Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/udinese-cheered-serie-match-precisely-one-fan-152055117.html

Udinese cheered on in Serie A game by precisely one fan

When Udinese headed to Genoa for their Serie A match against Sampdoria on Monday night, they probably didn't expect much travelling support to come with them. After all, it's a brutal five-hour drive across northern Italy in freezing conditions - and in any case the match was on telly.

They might have expected a bit more than what they got, however: just one fan turned out to cheer on his men.

The fan seemed quite happy to have an entire stand of the Luigi Ferrari stadium to himself, grinning for cameras, chatting to the two stewards who were assigned to stop him invading the pitch, and waving happily to the home fans.

And the local fans took him to their hearts in inspiring fashion, cheering him on as he stood in the cold, and even presenting him a shirt signed by Sampdoria skipper Daniele Gastaldello as a souvenir.

It hasn't emerged whether he was a former Udine resident now living in Genoa, or whether he had indeed traversed the country to cheer his men on. Either way, he ended up glad that he made the effort: Udinese ran out 2-0 winners to climb to eighth in the table.

bless :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/udinese-cheered-serie-match-precisely-one-fan-152055117.html

Udinese cheered on in Serie A game by precisely one fan

When Udinese headed to Genoa for their Serie A match against Sampdoria on Monday night, they probably didn't expect much travelling support to come with them. After all, it's a brutal five-hour drive across northern Italy in freezing conditions - and in any case the match was on telly.

They might have expected a bit more than what they got, however: just one fan turned out to cheer on his men.

The fan seemed quite happy to have an entire stand of the Luigi Ferrari stadium to himself, grinning for cameras, chatting to the two stewards who were assigned to stop him invading the pitch, and waving happily to the home fans.

And the local fans took him to their hearts in inspiring fashion, cheering him on as he stood in the cold, and even presenting him a shirt signed by Sampdoria skipper Daniele Gastaldello as a souvenir.

It hasn't emerged whether he was a former Udine resident now living in Genoa, or whether he had indeed traversed the country to cheer his men on. Either way, he ended up glad that he made the effort: Udinese ran out 2-0 winners to climb to eighth in the table.

bless :lol:

Hilarious if he had managed to storm the field :lol:

Italian football, man :lol:

You must have missed Napoli taking 15k to Bologna last season :thup:

I doubt it was that many... Their crowd was only up 6k on its average for that game...

Might have been the season before, I think many didn't get tickets for the match. Was reported as 10-15k made the journey to the city

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-12-11/hillsborough-families-slam-terracing-proposal/

How dare this Margaret Aspinall guilt football fans who want to bring safe standing in. Aside from being just stupid ("96 reasons safe standing should not be brought in" - go on, name them - "there is nothing safe about standing" ...really?) her suggestion that the many football fans, including myself, who want to emulate the successful safe standing of the Bundesliga is somehow an affront to the campaign to hold people to account for the Hillsbrough tragedy is disgraceful - "I feel insulted that while people are trying to fight for justice for Hillsborough, that this campaign is growing now."

Shame on Margaret Aspinall for abusing the deaths of 96 football fans.

EDIT:

Just saw the other thread. Delete my post if a mod desires.

His head's never been 'right'. My lasting memory of that lad will be his pretending to be injured after that WBA goal in Hughton's last game.

Shame, really, because there are plenty of good memories of his wand-like right foot.

Italian football, man :lol:

You must have missed Napoli taking 15k to Bologna last season :thup:

I doubt it was that many... Their crowd was only up 6k on its average for that game...

Might have been the season before, I think many didn't get tickets for the match. Was reported as 10-15k made the journey to the city

Well that's not quite the same

Tickets for the pre-season match between Man United and the A-League Allstars in Australia went on sale this morning at 9am. 15,000 tickets sold out within 2 minutes.

Tickets on Ebay already with prices of $2000 for two tickets.