Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s always been the reason why the likes of Greg and Alex will never allow the Trust to do anything meaningful, they’re too precious about their matchday experiences.

As I’ve repeated, more bothered about themselves rather than the supporters… should be nowhere near the roles they have.

7 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Seems like NUST have put something out there. 

Fair play @Heron

It's ironic seeing them calling out the Premier League for not doing what they should be doing. 

Guest reefatoon

Mint a jigsaw. These are the rip roaring, exciting forward thinkers I want owning 1% of the club. 

A good old jigsaw should help keep us all busy and forget about the club burning to the ground.

Edited by reefatoon

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Mint a jigsaw. These are the rip roaring, exciting forward thinkers I want owning 1% of the club. 

A good old jigsaw should help keep us all busy and forget about the club burning to the ground.

Sorry but them offering this kind of stuff is fucking embarassing, gonna have to block them before they become the next Wish/Wayfair etc.

“with more to come” :lol: 

It’s actually embarrassing they are prioritising shit like this whilst the club is on its knees. 

We can add jigsaws onto their list of achievements though:

- Spoke to Tracy Crouch

- Spoke to Jan in the box office

- Sold some jigsaws

Guest reefatoon

After everything that has happened this week, all the potential, news, anticipation and intrigue surrounding the CAT case, what it could mean for the takeover and the possibilities it could bring. The chance to buy a jigsaw is exactly the kind of news I was wanting to hear from our trust. Fizzing at the news, what a week!

I’ve just suffered a repetitive strain injury whilst making a jigsaw. I’m aghast that the trust didn’t warn me in advance this could be a potential outcome. 
I’ve also nearly chocked eating a piece, again not highlighted. 
surely there’s a duty of care here?

I havent been one to criticise the trust in the past but was amazed by the Jigsaw email, find it incredible that they could misread the room so badly.

This is a period where the fanbase/members are looking for hope, leadership and action not a couple of quid off a fucking puzzle

Guest reefatoon

[emoji38] Still chuckling at this like. Even the media are starting to get on board this week and you feel pressure might ramp up on the premier league. Meh, we are too busy flogging jigsaws [emoji38]

When it comes to the arbitration case and all eyes are on the decision, we will see the next big move. Come buy your very own wool and needle gift set so you can knit your own black and white bobble hat, guaranteed to keep your head toastie at every home game.

Edited by reefatoon

Guest HTT II

I support the Trust and especially Greg and Heron, and I know they need to raise funds, but this jigsaw thing is a piss take, it’s akin to Ashley offering discounts on SD stuff to season ticket holders to renew having went down. I’m starting to lose my faith… they need to be more vocal!

There were reasons for why it was done, but in retrospect I think it's been horrendously timed and cannot help but agree with comments regarding priorities and leadership.

Tonight, again from my personal Twitter account (NUFCheron), I have proposed the boycott of the Spurs game. If you're in agreement, then I'd appreciate people tweeting #BoycottSpurs as I have done please. You needn't retweet my tweet if you wish cause frankly it's not about me, it's about getting the message out.

I am of the view that all fans aren't doing enough to change our destiny, that includes protest, fan groups,twitter accounts and trusts. We need to start collectively speaking out.

I'm genuinely concerned by the fact the ESL have got away with their attwmpts to line their own pockets at the expense of English football with minimal to zero backlash. The PL have also been guilty of lining their own pockets at our expense in my opinion. Ashley obviously has and Charnley and Bruce are doing so but through ineptitude rather than calculated choice. Surely a game televised by Sky (who also fuck our club and fans over) against a 'big 6' side in our current situation is an absolutely perfect time for us to say "Fuck you and your product" by having an empty stadium?

The inevitable responses will follow, "tried it before", "what will that achieve", etc. But fuck me, we're not even doing nowt at present, we're almost actively saying, "nee bother, craic on". 

Protest groups cannot get off the ground for sich criticism, radgt fans cannot get numbers because of an inability to round up numbers and organically it cannot happen because fans who would've been vocal have long since made their stance such as I.

So someone needs to take the bull by the horns and/or all must do their bit, instead of looking at every other fucker to do it for them.

#Rant

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

There were reasons for why it was done, but in retrospect I think it's been horrendously timed and cannot help but agree with comments regarding priorities and leadership.

Tonight, again from my personal Twitter account (NUFCheron), I have proposed the boycott of the Spurs game. If you're in agreement, then I'd appreciate people tweeting #BoycottSpurs as I have done please. You needn't retweet my tweet if you wish cause frankly it's not about me, it's about getting the message out.

I am of the view that all fans aren't doing enough to change our destiny, that includes protest, fan groups,twitter accounts and trusts. We need to start collectively speaking out.

I'm genuinely concerned by the fact the ESL have got away with their attwmpts to line their own pockets at the expense of English football with minimal to zero backlash. The PL have also been guilty of lining their own pockets at our expense in my opinion. Ashley obviously has and Charnley and Bruce are doing so but through ineptitude rather than calculated choice. Surely a game televised by Sky (who also fuck our club and fans over) against a 'big 6' side in our current situation is an absolutely perfect time for us to say "Fuck you and your product" by having an empty stadium?

The inevitable responses will follow, "tried it before", "what will that achieve", etc. But fuck me, we're not even doing nowt at present, we're almost actively saying, "nee bother, craic on". 

Protest groups cannot get off the ground for sich criticism, radgt fans cannot get numbers because of an inability to round up numbers and organically it cannot happen because fans who would've been vocal have long since made their stance such as I.

So someone needs to take the bull by the horns and/or all must do their bit, instead of looking at every other fucker to do it for them.

#Rant

Clearly a welcome addition to the NUST board.

Best of luck.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Excellent Heron. Really needs the Trust to retweet it though. 

To support/help organise/and join in more like

38 minutes ago, Heron said:

#Rant

A member of the Trust who actually realises what the issues are and actually wants to do something about it. I'll be even more impressed if you can get the rest of the fuckers on the board, to actually do something and back you on this, and put out a NUST statement about an organised boycott and the exact reasons for it (Ashley, Bruce, Premier League). It is the perfect game (live and one of the so called big bollocks 6) to actually get seriouis media attention. 

However, I think we all know that certain members are too interested in their day out and arranging their jigsaw pieces. 

Edited by et tu brute

9 hours ago, HTT II said:

I support the Trust and especially Greg and Heron, and I know they need to raise funds, but this jigsaw thing is a piss take, it’s akin to Ashley offering discounts on SD stuff to season ticket holders to renew having went down. I’m starting to lose my faith… they need to be more vocal!

I mean it would have had a little more credibility if they had pulled together an NUST shop kind of thing…with like a load of bespoke products with discounts etc. And at a different time, and not sent in the same breath as the Tracey Crouch thing too. But one fucking jigsaw man. Honestly they don’t do themselves any favours.