Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, SteV said:

IMG_9967.thumb.jpeg.76b331678435037f5d2c052bd3100363.jpeg

They should investigate then and publish the findings it would help build / restore confidence in the Trust. As I have heard similar to what @Wallsendmags said. Similar conversations cropped up in Milan about how she'd got tickets - it is possible it's due to True Faith or Journalist connections rather than from the club directly- but it doesn't sit right (if true) when ticketing remains such an issue among the fanbase atm.

19 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

They should investigate then and publish the findings it would help build / restore confidence in the Trust. As I have heard similar to what @Wallsendmags said. Similar conversations cropped up in Milan about how she'd got tickets - it is possible it's due to True Faith or Journalist connections rather than from the club directly- but it doesn't sit right (if true) when ticketing remains such an issue among the fanbase atm.

Investigate what though? If she’s getting tickets through legitimate means there’s nothing to investigate. They can’t just be wasting resource trying to satisfy the whims of the Twitter lynch mob, half of whom would refuse to believe them anyway.

Edited by SteV

I share some of the concerns about how come everyone in TF has enough loyalty points to attend every home and away game, but I would be very uncomfortable with asking one individual to explain themselves publicly, especially the one female involved in anything to do with football podcasting around the club. Feels very weird to focus on her. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I share some of the concerns about how come everyone in TF has enough loyalty points to attend every home and away game, but I would be very uncomfortable with asking one individual to explain themselves publicly, especially the one female involved in anything to do with football podcasting around the club. Feels very weird to focus on her. 

I mean I get what you’re saying, but I think people are focusing on her not because she’s a lass, but isn’t it because she herself has alluded to not having the loyalty points or something in the past, or that her previous match going attendance doesn’t make sense as to how she’s getting the tickets? 

It’s also symptomatic of the wider fuck up to do with ticketing. People probably wouldn’t be arsed as much if there was a functioning, fair and transparent ticketing system for fans across home and away games. What we have now is a total fucking shambles and that’s why people are irate. It’s on the club not her.

1 hour ago, AJ9 said:

I mean I get what you’re saying, but I think people are focusing on her not because she’s a lass, but isn’t it because she herself has alluded to not having the loyalty points or something in the past, or that her previous match going attendance doesn’t make sense as to how she’s getting the tickets? 

It’s also symptomatic of the wider fuck up to do with ticketing. People probably wouldn’t be arsed as much if there was a functioning, fair and transparent ticketing system for fans across home and away games. What we have now is a total fucking shambles and that’s why people are irate. It’s on the club not her.

100% agree and unfortunately some people who are perceived as "newer" supporters have raised their heads above the parapet. It's unfortunate that someone has posted a picture on twitter that has then got the vultures circling. Ultimately regardless of how any individual YouTuber / Podcaster  etc. gets their tickets people want some transparency. I'm not impacted personally but I know others with decent points (30-40 - for context you'd have had to do 50% of all aways for 4-5 years and had a season ticket to accumulate these compliantly) who will feel aggrieved as what they see as injustice / queue jumping so I try and be objective as possible whilst realising some of the changes we're seeing are an unfortunate by product of "success". 

3 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

100% agree and unfortunately some people who are perceived as "newer" supporters have raised their heads above the parapet. It's unfortunate that someone has posted a picture on twitter that has then got the vultures circling. Ultimately regardless of how any individual YouTuber / Podcaster  etc. gets their tickets people want some transparency. I'm not impacted personally but I know others with decent points (30-40 - for context you'd have had to do 50% of all aways for 4-5 years and had a season ticket to accumulate these compliantly) who will feel aggrieved as what they see as injustice / queue jumping so I try and be objective as possible whilst realising some of the changes we're seeing are an unfortunate by product of "success". 

Ironically though the enforcement of the T&Cs this season should see all your friends getting away tickets this season when previously they wouldn’t have due to the T&Cs not being enforced. Even then they aren’t massively. They are probably targeting those they are slightly suspicious of misusing.

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Ironically though the enforcement of the T&Cs this season should see all your friends getting away tickets this season when previously they wouldn’t have due to the T&Cs not being enforced. Even then they aren’t massively. They are probably targeting those they are slightly suspicious of misusing.

Lots of these people would just wouldn't have got the loyalty point...So yes I see your point.

The Trust reneged on a promise to fight for the return of Loyalty points to those who jacked in STs under Ashley (including some of the people I mention in the post you replied to) - this allied with perhaps an unfair perception that some people are only interested now the football is better rankles a lot of people I know. 

No system will ever meet the current demand - but some better comms from the club, increased transparency and engagement will go a long way.

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

Lots of these people would just wouldn't have got the loyalty point...So yes I see your point.

The Trust reneged on a promise to fight for the return of Loyalty points to those who jacked in STs under Ashley (including some of the people I mention in the post you replied to) - this allied with perhaps an unfair perception that some people are only interested now the football is better rankles a lot of people I know. 

No system will ever meet the current demand - but some better comms from the club, increased transparency and engagement will go a long way.

Had this discussion before (not saying with yourself). The NUST asked if the club would they reinstate the loyalty points and were told bluntly no.

Hopefully now the club has hired people for these roles and they’ve had a few months to get their feet under the table we will start seeing improved engagement in preparation for 24/25 season.

3 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

That’s not really true btw - club said no chance and fewer than 15 people signed up when Trust asked for people to come forward. 

I was one of them, had approx 150 loyalty points. I now have 2.

Edited by Greg

9 minutes ago, Greg said:

That’s not really true btw - club said no chance and fewer than 15 people signed up when Trust asked for people to come forward. 

I was one of them, had approx 150 loyalty points. I now have 2.

But you got your season ticket back? Bit of luck that. 

On 11/11/2023 at 22:09, Wandy said:

Absolutely no mention that people hate the ballot and want it binned off. Great stuff.

Is this unanimous, like? 

I'll change my opinion to this as long as ticket sales go out at 5am on a weekday, or 7am on a weekend since that suits me. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is this unanimous, like? 

I'll change my opinion to this as long as ticket sales go out at 5am on a weekday, or 7am on a weekend since that suits me. 

I’d say you’re in the overwhelming minority Nut.

20 hours ago, OCK said:

I remember when @Greg was just our small ginger Neville Southall, with grand ambitions to build wind farms everywhere. Now he's like Godfather of NUST. 

I actually do build offshore wind farms now.

• 2 weeks later...