Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I like the way each tournament, be it a world cup or a euro championship, takes on it's own personality and character based not only on the narrative that unfolds but on the locations and nature of the hosts.

I just hope this doesn't destroy that and we end up with a generic tournament with no real memorable defining characteristics.

Bale is a good player but his hype is ridiculous.

Honestly i think the general public have gone from overrating him to underrating him now.....

Player gets insane hype from media thus receives so much abuse and becomes underrated.... it always f*cking happens and i think it's happened with Bale.

I think he's a pretty fantastic player and one of the best in the league but nowhere near as much the media hypes him.

He's not better than Ibra either.

:thup: There's honestly not many/if any better that does what he does. He's perfect for the way AVB likes to play with fast, fluid counter attacking football. This will be the third season in a row he's chipped in with double figures whilst playing out wide, you can't argue with that return.

People are mentioning his consistency but I don't think it's any worse than the majority of attacking midfielders.

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja

Uefa Euro 2020 will be played across Europe, Uefa decided today

(he works for Bloomberg)

Not a fan.

I bet you would be if it was played all over America  ;)

:lol: Can you imagine? There'd be mass rioting.

Or based on the attitudes I witnessed this past summer, pure apathy :lol:

Bale is a good player but his hype is ridiculous.

Honestly i think the general public have gone from overrating him to underrating him now.....

Player gets insane hype from media thus receives so much abuse and becomes underrated.... it always f*cking happens and i think it's happened with Bale.

I think he's a pretty fantastic player and one of the best in the league but nowhere near as much the media hypes him.

He's not better than Ibra either.

:thup: There's honestly not many/if any better that does what he does. He's perfect for the way AVB likes to play with fast, fluid counter attacking football. This will be the third season in a row he's chipped in with double figures whilst playing out wide, you can't argue with that return.

People are mentioning his consistency but I don't think it's any worse than the majority of attacking midfielders.

Bale is fucking brilliant. No two ways about it for me. If he's on form, and he is more than not, forget about trying to play against him. He plays like a man possessed and there's nothing defenders can do. A winger scoring a hat trick against the reigning defender of the year is something nobody else has done. That's what it took for people to realise he was one of the best wingers in the world.

People arguing that he's one footed etc but so is Mata, Valencia, Ashley Cole, Van Persie as well. These are some the best players in the league.

Agree the media overrates as he isn't the best player in the world (outside the untouchable top three) by a long shot, but he's 23 and getting there for me.

Bale is f***ing brilliant. No two ways about it for me. If he's on form, and he is more than not, forget about trying to play against him. He plays like a man possessed and there's nothing defenders can do. A winger scoring a hat trick against the reigning defender of the year is something nobody else has done. That's what it took for people to realise he was one of the best wingers in the world.

People arguing that he's one footed etc but so is Mata, Valencia, Ashley Cole, Van Persie as well. These are some the best players in the league.

Agree the media overrates as he isn't the best player in the world (outside the untouchable top three) by a long shot, but he's 23 and getting there for me.

Better than Giggs. :thup:

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja

Uefa Euro 2020 will be played across Europe, Uefa decided today

(he works for Bloomberg)

Not a fan.

I bet you would be if it was played all over America  ;)

:lol: Can you imagine? There'd be mass rioting.

Or based on the attitudes I witnessed this past summer, pure apathy :lol:

I quite enjoyed the '94 world cup, despite england not being there. Mind much of it was due to John Adlridge kicking off.

Just watching old highlights of England playing at SJP. Shame you guys have Wembley, more than enough good stadiums to play in plus a few can be used for major international finals or tournaments. At the same time I see why a place where football is so important has a national stadium, but national team should not mean capitol team.

Just watching old highlights of England playing at SJP. Shame you guys have Wembley, more than enough good stadiums to play in plus a few can be used for major international finals or tournaments. At the same time I see why a place where football is so important has a national stadium, but national team should not mean capitol team.

With international games no longer being played on weekends you couldn't even go and watch England without taking time off work if you're from most Northern cities so they've even more of a London team than previous.