Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I signed up when Greg joined I think, have no qualms about Greg's priorities as we know from here he wants Ashley gone as much as the rest of us. When you have the chairman,or whatever he is, being smug and passive aggressive about protests like in the tweet to Heron, that's a cancel from me. 

FWIW I think any boycott has to be planned months in advance to get any sort of traction. Spurs I think is too close and has the potential to fall on its arse again unfortunately.

What's @Greg take on all this? Seems a shame that the majority on here had good feelings towards nust but seems that tide has turned massively. It's a long way back from this. Probably starting with removing the guy having a go at the lass who actually did something for us.

30 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

I signed up when Greg joined I think, have no qualms about Greg's priorities as we know from here he wants Ashley gone as much as the rest of us. When you have the chairman,or whatever he is, being smug and passive aggressive about protests like in the tweet to Heron, that's a cancel from me. 

FWIW I think any boycott has to be planned months in advance to get any sort of traction. Spurs I think is too close and has the potential to fall on its arse again unfortunately.

Former Chair, current board member, FWIW.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

What's @Greg take on all this? Seems a shame that the majority on here had good feelings towards nust but seems that tide has turned massively. It's a long way back from this. Probably starting with removing the guy having a go at the lass who actually did something for us.

In fairness to NUST, whoever made the smarmy comment towards that Holly was doing so from the True Faith account, so it wasn't necessarily an NUST member.

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

In fairness to NUST, whoever made the smarmy comment towards that Holly was doing so from the True Faith account, so it wasn't necessarily an NUST member.

Guilt by association. TF have fucked NUST with those comments. Someone has to apologise. Nust should be asking that or removing themselves from their current relationship with TF. 

They won't do either unfortunately and will slowly die. 

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) seeks to benefit our football club and its supporters by channelling the passion of its loyal supporters into a forward-thinking non-profit organisation that is a legally constituted, democratic, not-for-profit Supporters Trust.

The Trust will act responsibly as a guardian of the future of Newcastle United. If the Trust believes that the Club is being run incompetently and not in the interests of the supporters the Trust will not be afraid to criticise. The Trust however, will not exist just to be critical; the Trust will also be about helping the club, tapping into the skills and expertise of its members and offering solutions.

The Trust is ran by its members. Every member is eligible to stand for election and to vote for candidates for the NUST board which will be accountable to all NUST members. The Trust is legally registered and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Any money raised or shares bought will belong to all members equally. The trust produces independently audited annual accounts and provides regular updates to members through meetings, newsletters, emails and website.

I wish acknowledge that from my view from a distance the Trust has made an effort to improve the match day experience and done outstanding work in the community.  However, I think the Trust would have been better served being more critical where the club has fallen short.

If the club's record regarding communication has been poor (and it has), the Trust should have been more vocal, more often.  That fact does not need to even be opinionated.  Conversations with other trusts can be used to highlight the clubs woeful performance.  If other clubs meet regularly with their Trusts put that info out there highlighting the Club's negligence.  There are ways to criticize with out being overtly critical...state facts [emoji38]

The Trust should consider hosting a public forum for its membership to express their thoughts and ideas. 

If there are protest groups that form the Trust can acknowledge those groups individually (within reason) without publicly endorsing those groups.

The trust can't criticize a duplicitous owner but can publicly attack Holly?  Who knows, she may have been a member at some point (like me).  IMO, a board member should have reached out to her privately.  There is no reason she could not be in the loop as opposed to being shunned.  Her efforts can be acknowledged without her being a representative of the Trust, per se.  You want people like that as a member.  People who will do grass roots work.

I don't know all the politics involved but when a duly elected board member steps down, it's a bad look.  

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Guilt by association. TF have fucked NUST with those comments. Someone has to apologise. Nust should be asking that or removing themselves from their current relationship with TF. 

They won't do either unfortunately and will slowly die. 

It’s that relationship between the two that has forced me to sack them off, you can have both, but not tied together like this. Conflict of interests which ironically the club has been bashed with so much over the years and indeed now the PL and Masters and mostly by the Trust. Like I said, they are just like the club, an empty void entity that represents no-one and nothing, but themselves. Greg excluded and others who I know who may not be on the board but do work for them. If renaming SJP SD Arena was an own goal, the Trust have just scored a few themselves lately. Again, just like the club… I’m done with them and all of it really.

If the takeover happens, I’m back in, if not, crash and burn and go bust and I include the Trust in that. Look at other trusts, other fan groups, look at WHU, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool, heck even Chelsea fans and look at what the fans and trust of Gateshead FC have done for their club/s. Where is our Trust? Trying to flog fucking jigsaws and calling out non paying members as having no real right to voice any criticism. Yet the same tossers like that Alex prick slag the club left right and centre and yet still put money into SD United FC, you couldn’t make it up. Complete and utter joke the whole lot of them [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Wullie said:

He's on record but hid a lot of it after he became TF editor.

https://www.ft.com/content/cca67e3a-619a-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

Did make me laugh how Michael Martin used to bang on about how proud he was of the left wing politics of True Faith, then handed it over to a guy who used to be part of the David Cameron appreciation society or some fucking thing on Facebook.

What's that story about? Just takes me to a paywall.

Think Martin seemed to be shifting his politics a bit too like before he quit twitter.

For a start some of that lot need to take a twitter break. 

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Think Martin seemed to be shifting his politics a bit too like before he quit twitter.

They need to do what they want Ashley to do, and get the fuck out of our club, it’s all about money, ego, profit, likes, clicks, shares and raising their own profile for themselves. NUFC is a vehicle of commerce and popularity standing for them, not a football club they truly support. Self serving parasites no different to Ashley. Ashley isn’t the root of the problem at NUFC, it’s cunts like them and a fanbase that would rather give Ashley money and see the club die on its arse so they can podcast. Again they are no better/worse! They have divided the fanbase just as much and always will. At least Ashley is fucking honest about it all [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

I realise its been put right but for the record

Boycott post Rafa - 10k season tickets given away

Walk out v Wolves threatened - Ashley on TV saying the club is as close to being sold as it ever has been

Boycott v Spurs in 2016 - "cart and horse" to be bolted together

post Keegan fan unrest - club goes up for sale (pretendy sale but still a reaction)

United Supporters for Change boycott 1989-1991 - helped get Hall and co on the board, enter Keegan and exponential growth

even the gates dropping in the early 80s probably brought about Keegan.

Doing nothing 100% feeds nothing changing. There's no excuses. If that's what people want to do at least be honest about it.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest HTT II

Protesting has never ever never done anything to change the world though let’s not forget, said Martin Luther King…or @STEVENUFC4EVER on Twitter!

Edited by HTT II

Its probably the main reason why things change for the better throughout history.

Always wondered why people do it if its so futile, its almsot like there's countless instances of it working or something

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest HTT II

Man Utd fans protesting basically stopped them being bought out by Sky early 1990s, that’s before the boom of the internet/social media etc. NUFC fans, whey yer knaa, if a durnt gan to tha game, the wife will drag iz along to the Metty won’t she, so, whey yer knaa…

33 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Man Utd fans protesting basically stopped them being bought out by Sky early 1990s, that’s before the boom of the internet/social media etc. NUFC fans, whey yer knaa, if a durnt gan to tha game, the wife will drag iz along to the Metty won’t she, so, whey yer knaa…

no need to even look at other fan groups. We’ve had successful protests ourself pre sir John hall but you already know this.

52 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

He features in the piece as a Tory-supporting managing director of a small business:

A Conservative supporter even before December’s election landslide, he wants the government to bring in measures including business rates exemption to boost activity in struggling town centres like Blyth.

5 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Douglas licking their arse saying if you don't like it you can join and change it. 

Mate, one of our own got elected to the board and still couldn't get them to do anything. What the hell are we supposed to do if that doesn't even help? 

Absolute bollocks. It’s a closed shop. Mark Douglas can get to fuck. I’ve tried consistently to ‘change things’. Paid my quid, shut my mouth and offered multiple suggestions and options. Didn’t even get a response.

They put forward the ones they want to the vote and then it basically becomes a popularity contest.

The fact that Alex was tweeting shite from the TF account in relation to the Trust tells you everything you need to know. They are one and the same for him.

Alex runs the Trust, regardless of what it says about the Chair. I’ve said it consistently, the Trust has no future until he’s fucked off.

Many of Heron’s ideas (as a member of the fucking Board), got shot down because Alex doesn’t want to lose his day out. For the Trust to be productive, it needs people involved who don’t care about their social standing. 

They’ll never achieve anything apart from tossing one another off after rubbing shoulders with whichever minion Charnley sends out to them.

4 hours ago, Wullie said:

He's on record but hid a lot of it after he became TF editor.

https://www.ft.com/content/cca67e3a-619a-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

Did make me laugh how Michael Martin used to bang on about how proud he was of the left wing politics of True Faith, then handed it over to a guy who used to be part of the David Cameron appreciation society or some fucking thing on Facebook.

"A Conservative supporter even before December’s election landslide" made me feel sick in the mouth. I thought he was actually alright as he's quite articulate in the wider media when it comes to how shit Bruce is. But how can someone from fucking Blyth or a town like Blyth support the party which has deliberately acted to their detriment for decades? Ugh.

Here he is going round in circles with his little mate Norman . Never questions should he be going to games ? What can he do to facilitate protests or owt else . Nah just lounge about in yer comfy hotel room talking bollocks about what Steve Bruce should do . What a monumental arsehole ( and fat tory git )