlon has some good moments when he came on.

Lets hope Colo and Raylor dont have any serious knocks, will probably see them rested as precaution at QPR, which shouldnt matter too much with Danny Simpson and probably Barton/Guthrie returning.

Btw, i think Mark Bright has firmly cemented his place in the top prize pricks in football media. Talking out of his arse constantly for 90 minutes. Ridiulous when he was ranting about how Walters didn't deserve a yellow card. It was the third time an Ipswich player had gone in on one of ours with their studs up (Leadbitter on Taylor shortly before), and it was about time they got cautioned. Mistime those challenges by a second and you run the risk of breaking someone's legs. Course it was a fucking booking.

Btw, i think Mark Bright has firmly cemented his place in the top prize pricks in football media. Talking out of his arse constantly for 90 minutes. Ridiulous when he was ranting about how Walters didn't deserve a yellow card. It was the third time an Ipswich player had gone in on one of ours with their studs up (Leadbitter on Taylor shortly before), and it was about time they got cautioned. Mistime those challenges by a second and you run the risk of breaking someone's legs. Course it was a fucking booking.

And he said Chris Houghton.

Guest firetotheworks

Btw, i think Mark Bright has firmly cemented his place in the top prize pricks in football media. Talking out of his arse constantly for 90 minutes. Ridiulous when he was ranting about how Walters didn't deserve a yellow card. It was the third time an Ipswich player had gone in on one of ours with their studs up (Leadbitter on Taylor shortly before), and it was about time they got cautioned. Mistime those challenges by a second and you run the risk of breaking someone's legs. Course it was a f***ing booking.

Ooh I dont know about that like. I think he's got some way to be worse than the co-commentator Setanta had last season, Arsenal Alan Smith and of course the absolute man-cunt that is Clive Tyldsley.

Butt spent the first half mistiming tackles and giving the ball away, he was shite

He was unable to deal when under any pressure whatsoever, got to imagine that there are a few managers out there now looking at that for when they play us.

Guest firetotheworks

On a personal level its good to know that a win at this level feels just as good as a win in the premier league. It shouldn't, but it does.

Excellent (and slightly unexpected) performance even though Ipswich were pish. Can only beat what is put in front of you. I thought Keane would have had them up for this today, but they just fell apart after the first goal. Nolan MoM today, but everyone played well despite Enrique with a couple of brainstorms that could have been costly. Thought Carroll and Ranger put themselves about really well and Ipswich just couldn't cope with the power, height and pace.

Bring on QPR on Weds - more of the same please. Only hope those who picked up knocks are fit. Suspect Coloccini and Ryan Taylor may be out of a few weeks though.

Oh - and Keane getting dogs abuse off the Ipswich fans as he walked back along the touchline at full time.  :coolsmiley: