Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I don't really have any good memories of any WC. :lol: All I can remember from 98 is the Argie match, 02 & 06 were both disappointing due to the high hopes I foolishly had for England and South Africa was just shite from top to bottom. :lol:

Italia 90 was be far my favourite tournament. Probably down to age as much as anything...but it will remain strongly in my memory until my last day on earth.

I wasn't even born, but from what i hear everybody just says it was the best ever. Really seemed to unite the country

The Italia 90 mascot was awesome! Iconic as fuck. Probably the one mascot you see and you instantly get what tournament it was from. Anyone remember the mini Coca-Cola footballs everyone pretty much in the country had? :lol:

:snod:

Guest BooBoo

Loved them mini footballs. If you collected 50 ring pulls, you could send away for a gold coloured one. One kid in my school had one and was revered briefly as a God.

Loved that summer, playing football on the field with those "soccaballs" as I believe they were called. Italia 90 wasn't that good a tournament overall (few goals and the best footballing sides were ousted by cheats and dullards) but England's great side that summer had everyone behind them. Such a contrast to today!

In fact there was a lot of off the field stuff that made Italia 90 great: Nessun Dorma, New Order, those England shell suits, Bobby dancing, soccaballs, Panini stickers, Ciao.

I think a few years later for the Olympics, Coke did a similar offer but with yo yos. Again, if you didnt have one, you were a nobody.

Loved them mini footballs. If you collected 50 ring pulls, you could send away for a gold coloured one. One kid in my school had one and was revered briefly as a God.

Loved that summer, playing football on the field with those "soccaballs" as I believe they were called. Italia 90 wasn't that good a tournament overall (few goals and the best footballing sides were ousted by cheats and dullards) but England's great side that summer had everyone behind them. Such a contrast to today!

In fact there was a lot of off the field stuff that made Italia 90 great: Nessun Dorma, New Order, those England shell suits, Bobby dancing, soccaballs, Panini stickers, Ciao.

I think a few years later for the Olympics, Coke did a similar offer but with yo yos. Again, if you didnt have one, you were a nobody.

Total contrast  :lol: England are made up of cheats and dullards and never oust the better footballing sides.

Italia 90 was be far my favourite tournament. Probably down to age as much as anything...but it will remain strongly in my memory until my last day on earth.

This.  Was thinking the other day how the only years I was really enthusiastic about England was from Italia 90 to probably Euro 2000.  After Shearer retired, I never really felt the same enthusiasm.

Remember watching the Italia 90 video endlessly when I was young and trying to recreate Platt's volley against Belgium in the garden...

Guest BooBoo

Was bored last night and found myself browsing through posts from the 2006/2007 season under Roeder. Fuck me, what a shocking time that was to be an NUFC fan.

Guest BooBoo

Was bored last night and found myself browsing through posts from the 2006/2007 season under Roeder. f*** me, what a shocking time that was to be an NUFC fan.

It only got worse till the Championship season tbf :lol:

True, but that Roeder season was so bland. In entertainment stakes it was one of the dullest seasons ever. At least the relegation year had talking points, the Roeder year just bred wide spread apathy.

Was bored last night and found myself browsing through posts from the 2006/2007 season under Roeder. Fuck me, what a shocking time that was to be an NUFC fan.

I don't remember a lot from that period. Totally forgettable.

Guest BooBoo

I don't remember a lot from that period. Totally forgettable.

There was the exciting win at Spurs, decent win over Liverpool and home draw against Man Utd but the majority of the rest was hideous. We were quite lucky we didn't go down, winning only a single game in the last three months and forgetting how to score. Judging by the posts, nearly to a man, we were very pissed off come the end of the season.

Huntington at Alkmaar. *shudder*