Newcastle United 0 - 0 Bristol City - 03/10/09 - post match reaction from page 9

Nate

Sad thing is, we've been crying out for a creative midfielder since before Emre left. Why it has never been addressed is beyond me.

We were crying out for a creative midfielder when Emre was here.  He was involved in more racism scandals than goals.  :lol:

I'll bite. Barton?  :crazy2:

Can't say they haven't tried

Guest neesy111

guessing, that the obvious penalty when looked at an tv, is even more obvious?

as a person myself looking to be a referee, i feel that these referee's in these division's are not picked on merit, but out of a lucky dip.  these referee's must have really shit jobs if can't have an leadership or balls on football pitch.

referee's piss me off so much

did anyone else notice, how on every freekick, the players we're no where near 10 yards clear, more like 7 or 8? if a referee can't enforce that, he should be sacked on the spot imo

Zurab looks like he has no faith in Harper he refuses to pass it to him in tight situations.

I was pleasantly surprised how well Harewood & Lovenkrands linked up early on but then it seemed to go a bit downhill.

Alan Smith going forward was nice to see.

Kevin Nolan whole game plan is about annoying, cant jump so hangs around the goalkeeper at corners, gives teammates & the ref constant grief. He needs to score every-game because when he doesn't he look truly fucking awful.

Anyone have any travelling difficulties today, btw? Our train up to Newcastle got delayed due to a 'collision' at Darlington and was sat waiting for 35 minutes. I had to briskly jog my arse off to get up to the stadium without missing too much.

just getting parked, fking mare, gimp made me run, i was f***ed after few hundred yds,was done in by L7. not looking good for any footy.

Shoulda parked in Grainger Town multi-storey. Shit loads of spaces at the top.

Traffic into the centre was fucking menal as well, thankfully we heard it on the radio beforehand and avoided it. Bloke texted in Real radio and said he was next to the civic centre and moved about 100 yards in 20 minutes.

Guest toonlass

Anyone have any travelling difficulties today, btw? Our train up to Newcastle got delayed due to a 'collision' at Darlington and was sat waiting for 35 minutes. I had to briskly jog my arse off to get up to the stadium without missing too much.

just getting parked, fking mare, gimp made me run, i was f***ed after few hundred yds,was done in by L7. not looking good for any footy.

Shoulda parked in Grainger Town multi-storey. Shit loads of spaces at the top.

Traffic into the centre was fucking menal as well, thankfully we heard it on the radio beforehand and avoided it. Bloke texted in Real radio and said he was next to the civic centre and moved about 100 yards in 20 minutes.

The Haymarket was stowed off yesterday. Couldn't get moved, the city centre really should be closed off to cars, get more park and ride schemes going.

Zurab looks like he has no faith in Harper he refuses to pass it to him in tight situations.

I was pleasantly surprised how well Harewood & Lovenkrands linked up early on but then it seemed to go a bit downhill.

Kevin Nolan whole game plan is about annoying, cant jump so hangs around the goalkeeper at corners, gives teammates & the ref constant grief. He needs to score every-game because when he doesn't he look truly fucking awful.

Noticed that at the start of the second half. :thup:

I think the swap with Nolan for about 20 minutes came about because the game was passing Nolan by completely mind (as usual in a 4-4-2)

Alan Smith hasn't recently discovered some form, he's just someone who basically resembles a footballer. Nolan on the other hand looks like he should be sat in a pub somewhere with a pint and a bag of nuts.

Alan Smith hasn't recently discovered some form, he's just someone who basically resembles a footballer. Nolan on the other hand looks like he should be sat in a pub somewhere with a pint and a bag of nuts.

Looks like? That's probably where you'd find him every day after training.

A bit late for my post match comment but feel I have to congratulate Marlon Harewood on doing a very passable impression of a man wearing a deep sea diving suit on the pitch.

The bloke was in the big Bristol centre halfs pocket and barely won a header or got there first to a through ball or pass all game.

Very dissapointing but not altogether surprising after what my Villa supporting friends had told me to expect.

A bit late for my post match comment but feel I have to congratulate Marlon Harewood on doing a very passable impression of a man wearing a deep sea diving suit on the pitch.

The bloke was in the big Bristol centre halfs pocket and barely won a header or got there first to a through ball or pass all game.

Very dissapointing but not altogether surprising after what my Villa supporting friends had told me to expect.

He had a decent game, he's not even match fit.  He could have had a couple.  He'll come good imo.

[/quote

He had a decent game, he's not even match fit.  He could have had a couple.  He'll come good imo.

Dont agree with your first point but I hope you are right about the the second and last points, I have my doubts.

He wasn't world class but be fair to the lad, he hardly kicked a ball for a couple of years,  he's quick, strong, has an eye for goal, is experienced and thats exactly what we need. He hit the post twice I think, which is unlucky and he should have had a pen had they gone in you wouldn't  be having a pop at him.

f*** me that penalty was bloody obvious.

Aye I've just watched it on the Beeb website, somehow looks even more of a stonewaller than it did at the time. f***ing moron.

I was on the other side of the stadium and didn't really see it but looking at it there, the ball didn't even move; he just fucking clattered into Harewood. Stonewaller if ever I've seen one.

And how on earth did we not score from that scramble. Nolan hitting the post twice from a yard out :lol: