Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

And Ashley's still here, he should have just gone to games instead. 

because enough people didnt join in or do their bit.

its easy criticising others.

cant leave it to a dozen or so to do it all.

Edited by huss9

2 hours ago, Heron said:

I mean, it's more than that, but aye, trying to buy a share in the club on behalf of the fans via legitimate and legal means is hardly owt to be ashamed of. In my opinion, of course. 

it’s the best thing we as a fanbase have done imo. Keep it going.

They sent me an email earlier (not sure why as I cancel my membership 2 years ago) regarding safe standing at SJP and that they'd already contacted the club;

"NUST have already contacted the club to find out if they are willing to apply to be an ‘early adopter’ before the October 6th deadline, and hope they will meet with supporters as soon as possible to discuss this idea with those it will impact". 

Just read in the Chronicle that NUFC have refused to take part in safe standing trials so can only assume they didn't get very far with that one!

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

They sent me an email earlier (not sure why as I cancel my membership 2 years ago) regarding safe standing at SJP and that they'd already contacted the club;

"NUST have already contacted the club to find out if they are willing to apply to be an ‘early adopter’ before the October 6th deadline, and hope they will meet with supporters as soon as possible to discuss this idea with those it will impact". 

Just read in the Chronicle that NUFC have refused to take part in safe standing trials so can only assume they didn't get very far with that one!

it would cost money, why would Ashley spend money?

28 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Are you not automatically a "life member" now? 

Has Mike Ashley pulled off another masterstroke here, he doesn't have a fans liason department at NUFC so he uses the NUST to do the job for him and far from costing him a penny the fans actually PAY to do the job for him.

Edited by Ben

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

They’re doing a grand job though.

Between this and the fact the TV companies are keeping our interests at heart.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’re doing a grand job though.

Between this and the fact the TV companies are keeping our interests at heart.

Saves Ashley time and money doing it 

On 19/09/2021 at 20:42, Fantail Breeze said:

Such as? What have the Trust achieved/what else are they currently doing?

The Trust have been engaging with Teacey Crouch and others such ad the FSA with regards to the fan-lad review of football and improving the game as a whole.

They've also been assisting fans to resolve ticketing and travel issues on a regular basis, amongst other things.

What would you like to see them do in addition? 

26 minutes ago, Heron said:

The Trust have been engaging with Teacey Crouch and others such ad the FSA with regards to the fan-lad review of football and improving the game as a whole.

They've also been assisting fans to resolve ticketing and travel issues on a regular basis, amongst other things.

What would you like to see them do in addition? 

So in the last three years all they’ve achieved/are doing is engaging in a process that is open to all supporter groups as standard and spoke to the Box Office on behalf of fans? 

I think the following would be useful:

- Supporting/advertising/getting involved in some form of organised peaceful protest to highlight the significant issues at and facing the club. 

- If that’s unacceptable, they could use their significant reach to continually highlight said issues through their buddies in the media.

- Some form of reaching out to members to understand what members would like to see happen. Maybe an open event or basic survey. How are members’ voices being heard and acted upon right now?

- With the fantastic relationship the Trust apparently has with the club, I’m surprised they’ve been unable to lobby for much needed improvements to the stadium to enhance the experience for their members.

- A collaboration with other PL supporter groups to highlight collective issues (such as the fact Sky continually break their own deadlines for televised matches, or the ESL pathetic fine).

- Some form of collaboration with other local clubs’ supporters to take part in charity fundraising, or supporting smaller local clubs through a difficult period.

They’re just fairly basic ideas off the top of my head. Might not be the thing everyone wants, but that’s sort of what the Trust are there for - understanding and acting on what the majority want. The Trust don’t even know what their members want because they don’t ask them.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

The majority of the NUST board attend games (please correct me if im wrong) not sure I can take them seriously because of that.

Also 'The Trust have been engaging with Teacey Crouch and others such ad the FSA with regards to the fan-lad review of football and improving the game as a whole.' is a claim to fame, this happened by default not because of something the Trust did.

Edited by Numbers

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Also 'The Trust have been engaging with Teacey Crouch and others such ad the FSA with regards to the fan-lad review of football and improving the game as a whole.' is a claim to fame, this happened by default not because of something the Trust did.

Just like the "audience with Masters" thing. Which they completely wasted. 

Edited by Joey Linton

I expect the NUST to be doing it's best to keep both sides happy. With a decent ownership/football association this would be worthwhile but in the present circumstances it's fairly academic. In which case I'd rather a stronger stance personally.

The protest health and safety assessment was embarrassing as fuck mind you.

I'd like to see NUST release something about the upcoming CAT case.  Especially as they've been contributing to the fan led review on football governance. 

Feels like a perfect opportunity to put some subtle pressure out there about how the CAT case jurisdiction challenge from the PL embodies the lack of transparency that all football fans are craving to see the end of, especially moreso now that UEFA have dropped their case against the remaining ESL clubs. 

5 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

I'd like to see NUST release something about the upcoming CAT case.  Especially as they've been contributing to the fan led review on football governance. 

Feels like a perfect opportunity to put some subtle pressure out there about how the CAT case jurisdiction challenge from the PL embodies the lack of transparency that all football fans are craving to see the end of, especially moreso now that UEFA have dropped their case against the remaining ESL clubs. 

Are you mad? How can they possibly find time for that when they need to phone Jan about someone’s ticket for Wolves?

Between that and speaking once to Tracey Crouch six months ago, they’re pretty canned until 2024.

On 25/09/2021 at 18:47, Fantail Breeze said:

So in the last three years all they’ve achieved/are doing is engaging in a process that is open to all supporter groups as standard and spoke to the Box Office on behalf of fans? 

I think the following would be useful:

- Supporting/advertising/getting involved in some form of organised peaceful protest to highlight the significant issues at and facing the club. 

- If that’s unacceptable, they could use their significant reach to continually highlight said issues through their buddies in the media.

- Some form of reaching out to members to understand what members would like to see happen. Maybe an open event or basic survey. How are members’ voices being heard and acted upon right now?

- With the fantastic relationship the Trust apparently has with the club, I’m surprised they’ve been unable to lobby for much needed improvements to the stadium to enhance the experience for their members.

- A collaboration with other PL supporter groups to highlight collective issues (such as the fact Sky continually break their own deadlines for televised matches, or the ESL pathetic fine).

- Some form of collaboration with other local clubs’ supporters to take part in charity fundraising, or supporting smaller local clubs through a difficult period.

They’re just fairly basic ideas off the top of my head. Might not be the thing everyone wants, but that’s sort of what the Trust are there for - understanding and acting on what the majority want. The Trust don’t even know what their members want because they don’t ask them.

I actually agree with most of this and you've echoed some of the sentiments I have. Fan engagement is my main concern and I feel it should be our priority and actually a given.

The Trust does get a lot of small wins that people don't see though, and I feel they should share these through regular engagement with fans. I think they come in for some unjust stick sometimes though. Stuff like the above is at least constructive.

I'd say making what they have through the pledge is pretty fantastic too. It may be a pipe dream, but every journey starts somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Don't like assuming the worst of them because I can't honestly say I know what's going on behind the scenes, but the consistent failure to amplify their message when opportunity arises is amateurish and self defeating. 

I think the Trust needs to be more vocal in its successes without losing modesty. It's about recognising areas that can be approved as well as areas that have all ready had successes and allowing transparency. 

On 25/09/2021 at 19:21, Numbers said:

The majority of the NUST board attend games (please correct me if im wrong) not sure I can take them seriously because of that.

The Trust still had to be respected and reputable enough to have a deat at the table, as with Masters. Hardly claims to fame.

Hoe can the trust claim to be representative of the fan base if none of them attend games too? I personally took my stance when Rafa left. I'd like to think I share the feelings of those who did similar. Maybe thsre need to be more of my opinion on the board, but from what I seen there were only 2 of us of that mindset attempting election...