Newcastle v QPR, 19:45 Wednesday, 30 September 2009 Pre Match Thread

Astroblack

f***ing hell :lol:

it's amazing the amount of 'realists' on this forum. The 'i'm not going to predict an easy win because I refuse to be positive' people.

Face it, we're one of the best in this league. Stop trying to get one over on people, pretending you're better than everyone else because you've predicted a loss or draw.

Always remember, these teams are in the Championship because they're not good enough for the PL. They're not suddenly gonna become world beaters man :lol:

The thing is, I'm one of those 'realist' (pessimistic) people, yet I still think we'll piss all over this league (injuries permitting). Yes we'll lose a few games here and there, but ultimately, we're playing against some teams that just aren't very good. I still think our squad needs more depth incase of injuries, but obviously thats not a massive concern for the game tonight!

Aye we are bound tyo lose some matches but we should walk this league, in my opinion we've played shite all season, no creativity, no pace, misplaced passes.  The only reason we are winning is because we currently havea squad which should probably bein the bottom5/6 of the prem whereas the other teams if in the prem would be lucky to get 10 points West Brom excluded.

it's amazing the amount of 'realists' on this forum. The 'i'm not going to predict an easy win because I refuse to be positive' people.

Face it, we're one of the best in this league. Stop trying to get one over on people, pretending you're better than everyone else because you've predicted a loss or draw.

Always remember, these teams are in the Championship because they're not good enough for the PL. They're not suddenly gonna become world beaters man :lol:

The thing is, I'm one of those 'realist' (pessimistic) people, yet I still think we'll piss all over this league (injuries permitting). Yes we'll lose a few games here and there, but ultimately, we're playing against some teams that just aren't very good. I still think our squad needs more depth incase of injuries, but obviously thats not a massive concern for the game tonight!

Aye we are bound tyo lose some matches but we should walk this league, in my opinion we've played s**** all season, no creativity, no pace, misplaced passes.  The only reason we are winning is because we currently havea squad which should probably bein the bottom5/6 of the prem whereas the other teams if in the prem would be lucky to get 10 points West Brom excluded.

so the only reason we are at the top is because we are better than the rest ?

Aye we are bound tyo lose some matches but we should walk this league, in my opinion we've played s**** all season, no creativity, no pace, misplaced passes.  The only reason we are winning is because we currently havea squad which should probably bein the bottom5/6 of the prem whereas the other teams if in the prem would be lucky to get 10 points West Brom excluded.

so the only reason we are at the top is because we are better than the rest ?

Yes but by our standards the football we are playing is shit compared to what we've seen decline over the past few years.  I don't know about others but I didn't watch much Championship football before this season and am shocked at how bad the teams are.  I think people are being pessimistic because they are looking at our performances from a view point which they know and thats the prem, these performances in the prem would see us beat on most occasions but in this league that slight extra quality we have makes a massive difference.

Guest Roger Kint

You are aware we are one of the teams not good enough for the PL and arent world beaters either arent you?

Theres nothing wrong with being confident and cautious despite your reservations of anyone not predicting an easy win each game. No one up manship at all, we all expected to cane Leicester and Blackpool yet got 3 lucky points out of those games.

I think people are still expecting the worst because that's generally the route the club has gone down in recent times. Last night's results means a win tonight could provide us with a decent cushion after ten games, a cushion that could be vital later in the season if or when a blip eventually comes.

I have a feeling tonight's game will be similar to the Leicester game in that the opposition will create the odd chance and won't roll over and die like Ipswich did at the weekend. In spite of the current list of injuries we have a group of players playing with condifence and a manager who has finally realised the correct formation for them, add to the equation we generally have more quality and the backing of the home support and I'm going for a narrow home win.

Quidditch Player's Ringpiece. euph:

'Oh Ron after that battle with with Voldemort, i'm aching like a Quidditch player's ringpiece...' groaned Harry'

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K Rowling