Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

They’re utterly rudderless now.  ‘We shouldn’t decide who the manager is’’.  Why ask for money for part-ownership then?

Would you be surprised if they didn’t want to do this so that our relegation chances increase, lowering the valuation of the club, so they get closer to their dream of getting on the board?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would you be surprised if they didn’t want to do this so that our relegation chances increase, lowering the valuation of the club, so they get closer to their dream of getting on the board?

I doubt they have that level of foresight. We’d have to be playing Jarrow Roofing for them to get anywhere near a decent level of ownership.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Jesus. :lol:

offickingcourse they have a fucking role the loones. You’re the biggest representative body we have a fanbase. At the very least you need to show your displeasure. Fucking hell, just do something.

Taken from their about us page: "If the Trust believes that the Club is being run incompetently and not in the interests of the supporters the Trust will not be afraid to criticise."

https://nufctrust.co.uk/about-us/

Is it in the best interests of supporters for the club, and the trust, to do nothing? 

The survey they've sent out, I'm not expecting lots, just them saying "90% of NUST members in October 2021 wanted Bruce to resign" and telling the club that. But at least it's something

Also, if you don't pay £1 a year you have no say how the trust should be run - "I'm not any longer as I didn't feel as though the trust represented me." she said this in reply. I know what Holly especially has done with the London protests and her shows with Wraith. She's done a lot for someone her age and being told her thoughts are irrelevant's fairly jarring 

Edited by nbthree3

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Also, if you don't pay £1 a year you have no say how the trust should be run - "I'm not any longer as I didn't feel as though the trust represented me." she said this in reply. I know what Holly especially has done with the London protests and her shows with Wraith. She's done a lot for someone her age and being told her thoughts are irrelevant's fairly jarring 

Disgusting.

Holly if you are reading this… I’ll let you have a say: 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M8VTC7Y

I won’t charge you a quid either.

The trust isn’t fit for purpose. Sounds similar to the owner, the manager, the coaching staff and the league’s governing body. 

but hey, we should be so thankful that the trust writes scathing letters, the owner is pretending to be a good guy and fighting the league, the manager is a local lad and doing his utmost best, the coaching staff are trying hard each day, and the league’s board are simply protecting us 

Silly old Newcastle fans should continue to just accept being ambition lacking lemmings. 

fuck right off. 

Edited by Kanji

It's an impossible objective to try and play the normal role of a supporters' trust with the current club. It's pointless, so they need to disband (or at least go to a skeleton minimalist structure) for a while if that's what they want to do. 

If they want to continue raising money and do what's best for fans, they need to mobilise against Mike Ashley. 

52 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

the response to Holly is fucking shameful and that tweet needs deleting and she needs to be apologized to. You can’t run a forward facing organization and say that type of shit. 

54 minutes ago, Sima said:

Think I’ll look into reclaiming the money I’ve put in so far over the next few days. I don’t think I’ll be the only one.

CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?

We cannot return any money pledged to the Trust through the 1892 Pledge Scheme. All donations made are final and cannot be returned for any reason.

Horrific night for the Trust. I think they need to have a massive rethink about who they are, what they stand for and who they represent because there's clearly a huge disconnect between the members and the people who run it. Public reaction tonight suggests the aims of the Trust are a million miles away from the feelings of the fans they claim to represent. Shit or bust time, the elephant in the room is the £200k sitting in an account sourced by the members who seemingly no longer feel the Trust's aims and intentions are aligned with their own. What a fucking mess. 

29 minutes ago, midds said:

Horrific night for the Trust. I think they need to have a massive rethink about who they are, what they stand for and who they represent because there's clearly a huge disconnect between the members and the people who run it. Public reaction tonight suggests the aims of the Trust are a million miles away from the feelings of the fans they claim to represent. Shit or bust time, the elephant in the room is the £200k sitting in an account sourced by the members who seemingly no longer feel the Trust's aims and intentions are aligned with their own. What a fucking mess. 

It's probably been answered but what happens to the circa £37k also sitting in their account through membership fees? Does it just sit there? Have they spent it?

The arrogance of them assuming people are expecting the trust to force a sacking of Bruce. No, we just want you to deliver a message that the fanbase has genuine concerns about the running of the club, management included. 

They're just middlemen and unfortunately the key players are shit ones.

Edited by Hhtoon