Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

people going on about Burundi day, are you aware we did it last season for France/Argentina/Senegal etc?

Would have thought so. I believe the degree of recognition to our dinner ladies new tradition was even enough to coin the popular ditty, 'Feed them goat and they will score! They will score!' at one point.

people going on about Burundi day, are you aware we did it last season for France/Argentina/Senegal etc?

What a bunch of horrible cunts. How dare they.

I think its especially nice personally because he isn't one of our superstar players like a Demba, a Yohan/Hatem or a Jonas/Colo.

It'd be like us holding a France day just for Gabriel Obertan. :sad:

Just thought that given his personal story, it is a really terrific gesture and it would really make him feel appreciated and welcome as a young kid stepping out into a different City a fair bit from Home in Coventry.

Plus it's a nice gesture to his family as well.

He's our only Burundi born player so it's a special thing imo

Thought is was a positive  :(

Just thought that given his personal story, it is a really terrific gesture and it would really make him feel appreciated and welcome as a young kid stepping out into a different City a fair bit from Home in Coventry.

Plus it's a nice gesture to his family as well.

He's our only Burundi born player so it's a special thing imo

Thought is was a positive  :(

it is a positive (I'm not quite sure where I said, or implied, it wasn't?) and I'm glad to see its a continuing theme.  Hopefully they'll have a Dutch day soon for Anita and Krul.

Just the way some were going on made them seem unaware we'd done it before.

The Burundi Day lunch nearly had be blubbing ffs, such a class thing to do for a young guy.

Careful sunshine, that regional title is already taken....until Biggie kicks off a few wing mirrors and we celebrate by trashing a metro and smearing our own waste on the walls, I dont think we can even pretend to have 'class'.

Seriously though, I agree about the whole vibe around the club, even daft things like the painballing and whitewater kayak days do nothing but improve team spirit. I'd love to know which genius is behind it because they deserve as much recognition as anyone at the club right now.

I know some saw it as cheesy, but I was always impressed when the Arsenal fans did a "Bergkamp day" for a match. A Coloccini day would definitely liven up a potentially boring game.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/turn-highbury-orange-for-dennis-bergkand-day-

That would be class. 50 thousand people all in curly haired wigs. :lol:

Aye :lol: Waving thousands of Argentina flags too.

It's a shame them programmes have to have such wacky individuals on, cos it'd be good TV otherwise - i like countdowns n shit, even if i disagree with the majority. Jamie from Made In Chelsea ffs. :anguish: