Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Hopefully this is part of a coordinated plan and that the consortium come out backing it. Adds more weight to the takeover if they can say it’s fan backed (96% or whatever it is) plus they are giving part ownership back to the fans.

Otherwise I just think it’ll become distracting/confusing noise

Just now, geordie_b said:

Hopefully this is part of a coordinated plan and that the consortium come out backing it. Adds more weight to the takeover if they can say it’s fan backed (96% or whatever it is) plus they are giving part ownership back to the fans.

Otherwise I just think it’ll become distracting/confusing noise

I suspect it's fully backed by the consortium. :thup:

I think it's a great idea personally. Supporters in this country have been scandalously ignored by clubs since money took over the game, would be nice to think that the potential new owners are on board with this as well.

It might be a romantic vision etc. and will undoubtedly be criticised by the hard of thinking among our support, but when did wanting things to be better become a crime in this country? ( see also politics).

I'm in.

Edited by UncleBingo

I want Ashley gone.

• I have boycotted the club - not buying a shirt, not attending games, not going to Sports Direct, not paying a fee to watch our games. I support the idea of further boycotting of the club, more people boycotting. I believe this will cause more pressure.
  • I also support the idea of fan ownership. Having an NUST presence on the board, even if they don't have a meaningful vote, would mean at least a presence in the decision-making room. I think that's worth a £50 gamble. If it doesn't happen, I've given money to charity. No big loss.

I can't see why anyone would have a problem with this. And I can't see why these two approaches are at odds with each other.

It's a great idea and I do wish it would succeed but I just think it's an overstretch and they would have been better off uniting the fans before they launched something like this. 

This thread alone is proof for why this may not take off. 

The only point to any of this is that it raises the profile of NUST . 1% or even 5% ownership of NUFC means eff all - any owner could just bypass them . The raised profile however will boost the egos of Hurst etc and thats about all it will do . As regards £ going to charity if all else fails - you could just donate to charity anyway - cut out the middleman ( NUST ) and its ridiculous castle made of sand

Hope we can raise a decent amount, as a fan base.

Love the idea that we would be ready to step in if the club was to plummet down and the leagues and face financial ruin. Sadly, I don’t think it is unrealistic at all that this could happen in the near future.

Sooner we’re rid of Ashley the better, 14 years we’ve been waiting and feels like we’re not even at the end of his era yet. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, InspectorCoarse said:

The only point to any of this is that it raises the profile of NUST . 1% or even 5% ownership of NUFC means eff all - any owner could just bypass them . The raised profile however will boost the egos of Hurst etc and thats about all it will do . As regards £ going to charity if all else fails - you could just donate to charity anyway - cut out the middleman ( NUST ) and its ridiculous castle made of sand

This is wrong.

4 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Let's say we raise 500.000. Is the idea to just let it rest in a bank account and wait or invest it somehow while waiting? Let's say the opportunity comes 10 years later... 

This is all the stuff I'm interested in, I'd like to know more detail around how much they want to raise, and long term plan for the money to make the most of it whilst also protecting it.

Can someone do a poll on this? I'd be interested in something like;

- Love this idea - will donate

- Like it - can't donate

- Like it - won't donate

- Neither for/against

- Don't like and won't donate

Or similar from someone with the time to think it through.

Its a good idea. Its ambitious and a long shot but there is room for part fan ownership in football, without doubt. 

A quick glance at twitter and its a "waste of time", "impossible", "pissing your hard earned away". No doubt the same cunts that refuse to back any boycott or protest and happily donate a more substantial amount to Mike Ashley every other week. And there in lies the problem. 

Good on the NUST for giving it a go imo. 

Having an NUST presence on the board, even when we get our great new (Staveley/PIF/Reubens) owners, is a great idea.

It takes the club to an even 'higher level' than it even will be after the Takeover. I wouldn't hitherto have thought that possible!!

After the Takeover we will not "need" fan involvement in the club, on the board, but (if this works) we WILL have it, and it will just feel great.

It is a superb idea and plan, and I'm sure our new owners would like to come out right now to say they support this, but things are (as we all know) at a 'legally delicate' stage at the moment . . .

The news just keeps on getting better, hopefully there will not be too much of a negative response to this from some quarters?

Edited by manorpark

9 minutes ago, Si said:

This is all the stuff I'm interested in, I'd like to know more detail around how much they want to raise, and long term plan for the money to make the most of it whilst also protecting it.

I think it would've been nice to have a deadline for it, say 5 or 10 years. But I get that it's very difficult to say.

Or a regular review to vote on whether to keep or donate every 2 years (or something).

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it would've been nice to have a deadline for it, say 5 or 10 years. But I get that it's very difficult to say.

Or a regular review to vote on whether to keep or donate every 2 years (or something).

It's says in the FAQ if it doesn't grow by 10% in a 12 month period they will decide if to continue or not I think. But more details on the ambition or potential goals needed to be hit would be interesting to hear.

49 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Everything has failed? We haven't done anything. We've renewed our season tickets and sat in idle silence for 15 years while Mike takes the piss.

The alternative is to boycott the club. It's really really easy.

Yep plus this way we get to keep our own £££ for ourselves . Its always been the cheapest way to affect change

This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is

Edited by arnonel