Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Fan led protests won’t do anything unless you do one of 2 things.

get on the pitch en masse during a PL game and keep doing it or

stop fucking going en mass (I chose this) 

everything else no one will give a flying fuck about , it’s not rocket science.

Guest reefatoon

Those replies are a disgrace like. I’m 100% against these having any kind of place on the board or say in the club. 

The trust in principle is a good thing and it should be transparent and democratic. Alex is an intelligent and articulate guy and represents sentiment of fans well in wider media more broadly.

Where I depart is this the pledge as the only light and the way idea and the likes of Alex are too close to it. They are also compromised by the success of their fanzine/podcast profile . It’s the most slick and best out there for analysis but ultimately what is there to analyse? It’s the same every week and every season. There’s an irony in terms of introspection because as soon as boycott is mentioned it is a challenge or affront to those who attend and the likes of Alex profile relies on this attendance. I’ve a lot of respect for what they’ve achieved with their profile and the pledge - though if this fundamentalism continues I’ll be packing it in. There’s enough shit about this club to jack it in entirely. Fifth columnism and peoples front of judea tit for tat is almost the nail in the coffin.

18 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

The trust in principle is a good thing and it should be transparent and democratic. Alex is an intelligent and articulate guy and represents sentiment of fans well in wider media more broadly.

Where I depart is this the pledge as the only light and the way idea and the likes of Alex are too close to it. They are also compromised by the success of their fanzine/podcast profile . It’s the most slick and best out there for analysis but ultimately what is there to analyse? It’s the same every week and every season. There’s an irony in terms of introspection because as soon as boycott is mentioned it is a challenge or affront to those who attend and the likes of Alex profile relies on this attendance. I’ve a lot of respect for what they’ve achieved with their profile and the pledge - though if this fundamentalism continues I’ll be packing it in. There’s enough shit about this club to jack it in entirely. Fifth columnism and peoples front of judea tit for tat is almost the nail in the coffin.

Did he not resign from the board though? Seems to unfairly have more say than the likes of @Heronwhose ideas amd opinions were systematically and deliberately shut down yesterday. 

Guest reefatoon

That's why it will never work. There was, is and always will be ego's applying their influence and personal opinion. Alex doesn't like the thought of protesting, so he makes sure that point is put out. That right there is influencing. Seems an awful lot of the fan base are looking for some kind of action even a statement about what is going on, but you get ridiculous stroppy replies like "we can't sack Bruce". Nobody thinks they can, but why can't they come out and state that he is completely out of his depth. they have the power to put pressure on. But the "we" turns to "i" because someone of influence doesn't think it will work and then states they can't sack the manager. This kind of thing will always happen and it will happen if any owner was thick enough to give them 1% of the club. They have already proved they don't listen to public opinion, hastily throwing out a huffy three question survey because of all the shit they are getting is too little too late.  That reply to Holly about her "not being a member, and her opinion is irrelevant" is a fucking disgrace. So Newcastle fans can only be accounted for if they are giving the Trust money? Fuck off. That's why I am actively against the farce that is the pledge. It would be carnage within days.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, HTT II said:

I now hope they go bust, that response to that lass is akin to Ashley giving the fans the two fingers that time!

Honestly mate, anyone giving them money need to have a serious look at it. Skip the middle man and just give it to charity.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

not being a member, and her opinion is irrelevant" is a fucking disgrace. So Newcastle fans can only be accounted for if they are giving the Trust money?

That’s not really what he was saying tho. He’s saying unless she’s a member of the trust she can have no say in what the trust does or doesn’t do. Explains it better here 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, gdm said:

That’s not really what he was saying tho. He’s saying unless she’s a member of the trust she can have no say in what the trust does or doesn’t do. Explains it better here 

But like someone else said further down. That survey wouldn't have even been put out if it wasn't for people on social media.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Wilson said:

Aye, fuck them like, back pedal as much as he wants that response is a fuckin disgrace. 

Exactly. He knew exactly what he was saying to her. 

NUST can't be an aggressive protest group. It's not within their remit. They are a members driven trust, with a democratically elected board, who have to abide by certain rules to continue being part of the FSA and to be seen as a legitimate entity  when talking to the FA, the Government, the PL etc. They are there to represent the views of their members in the best way they can. If people want an aggressive protest group, unbeholden to rules and decorum, then start a bloody protest group. No one every claimed NUST was that, ever. If you want a group that's going to blockade buses, invade the pitch, throw tennis balls, picket the PL office, bombard media outlets etc, then start or join a group that can be that. I honestly despair at the shit people get for giving up their free time.  They were elected. They are not paid. They are doing what they can out of love for the club. And they get pelters for it. And by the way, other voices on Social media do have a business interest in their "fan advocacy", they literally are making money out of it - but the same brigade calling NUST no good, worship the ground that these "true fans" walk on. Give your head a wobble if you fall into that category.

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, Jamie87 said:

NUST can't be an aggressive protest group. It's not within their remit. They are a members driven trust, with a democratically elected board, who have to abide by certain rules to continue being part of the FSA and to be seen as a legitimate entity  when talking to the FA, the Government, the PL etc. They are there to represent the views of their members in the best way they can. If people want an aggressive protest group, unbeholden to rules and decorum, then start a bloody protest group. No one every claimed NUST was that, ever. If you want a group that's going to blockade buses, invade the pitch, throw tennis balls, picket the PL office, bombard media outlets etc, then start or join a group that can be that. I honestly despair at the shit people get for giving up their free time.  They were elected. They are not paid. They are doing what they can out of love for the club. And they get pelters for it. And by the way, other voices on Social media do have a business interest in their "fan advocacy", they literally are making money out of it - but the same brigade calling NUST no good, worship the ground that these "true fans" walk on. Give your head a wobble if you fall into that category.

Way over the top here like. Nobody is asking for "aggressive protest group" FFS. But if they can't even mention the current plight the club is in, the desperate state we are in under our useless manager and that change is needed,  then what's the point? There has to be some middle ground man, they can't just sit on their hands, flogging jigsaws and hoping if they stay nice, Mike might let them sit at the table. On another point, when people did try to protest, it was clearly derided by certain people of "standing".  Glad you are getting something out of handing your money over though. :thup:

Edited by reefatoon

Nobody is asking them to be an aggressive protest group.

West Ham’s supporters group are driven by the same memberships/rules but they manage to stand up for themselves and carry out a peaceful demonstration.

NUST have excuses not to do anything, unless it’s Alex’s idea. As I said previously, Alex is very much still running the show with his puppet Greg putting as much red tape around everything as possible.

The soap opera last night was pathetic. As others have said, they’re now trying to backtrack after seeing the outrage that followed.

NUST will never work while Alex is involved, nor will it work under Greg’s leadership.

Guest neesy111
10 hours ago, alijmitchell said:

What a fucking load of shit. While I’m supportive of the pledge idea, I’m stopping. I’d been quite excited by the whole thing but the trust can fuck off after these past few days. Fucking arseholes.

Same, I cancelled my Direct Debit last week.

Guest neesy111

Aye, no one is talking about being aggressive.  Just showing to the rest of the footballing world that we want Ashley out still would be a start.

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Honestly mate, anyone giving them money need to have a serious look at it. Skip the middle man and just give it to charity.

I wish I’d have done that now on reflection!

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Way over the top here like. Nobody is asking for "aggressive protest group" FFS. But if they can't even mention the current plight the club is in, the desperate state the useless manager we have in place has us. There has to be some middle ground man, they can't just sit on their hands, flogging jigsaws and hoping if they stay nice, Mike might let them sit at the table. On another point, when people did try to protest, it was clearly derided by certain people of "standing".  Glad you are getting something out of handing your money over though. :thup:

I've handed over £1. The membership has a cost (an extremely low one) as to avoid being spammed by ilegitimate members (i.e. mackems just signing up to mess with polls and surveys). I know we're in a shit time as a country financially, and I don't want to downplay that £1 might be a lot of money to some folk, but it is just £1, a year. So I think I have got something out of my £1. Even if I hadn't, its a democratic system, where the trust are beholden to their membership. If they bow to outside pressure, what exactly is the point in having members? Members clearly do influence decision making in NUST and that is only right. 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Aye, no one is talking about being aggressive.  Just showing to the rest of the footballing world that we want Ashley out still would be a start.

I think even the most passively interested football fan knows that we want Ashley out. The trust have repeatedly reported the dissatisfaction of its members with the running of the club. They write letters (some you might not see) on a regular basis. They petition the appropriate authorities (i.e. the Review of Football Governance).

They are polling their membership for sentiment around Bruce at the moment, and I don't doubt that that will feed into some sort of communication with the club. They have to respect the will of the membership. They can't just shoot from the hip.