Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Cancelled my membership a while ago but still receive their "member" emails and have received the survey email.   Can't believe the uselessness of the questions.

They'll just send an email/letter and get a Chronicle article with a headline of "99% of fans want steve bruce gone" and that will be their job done.   What more can they do? :uglystupid2:   Trust get a wee bit of publicity but haven't really ruffled any feathers so keep their contacts/relationships in place.

Anyway..... how they need a fucking survey for that, c'mon Trust?!  FFS!!

OUR SURVEY SAYS… :jones:

In light of many members and fans getting in touch with me regarding the current state of affairs at Newcastle United Supporters Trust, I am keen to get the views of as many members as possible as to their thoughts on the current situation in relation to the Trust and their prospects of achieving anything. 

I am aware of a lot of anger on social media, but before contacting the Trust, I am keen to collate the views of as many members as possible. 

There are only three questions and it should take you less than 30 seconds to complete the survey. 

👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M8VTC7Y

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

@Heron thank you for all you have done and contributed on behalf of us normal fans mate :smitten:

Cheers mate. Could have contributed more but next time I'll contribute my way I think. Appreciate the votes and support folk. 

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Why does our fanbase let ego’s get in the way all the time. Having the biggest trust in the country is pointless if you don’t do any thing with it.

That’s what it is, egos.

There are about 15 different “groups” associated with NUFC. All of them see it as some sort of cock measuring contest and only pull together when someone decides to write an open letter to Mike Ashley for the 47589th time, and they all put their names to it as if they’re so fucking important.

When one of the “groups” organises something and it fails, the others will mock them and act smug about it. Meanwhile, Ashley continues to fuck over the club and Bruce continues to stink the league out. 

The Trust actually have some sway, they have had some exposure in the media and a boat load of members. They could easily organise something worthwhile and people would listen. Instead, it’s jigsaws and offering health and safety advice. Meanwhile, their figureheads continue to line Ashley’s pockets.

As I said earlier, we are the biggest soft touch in the league. Too many sad fuckers wanting their 5 minutes in the limelight to do anything worthwhile. 

I personally can see what Alex is saying but he's worded it in a way that makes him look like a bell end. I know he's not quite popular on here already (I'm a bit meh *shrug*) but he actually has the pull as a leading Trust member and probably the biggest NUFC related fan group in True Faith to get something together, or to endorse something. No idea what that would entail.

But as @Danh1 says above, we do have far too many egos. Far too many Mick Martins, Wraiths, TF members, Trust members, podcast runners, YouTubers that will all clash when something tries to be organised. Look at the takeover, look at August 2018-January 2019, look at the Arsenal game 2019, look at now. It's an absolute mess.

On top of all of that is general apathy. People can't be arsed with anything anymore, circa 10,000 walked away yet we will consistently see 42,000+ at games. People, myself included tbh, can't be arsed with protesting given the reception, attitude and general uptake of past protests have been, along with their results. 

Those banners that were outside SJP after abject defeats last season from November to March, get them inside the ground in front of cameras at games if people insist on continuing to go. Get them outside the training ground. Fucking remove lard arse from the dugout and apathy could well dissipate, I know mine will, where then we can turn towards the biggest problem at the club in Ashley.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Every time I've heard Heron speak about action, protests and the state of the club he's been spot on imo. If he's jacked in his position on the board, it tells you all you need to know about NUST.

That Alex Hurst is the absolute antithesis of what we need right now. He's absolutely useless. 

Fanbase is a cucked to bits at the moment like. Spirits have been well and truly broke.

The only movements I think have anything relatively productive are Sack Pardew and The Magpie Group (I think it was them that organises the 11th minute boycott and the SD protests).

Just now, Sima said:

Mad how they’ve got £161K sitting in an account.  What the fuck are they doing with it?  Just letting it sit there until they get to a magical figure?

Also have £20k+ in membership fees in their own account, just sitting there doing nothing.