Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I'd also add that there's never been consistent pressure on Ashley. There's been fuck all movement wholesale aside from a song now and then.

Remember the SackPardew campaigns and now this whinging about Bruce. There's consistent collective ire directed at the manager often, never enough at Ashley.

Well there was AshleyOut which was big (by our standards) for a bit, and that was built up from SackPardew. Broadly agree that there's little point going for Bruce now.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

53 minutes ago, GWN said:

They had a chance on national tv to call out the PL 

NOT EVEN MENTIONED 

embarrassment of a group  

Sky would never have aired that to be fair.  You saw how quick they cut away from an anti-Masters banner.

From NUFC.com, pretty much sums up the stadium support and why protests will never work so don't even bother 

Crowd: 50,407 including 3,000 away fans up in Level 7.

This game was played in a strange, almost schizophrenic atmosphere at times - the anti-Bruce chants almost now a default response and only forgotten or replaced by support to the team when action on the field was of the positive variety.

As to why this latest attempt at mounting stadium protests failed, it seems obvious to us that the genuine malcontents and militants are no longer paying customers - leaving behind those less prepared or interested in venting their feelings in anything other than cat-calls and boos.

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

From NUFC.com, pretty much sums up the stadium support and why protests will never work so don't even bother 

Crowd: 50,407 including 3,000 away fans up in Level 7.

This game was played in a strange, almost schizophrenic atmosphere at times - the anti-Bruce chants almost now a default response and only forgotten or replaced by support to the team when action on the field was of the positive variety.

As to why this latest attempt at mounting stadium protests failed, it seems obvious to us that the genuine malcontents and militants are no longer paying customers - leaving behind those less prepared or interested in venting their feelings in anything other than cat-calls and boos.

That last paragraph is absolutely spot on. 

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

That last paragraph is absolutely spot on. 

Yep. There’s a generation now who have only experienced shitness. Add the miscreants that use it as an excuse to avoid the wife and you have the perfect recipe for Stockholm syndrome toward Ashley/Bruce 

23 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Stick a camera on them and a couple of names and they behave like shy little girls all fawning and bashfull

It's unbelievable that whilst the club are engaged in a legal battle with the Premier League about the potential blocking of the takeover, this lot are happily putting themselves forward as part of the product with the main rights holder.

Yet at the same time they refused to even acknowledge the existence of protest groups over the last three or four weeks, with the exception of carrying out their own covid risk assessment one day before the coach trip to london a few weeks ago. 

48 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's unbelievable that whilst the club are engaged in a legal battle with the Premier League about the potential blocking of the takeover, this lot are happily putting themselves forward as part of the product with the main rights holder.

Yet at the same time they refused to even acknowledge the existence of protest groups over the last three or four weeks, with the exception of carrying out their own covid risk assessment one day before the coach trip to london a few weeks ago. 

End of the day not one fan representative or fan representative organisation is after anything other than getting their fizzogs on media and bathing in the warm glow of their own narcissism 

Edited by InspectorCoarse
word left out

I’ve accepted the Trust for what it is which isn’t and never will be nor ever should be a protest group so I still support them and in @Greg and @Heronwe have two guys in them in particular who I’ve met and they are far from being bluffers, they are die hard toon fans who want what is best for NUFC as a club, as a club in the community and it’s fans, locally and internationally. They will be around long after Ashley and Bruce have gone and will continue to have the club and fans’ back over major issues for as long as they continue and long may they, well done NUST lads and lasses, keep up the good work :clap:

37 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve accepted the Trust for what it is which isn’t and never will be nor ever should be a protest group so I still support them and in @Greg and @Heronwe have two guys in them in particular who I’ve met and they are far from being bluffers, they are die hard toon fans who want what is best for NUFC as a club, as a club in the community and it’s fans, locally and internationally. They will be around long after Ashley and Bruce have gone and will continue to have the club and fans’ back over major issues for as long as they continue and long may they, well done NUST lads and lasses, keep up the good work :clap:

Which is? 

47 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Getting yer photo taken outside Nine bar with Neville and Carragher is doing what exactly ?

5 hours ago, InspectorCoarse said:

NUST speak for no one except themselves and the 50000 mugs that continue to turn up ( including some of NUST incredibly ) speak the loudest ( unfortunately ) . Club is dead - act accordingly 

I mean, 50k is quite significant. NUST have made them the priority and always have done. Not sure why people are so surprised by it year after year.

On 18/09/2021 at 12:16, HTT II said:

Cheers mate. Appreciate the kind words and I'm sure @Greg does too.

The important thing is that people become members and vote according to how they wish to be represented by the trust, for me. It's more difficult to change from outside it. :thup:

On 18/09/2021 at 13:04, InspectorCoarse said:

Getting yer photo taken outside Nine bar with Neville and Carragher is doing what exactly ?

Well for one it wasn't Greg or I. However, I'm not sure why highlighting the issues of the club on a global platform would be particularly wrongful? Surely it's better to do it than not, isn't it? 

Edited by Heron

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

I mean, it's more than that, but aye, trying to buy a share in the club on behalf of the fans via legitimate and legal means is hardly owt to be ashamed of. In my opinion, of course. 

Such as? What have the Trust achieved/what else are they currently doing?

I think people have this perception that our PL status is a given in the short-medium term and that the likes of the Saudistyle takeover is the only instance where the pledge is relevant. I for one don’t want to be in a Sunderland style position where the club is fucked and the fans have no say. All this fiscal responsibility talk counts for shit when we get relegated again in the manner the club is run. The conversations around finances change drastically if we emulate that and I’d be unsurprised if that wasn’t a factor in the pledge’s inception. Still a staggering amount involved but becomes a lot more realistic as a safeguard at that point.

Edited by Darth Crooks