Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

http://ongoalsscored.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/the-lion-the-bird-and-the-seahorse/

Interesting article there about the crests of the PL clubs.

In other stuff, anyone see Paul Rachubka's 'goalkeeping' in the game between Leeds and Blackpool where Blackpool won 5-0? Possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I've ever seen

there was a game earlier in the season that would rival it. struggling to remember, was on tv, keeper kept spilling it...il try and remember

But followers of the perennially mediocre team are simply enjoying the ride. "How good are we? I really don't know yet," said Pardew. "But the evidence is we have evolved. Our players may not have the greatest reputations, but …the gap between us and the top sides is closing."-

:aww: :aww: :aww:

Would love to know the reason behind seahorses. Also, the red and blue flag? Could be obvious reasons behind it but genuinely have no idea about either. Love our badge, like.

Nice little piece that, too. :thup:

Would love to know the reason behind seahorses. Also, the red and blue flag? Could be obvious reasons behind it but genuinely have no idea about either. Love our badge, like.

Agreed. At least it evokes a little bit of history and nostalgia - for the antithesis: see Stoke. Fucking awful badge.

Guest iheartthetoons

http://ongoalsscored.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/the-lion-the-bird-and-the-seahorse/

In other stuff, anyone see Paul Rachubka's 'goalkeeping' in the game between Leeds and Blackpool where Blackpool won 5-0? Possibly the worst goalkeeping performance I've ever seen

there was a game earlier in the season that would rival it. struggling to remember, was on tv, keeper kept spilling it...il try and remember

chelsea v bolton?

chelsea v bolton?

:thup:

Put that on another forum, mostly to wind up the horrifically gloryhunting Canadian Barca fan there (although I don't know how much of a fan you can call him, he wanted Man U to beat them in the Champions League final because he preferred them at that point)

His response

Bullshit.Busquets dives alot but i forgive him because he is the 4th best CDM on the planet after Toure, Essien and Tiote.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/History/ClubCrest

NEWCASTLE United's badge is modelled on the City coat-of-arms. The two sea-horses represents Tyneside's strong connection with the sea, while the castle links with the city's Norman keep.

The flag is similar to the City crest, a version of the cross of St. George and the shield signifies the club's black'n'white striped shirt.

The present crest of Newcastle United was first used for season 1988-89 after the club had occasionally used the City of Newcastle upon Tyne coat-of-arms during their history, specifically for FA Cup finals.

During the mid 1970s decade and following 1980s era, the Magpies used two different badges of a modern design on their famous shirt, then produced a new crest.

http://www.footybadges.co.uk/Newcastle_United_football_badges

Put that on another forum, mostly to wind up the horrifically gloryhunting Canadian Barca fan there (although I don't know how much of a fan you can call him, he wanted Man U to beat them in the Champions League final because he preferred them at that point)

His response

Bullshit.Busquets dives alot but i forgive him because he is the 4th best CDM on the planet after Toure, Essien and Tiote.

Busquets is a great player, people let his gamesmanship (that he has cut a lot so far this season) influence his opinion on him.

I love winding up Barça plastics myself. The other day I met a guy from China who said that loved us and me and a friend were taking the p*ss making up names of Barça players and having him agree on how great they were.

Superb win for us!

NUFC 22–1 Man Utd

Mcfaul - Ferguson

Suggett

Smith

Ardiles

Keegan 2

McDermott

Dalglish

Gullit

Clarke

Robson