Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Coming up for the sunderland game with my papa in a couple weekends time. Quiet-ish nice pubs in the centre of town that serve decent food on saturday evening? Can anyone help?

The Union Rooms (Wetherspoons) is handy for the train station...

Is it likely to be quietish the night of a derby though, or full of roaring drunk maniacs?

Love eating and drinking in the Town Wall at the moment, just opposite central up Pink Lane. 

Had the fish finger sarnies? Insane.

Coming up for the sunderland game with my papa in a couple weekends time. Quiet-ish nice pubs in the centre of town that serve decent food on saturday evening? Can anyone help?

Is it likely to be quietish the night of a derby though, or full of roaring drunk maniacs?

Love eating and drinking in the Town Wall at the moment, just opposite central up Pink Lane.

Whats the town wall like and where is it? And again, what sort of atmosphere will it be on the eve of the derby?

Cheers

Whats the town wall like and where is it? And again, what sort of atmosphere will it be on the eve of the derby?

Cheers

Should be more laid back than places like the gate or Weatherspoons.  More expensive mind.  Their website has a map etc.  Always got a canny selection of beers on.

http://www.thetownwall.com/

Food's only served till 7pm on Saturday though.

Cheers

Should be more laid back than places like the gate or Weatherspoons.  More expensive mind.  Their website has a map etc.  Always got a canny selection of beers on.

The Town Wall is nice but I wouldn't be put off by comments reference The Union Rooms as its so big and food is on the top floor which is out the way of any hustle and bustle...

Cheers

I'd agree with the Town Wall, or The Forth which is opposite.

Cheers

What time does it serve food till on saturdays? (the forth)

Cheers

Monday to Saturday: Noon - 10pm / Sunday: Noon - 9.30pm

Cheers

Laaavely. Cheers mate. :thup:

Cheers

beware though, you have to put up with some awfully poncey farts in the forth. town wall, better food, better beer, better crowd.

Cheers

Just a small point... Don't forget the match is on Sunday lunchtime... So places like The Forth & The Town Wall will be busy on a Saturday night mainly with "drinkers" rather than "diners" as I'd class them both as primarly bars not pubs and especially being the first weekend after pay day... As much as I like both it wouldn't be my choice to eat that evening. Better off going to Grey/Dean Street for a quieter meal or like i said before upstairs in Wetherspoons (The Union Rooms)...

Cheers

Just a small point... Don't forget the match is on Sunday lunchtime... So places like The Forth & The Town Wall will be busy on a Saturday night mainly with "drinkers" rather than "diners" as I'd class them both as primarly bars not pubs and especially being the first weekend after pay day... As much as I like both it wouldn't be my choice to eat that evening. Better off going to Grey/Dean Street for a quieter meal or like i said before upstairs in Wetherspoons (The Union Rooms)...

Nice one, any recomendations on Grey/Dean street? Thanks for all the replies fellas.

Cheers

Nice one, any recomendations on Grey/Dean street? Thanks for all the replies fellas.

There's loads... Spanish/Italians/Indian/Chinese/English...Depends on what you fancy... If you want to eat in a bar rather than a restaurant then maybe Barluga... The grub looked lovely and you can eat upstairs or amongst the crowd...

http://www.barluga.co.uk/