Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Even if they feel they can’t go at Ashley, surely a poll of their members gauging opinion on Bruce (when I’m guessing would heavily weigh against him) followed by a letter to the club saying they feel a change is necessary is within their remit? Even if they personally don’t think it’d be effective I think they need to start showing more otherwise they’re going to lose even more goodwill.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even if they feel they can’t go at Ashley, surely a poll of their members gauging opinion on Bruce (when I’m guessing would heavily weigh against him) followed by a letter to the club saying they feel a change is necessary is within their remit? Even if they personally don’t think it’d be effective I think they need to start showing more otherwise they’re going to lose even more goodwill.

This is exactly what I suggested. [sigh] 

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That seems to be what they are now suggesting after a bit of social media backlash. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Just there responses on Twitter to fans asking for some action, they have e seemingly since tweeted more to stop the negative reaction.

Aye just seen it, the Trust is just a fans liaison service, not a protest group, not a rock the boat group, just a collection of fans that have no power or the will to gain it, its a bit pathetic really. 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye just seen it, the Trust is just a fans liaison service, not a protest group, not a rock the boat group, just a collection of fans that have no power or the will to gain it, its a bit pathetic really. 

They have sent out a survey now.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

They have sent out a survey now.

Which they will email across to someone in the admin team at NUFC and the Chronicle for a short article, and do fuck all else with.

Exactly the same as their survey last year, where members told them they wanted Ashley out.

“What can we do?” Greg and Alex say, as they sit back watching the club burn to the ground from their ST seats.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Didn’t realise Alex is actively telling people to not boycott the Spurs game too. Fucking hell, what a complete and utter helmet.

Aye, he's played it straight from the Michael Martin manual it'd seem...

I don't get why influential people in the fanbase (on twitter) do this tbh. Just let people crack on. They're doing it for good reason, and Alex is essentially stopping it in its tracks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's divisive doing that when you have influence. 

Edited by Heron

5 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

They are actually directly briefing against what @Heronis trying to pull together. A genuine attempt to stop it happening. 

Madness.

And people think Alex and Greg have the supporters’ interests at heart. Only interested in their own STs and positions. 

Why is it anyone with any kind of standing within the fan base is always trying to scupper action for change? We've seen Wraith do it, Martin do it, Alex and NUST.

Change won't happen if every time something is suggested people throw their hands up and say it'll never work, well it won't if you don't try it!! Every time they do this is just gives those on the fence the ammo they need for confirmation bias.

We're literally the worst set of fans for unity, or lack there of, it's infuriating.

19 minutes ago, Heron said:

Aye, he's played it straight from the Michael Martin manual it'd seem...

I don't get why influential people in the fanbase (on twitter) do this tbh. Just let people crack on. They're doing it for good reason, and Alex is essentially stopping it in its tracks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's divisive doing that when you have influence. 

Fair play to you pal but I’ve a feeling you’re going to be about as popular with the trust as  I am on here.

As an outsider looking in it appears the True Faith clique run the show lock stock and barrel.

The way the trust behave you would think they we’re a political party, the difference being not even a political party consult their members on every decision.

The board have been elected to make decisions, they’ll be re elected on the basis of those decisions, not the ability to have a survey every month.

Edited by Whitley mag