Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Douglas licking their arse saying if you don't like it you can join and change it. 

Mate, one of our own got elected to the board and still couldn't get them to do anything. What the hell are we supposed to do if that doesn't even help? 

38 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Very much agree with this - I'm not entirely certain that NUST is fit for purpose, but it seems odd to be complaining that they're not doing something that they're weren't set up to do.  Maybe they need to morph into a protest group, but that's not what they are.  Personally can't get my head round a load of non-members complaining about the actions of a member organisation - especially given that a lot of the same non-members have spent a long time disparaging NUST on twitter.

This is the new NUST that was formed after the old NUST was deemed not fit for purpose :lol:

Massive failure to realise that those interested in militant action are in the minority, albeit a noisy one. Most who would be interested in such things have already sacked it off long ago. So even if the Trust weren't a serious organisation, not sure what benefit there would be in openly supporting a boycott destined to fail.

They haven't changed their modus operandi, so unsure why there's the sudden outrage over it. Have to agree with those saying if you want a protest group, start one up. Personally don't think any of the protests over the last decade have made an iota of difference, and I took part in a couple. 

Just for the record don’t tell me to sympathize with people who “take time out of their own lives” or “volunteer for the trust” to justify what they do or don’t do. These are adults who make these decisions and it doesn’t give them any bit of pass or break. You know what you signed up for, and whatever good or bad you’ve done until the last few days - the tweet to that individual yesterday has undone much of whatever can be deemed as positive. Again, for the millionth of time - in 1 tweet you’ve literally shown yourself as close to how the club treat us. Mistake or not. 

14 hours ago, Heron said:

Cheers mate. Could have contributed more but next time I'll contribute my way I think. Appreciate the votes and support folk. 

If all our fans were as principled and passionate as you Chris we would have been rid of Ashley years ago, of that I am absolutely certain.

1 minute ago, Foluwashola said:

Massive failure to realise that those interested in militant action are in the minority, albeit a noisy one. Most who would be interested in such things have already sacked it off long ago. So even if the Trust weren't a serious organisation, not sure what benefit there would be in openly supporting a boycott destined to fail.

They haven't changed their modus operandi, so unsure why there's the sudden outrage over it. Have to agree with those saying if you want a protest group, start one up. Personally don't think any of the protests over the last decade have made an iota of difference, and I took part in a couple. 

I'm not deliberately trying to go after you (I realise that I've snipped at a couple of your posts recently) but I just find that such a mad and frankly depressing take. The meaningful protests have always provoked a reaction of some form. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just for the record don’t tell me to sympathize with people who “take time out of their own lives” or “volunteer for the trust” to justify what they do or don’t do. These are adults who make these decisions and it doesn’t give them any bit of pass or break. You know what you signed up for, and whatever good or bad you’ve done until the last few days - the tweet to that individual yesterday has undone much of whatever can be deemed as positive. Again, for the millionth of time - in 1 tweet you’ve literally shown yourself as close to how the club treat us. Mistake or not. 

The disdain for that lass on Twitter could have been Ashley, Pardew, Bruce or Charnley, criminal for a so-called fans trust to say such a thing. Absolute disgrace. Next they will be saying foreign fans shouldn’t have a say because, well they aren’t Geordies…. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not deliberately trying to go after you (I realise that I've snipped at a couple of your posts recently) but I just find that such a mad and frankly depressing take. The meaningful protests have always provoked a reaction of some form. 

Don't worry about it. Such as?

Just now, Foluwashola said:

Don't worry about it. Such as?

Well the most obvious one is him giving away 10,000 season tickets when people fucked the whole shebang off when Rafa left. I wouldn't attribute those people's actions to one protest movement, but the principle of leaving could easily be defined as 'protest' imo. At the very least can be included in the broader discussion here, I.e. fan actions provoking Ashley reactions. 

The boycott Spurs movement from 2015 prompted the 'my door' shite and McClaren's hilarious budget. 

The other big one is SackPardew. That movement made him saying yes to Palace the easiest decision in the world. Totally believe he'd have stuck it out for longer if there wasn't so much noise from the fans. 

That's just off the top of my head, there's probably other moments. They're not always significant reactions but it definitely happens. 

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Nee idea what's going on but Alex Hurst has always been a reprehensible little Tory wanker who loves the smell of his own shite.

Very much seems to be the case judging by the stuff he likes on Twitter and the way he's gone on in the last 24 hours.

His sneering, sanctimonious and generally arsehole attitude has very Tory boy flavour to it. 

Well said @Yorkie- Mike Ashley has literally one of the thinnest skins going. How else do have the fans garnered a reaction out of him previously? Certainly not from sitting on their hands, flogging jigsaws or worrying about sanitary wear in the loo's.

Bruce is also mega thin-skinned, so he's ripe for targetting.

So, for all these people that think it won't work, it will but you've got to be prepared to do something else on a Saturday afternoon for a few months.

Not hard, is it?

Guest neesy111

Everything is just a shit show, where ever you look at this club on and off the field.  Twitter, NUST etc.    This takeover has to happen.

5 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Very much seems to be the case judging by the stuff he likes on Twitter and the way he's gone on in the last 24 hours.

His sneering, sanctimonious and generally arsehole attitude has very Tory boy flavour to it. 

He's on record but hid a lot of it after he became TF editor.

https://www.ft.com/content/cca67e3a-619a-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

Did make me laugh how Michael Martin used to bang on about how proud he was of the left wing politics of True Faith, then handed it over to a guy who used to be part of the David Cameron appreciation society or some fucking thing on Facebook.

8 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I don´t think I would call a boycott "militant action" like [emoji38]

Really? I'd say it's about as militant as you can get if 40000 folks would down tools until it was sold.

Just a shame it's a pipedream with folks like Hurst influencing the fanbase and yet funding Ashley's regime at the same time.

Boycotts don't work for NUFC as have been shown time and again. 

Probably the most effective protest would be to target a televised game and block team coaches etc getting to the stadium. You wouldn't need to convince 50k people to attend (or not attend) and if successful would naturally grow. 

29 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well the most obvious one is him giving away 10,000 season tickets when people fucked the whole shebang off when Rafa left. I wouldn't attribute those people's actions to one protest movement, but the principle of leaving could easily be defined as 'protest' imo. At the very least can be included in the broader discussion here, I.e. fan actions provoking Ashley reactions. 

The boycott Spurs movement from 2015 prompted the 'my door' shite and McClaren's hilarious budget. 

The other big one is SackPardew. That movement made him saying yes to Palace the easiest decision in the world. Totally believe he'd have stuck it out for longer if there wasn't so much noise from the fans. 

That's just off the top of my head, there's probably other moments. They're not always significant reactions but it definitely happens. 

Very difficult to categorically state whether any of those are a direct result of organised protests or just a natural result of us being shit at football, my gut feeling is the latter. From a purely personal POV, I sacked off my season ticket after Rafa, not as a result of any Twitter page but simply because for me it was no longer worth my time/money. Also tend to think Pardew would have got plenty of grief without any organisation, as we're starting to see Bruce get now. 

Genuinely wish our protests were effective, but a combination of an owner who doesn't give a shit and a fanbase not overly interested in radical action (as with most PL fanbases), doesn't lend itself too it. Fair play to those who still give it a go like.

We have an ownership structure that has absolutely no desire to engage with the fanbase. In fact, it's been proven they'd rather distort the truth or simply bunker down, rather than open lines of communication. The only time the PR machine ever really gets into swing is when there are signs of unrest.

I have no idea what has been going on at the Trust, but with the above in mind, Charnley must be laughing his balls off. The fan base is fractured between the contented, the discontented who feel powerless and the discontented who take action, but are shot down by the latter. No one has ever really tried to unite it.

Fan groups trying to constructively engage the club are pissing into the wind. Nothing about their past behaviour had suggested a desire to change.

Keith Bishop was brought in as a response to fan action, to wrestle back the PR war. The club only ever takes action when there are fires to put out, on or off the pitch. Protesting and unrest have almost always drawn a reaction from the club, ruling it out all together is foolish at best.

At present you have a disengaged, apathetic fan base. The prominent voices are either looking out for their own interests or wasting their time writing letters to the club. Not attempting to galvanise the fanbase and openly laughing at protestors or those who try to take action has only caused the divide to grow.  Its an absolute fucking mess and Charnley/Ashley are the only beneficiaries.

Edited by The Prophet

34 minutes ago, Wullie said:

He's on record but hid a lot of it after he became TF editor.

https://www.ft.com/content/cca67e3a-619a-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

Did make me laugh how Michael Martin used to bang on about how proud he was of the left wing politics of True Faith, then handed it over to a guy who used to be part of the David Cameron appreciation society or some fucking thing on Facebook.

For real ? Kin hell ! Hes backing the criminals that gave us food banks ? He ought to be shot with shit

What they don’t get is that their democratic system mostly locks in votes from people that think in a like-minded way about the club. There weren’t very many candidates on the list who were even slightly arsed about raising a voice of dissent, so guess what, we get an NUST board full of bootlickers. The fact that they are saying if you want to protest, be a member, join the board is disingenuous. Loads did vote for pro-protest candidates and those people have been totally shot down / not heard. The trust will never even begin to be a representative body for the fans, because you have to buy into an organisation that won’t speak out. Most people won’t bother voting for that very reason.