Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Just had a funny looking email supposedly from NUFC asking me to update my preferences on their site because they have been "amending thier platforms". This seems to have been sent to members / season ticket holders and quotes me by name but looks decidedly dodgy - anyone else had this?

Just got a message saying 'Please ignore previous message' :lol: This club man.

I got two emails about each one :lol:

Carlos Tevez has today apologised to all concerned for his recent conduct.

The striker returned to the football club last Tuesday, following a three month absence from duties, without permission.

Carlos said, “I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club.”

Carlos has also withdrawn his appeal against the Club’s finding of gross misconduct which was due to be heard by a Premier League panel in the coming days.

He has since begun a training program designed to return him to optimum fitness.

Fucking yawn.

Would be a disgrace if he ever played for City again IMO.

I'd like to see him fuck off and never come back.

:thup:

With Towelie as well, one of the things that has endeared me to Mancini has been his defiance in this matter. Even with the apology, it's taken so long to come about, I'd lose respect for him if he lets him back in the team.

I would feel that way if he played for Newcastle. I don't care if a player at another club is lacking loyalty/respect to that club, couldn't give a s***. I'd just like to see the best players as much as I can.

Regardless of what else they are, or stand for? I don't.

It's not simply that he's lacking loyalty or respect to that club, it's what his behavior says about football as a whole. I don't want it legitimized at all.

Guest Heneage

It's not the fault of the pig, but of the one who scratches his back.

An Argentine proverb that seems to fit this situation quite while.

Never been all that keen on him as a player anyway btw. Obviously he's top draw and is magic at times but he's just not my cup of tea, don't like the bull in a China shop mentality even if it's admirable. Always annoys me how much he underperforms for Argentina too but remains the people's choice for selection.

I would feel that way if he played for Newcastle. I don't care if a player at another club is lacking loyalty/respect to that club, couldn't give a s***. I'd just like to see the best players as much as I can.

Regardless of what else they are, or stand for? I don't.

It's not simply that he's lacking loyalty or respect to that club, it's what his behavior says about football as a whole. I don't want it legitimized at all.

I have no clue, nor do I care what Tevez stands for, he's a footballer and that's about all I care about. Very few have any relevance to me outside of what they do on the pitch.

If City want to let him come back, that's up to them, just glad I can watch him again.

0.27 miles PR Leeds Tykes

0.27 miles SL Leeds Rhinos

0.31 miles D1 Yorkshire CCC

2.71 miles CH Leeds United AFC

7.11 miles L2 Bradford City Football Club

7.88 miles SL Bradford Bulls BD6 1BS

11.03 miles SL Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

11.68 miles SL Castleford Tigers

13.38 miles SL Huddersfield Giants

13.51 miles L1 Huddersfield Town AFC

:icon_puke_r:

Student territory.

Many bants per square mile.

Lord of the Bants

:lol: Not really this side, thankfully. Just loads of egg chasing Yorkshire cunts blocking my driveway

Coming up for the sunderland game with my papa in a couple weekends time. Quiet-ish nice pubs in the centre of town that serve decent food on saturday evening? Can anyone help?

The Union Rooms (Wetherspoons) is handy for the train station...

Coming up for the sunderland game with my papa in a couple weekends time. Quiet-ish nice pubs in the centre of town that serve decent food on saturday evening? Can anyone help?

The Union Rooms (Wetherspoons) is handy for the train station...

Is it likely to be quietish the night of a derby though, or full of roaring drunk maniacs?

Love eating and drinking in the Town Wall at the moment, just opposite central up Pink Lane.