Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Former Newcastle United star Nobby Solano arrested at Manchester Airport

EX-NEWCASTLE United player Nolberto "Nobby" Solano was arrested at Manchester Airport over debts and unpaid tax this week.

The Peruvian footballer was arrested after repeatedly failing to respond to requests for co-operation over his problems. The bankrupt 38-year-old was stopped at passport control on Wednesday as his details were flagged up.

Solano's luxury home in the North East has previously been repossessed. The arrest warrant was issued after an application by accountants KPMG. Solano appeared at Leeds County Court in private on Thursday. It is understood his case was adjourned while his affairs are examined.

He had been at St James' Park last Sunday for the club's win against Southampton and had tweeted that he was looking forward to a trip to Greece to visit his children. He has since tweeted he is taking a break from the social networking site.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2013/03/03/former-newcastle-united-star-nobby-solano-arrested-at-manchester-airport-72703-32915300/

:undecided:

Guest neesy111

EX-NEWCASTLE United player Nolberto "Nobby" Solano was arrested at Manchester Airport over debts and unpaid tax this week.

The Peruvian footballer was arrested after repeatedly failing to respond to requests for co-operation over his problems. The bankrupt 38-year-old was stopped at passport control on Wednesday as his details were flagged up.

Solano's luxury home in the North East has previously been repossessed. The arrest warrant was issued after an application by accountants KPMG. Solano appeared at Leeds County Court in private on Thursday. It is understood his case was adjourned while his affairs are examined.

He had been at St James' Park last Sunday for the club's win against Southampton and had tweeted that he was looking forward to a trip to Greece to visit his children. He has since tweeted he is taking a break from the social networking site.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2013/03/03/former-newcastle-united-star-nobby-solano-arrested-at-manchester-airport-72703-32915300/

I'm sorry to say but someone who was paid well into the millions in his career and is bankrupt only has themselves to blame.

David Beckham takes up China football ambassador role

The Chinese Super League has recently been hit by the exit of ex-Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, while also suffering from a match-fixing scandal.

Beckham, 37, will combine the role with playing for Paris St-Germain.

"I am honoured to have been asked to play such an important role at this special time in Chinese football history," he said in a statement.

His role will involve attending league matches in China and visiting clubs to help promote the game to children.

"I'm excited by the prospect of promoting the world's greatest game to Chinese sports fans as I've seen first hand the growing interest in football there," added Beckham.

"This is a wonderful sport that inspires people across the world and brings families together, so I'm relishing the opportunity of introducing more fans to the game."

Drogba, 34, joined Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua in June 2012 on a two-and-half-year deal after helping Chelsea to win last season's Champions League.

But the Ivory Coast international left the Chinese club in January 2013 for Turkish side Galatasaray, in a controversial loan move.

Drogba's former Chelsea team-mate and ex-France striker Nicolas Anelka also left Shanghai in a short-term loan move to Italian side Juventus.

The departures have been a blow to the Chinese game ahead of the 2013 Chinese Super League season starting on 8 March.

There have also been problems with corruption, which resulted in the country's former top referee being jailed and 58 officials being banned for match-fixing by Fifa and the Chinese Football Association.

Beckham was a special ambassador for the 2012 London Olympics and the worldwide icon's role will be promote Chinese football domestically and globally.

I'm sorry to say but someone who was paid well into the millions in his career and is bankrupt only has themselves to blame.

Article posted today:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article3704753.ece

He's no Bale, like.

Berbs for me, like.

Would love to still have him tbh. Berba, VDV and Modric in the same team last year would have been lush to watch, even without the bonuses of Bale and Lennon. Might even have usurped Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles, Hazard and Chiedozie as the most stylish Spurs team in my lifetime.

fa vase semi final draw

Guernsey or Walsall Wood v SPENNYMOOR TOWN

Tunbridge Wells v SHILDON or Ascot

Games to be played Saturday 23rd March (1st leg) and Saturday 30th March (2nd leg).

He's no Bale, like.

Berbs for me, like.

Would love to still have him tbh. Berba, VDV and Modric in the same team last year would have been lush to watch, even without the bonuses of Bale and Lennon. Might even have usurped Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles, Hazard and Chiedozie as the most stylish Spurs team in my lifetime.

The 86-87 Tottenham side is by far and away the best and most stylish I've seen. Pleat was a very under rated manager, his foresight , I believe he was the first,to play 4-5-1 produced some great football to watch. Hoddle, Waddle and Clive Allen in full flow were nigh on impossible to stop.

He's no Bale, like.

Berbs for me, like.

The 86-87 Tottenham side is by far and away the best and most stylish I've seen. Pleat was a very under rated manager, his foresight , I believe he was the first,to play 4-5-1 produced some great football to watch. Hoddle, Waddle and Clive Allen in full flow were nigh on impossible to stop.

I've said it many times - that year Allen scored 49, Lineker would have scored 80. We made so many chances. The biggest frustration was Richard Gough not settling, as he is still one of the top three centre-backs I can remember seeing.

Anyway, I need to sign off. Just read through RAWK's match thread for our game yesterday, and I feel a little queasy.

He's no Bale, like.

Berbs for me, like.

I've said it many times - that year Allen scored 49, Lineker would have scored 80. We made so many chances. The biggest frustration was Richard Gough not settling, as he is still one of the top three centre-backs I can remember seeing.

Anyway, I need to sign off. Just read through RAWK's match thread for our game yesterday, and I feel a little queasy.

what year was it you cheated us at WHL in the FA cup? and was it 1-1 in the league the same season?

Ah, good old KPMG...

That was the year we lost to Coventry - '87. Wasn't that one of the games you talk about the crush at - your potential Hillsborough? Every club has their stories from those days, man, it seemed rough at the time but completely insane looking back. QPR was one of ours I remember.

Had to look up the league results tbh, I completely blanked on ours. Yeah, 1-1. I remember the year before rather better, not surprisingly :lol:. God, we played a lot of games that year, felt like we played Arsenal every week at one point.

That was the year we lost to Coventry - '87. Wasn't that one of the games you talk about the crush at - your potential Hillsborough? Every club has their stories from those days, man, it seemed rough at the time but completely insane looking back. QPR was one of ours I remember.

Had to look up the league results tbh, I completely blanked on ours. Yeah, 1-1. I remember the year before rather better, not surprisingly :lol:. God, we played a lot of games that year, felt like we played Arsenal every week at one point.

aye that was the crush- was at WHL for both them games that season.