Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

:thup:

Will play devil's advocate again and ask whether the Trust's strategy is the correct one if it's proving to be so divisive amongst the demographic it represents? 

Just my personal opinion, but there is one singular issue that ALL Newcastle fans agree on, and that's the ownership issue. Wouldn't it therefore be of more value to the fans, Trust and the club if the strategy was geared towards ensuring the eventual departure of Ashley?

Quite how that's manifests itself into a cohesive plan is up for debate but wouldn't that be the best way to engage the fans - by appealing to their 'needs'

Yeah, I think so. I think too mich emphasis has been placer on communicating with the club in the past and whilst the Trust should be cautious how it positions itself it should absolutely join fans in putting the club to task in my opinion. After all its a Supporters Trust, its primary function is to act for supporters.

The problem again though is, even if the Trust do, do something it won't be enough for some. I do feel it should assiist those groups trying to make a difference and/or apply pressure any reasonable way possible though, now before it's too late and we're relegated. 

2 hours ago, Heron said:

Yeah, I think so. I think too mich emphasis has been placer on communicating with the club in the past and whilst the Trust should be cautious how it positions itself it should absolutely join fans in putting the club to task in my opinion. After all its a Supporters Trust, its primary function is to act for supporters.

The problem again though is, even if the Trust do, do something it won't be enough for some. I do feel it should assiist those groups trying to make a difference and/or apply pressure any reasonable way possible though, now before it's too late and we're relegated. 

That's fair enough :thup:

I do think NUST need to be more takeover centric rather than anti Ashley at the moment and perhaps need to communicate that support a bit more than they have been doing, but yeh, appreciate the debate.

On 28/09/2021 at 12:16, Thumbheed said:

I'd like to see NUST release something about the upcoming CAT case.  Especially as they've been contributing to the fan led review on football governance. 

Feels like a perfect opportunity to put some subtle pressure out there about how the CAT case jurisdiction challenge from the PL embodies the lack of transparency that all football fans are craving to see the end of, especially moreso now that UEFA have dropped their case against the remaining ESL clubs. 

Didn’t quite get your wish, but they did manage to post to tell fans not to record the session :lol: Almost as ridiculous as the health and safety assessment of the London process.

Considering we heard first hand today about how much the PL wants to hide from Newcastle fans, it’s staggering they’re still sat on their hands.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAEnNmbT8rH_DaP819DRU
but they did manage to post to tell fans not to record the session  Almost as ridiculous as the health and safety assessment of the London process.

Edited by RS

18 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Didn’t quite get your wish, but they did manage to post to tell fans not to record the session :lol: Almost as ridiculous as the health and safety assessment of the London process.

Considering we heard first hand today about how much the PL wants to hide from Newcastle fans, it’s staggering they’re still sat on their hands.

At a total loss for why they wouldn't be all over this. 

Do the PL have any legislative power over them? If they're threatening to kick us out the league perhaps they have that on NUST as well? Literally the only explanation I have. 

21 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I tried 😅

21 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

At a total loss for why they wouldn't be all over this. 

Do the PL have any legislative power over them? If they're threatening to kick us out the league perhaps they have that on NUST as well? Literally the only explanation I have. 

Nowt, or they shouldn't have. Nor should we bow fown to their threats if this is what they're threatening. PL threatening to kick us oot the league after aal the ESL carry on. Farcical. Where's it said this? It's news to me

49 minutes ago, Heron said:

Nowt, or they shouldn't have. Nor should we bow fown to their threats if this is what they're threatening. PL threatening to kick us oot the league after aal the ESL carry on. Farcical. Where's it said this? It's news to me

All over the media.

Will have to try and give it a read - was there something in The TImes by Henry Winter? I think I'm almost at the stage I'd welcome them kicking us out the league if it meant we lost Ashley and didn't have to put up with the twats at the PL like. Sadly though, it'd probably cripple the club.

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Well, according to their latest email NUST don't think the PL are fit for purpose.

Quickly followed up by an email offering discount on a Jigsaw.... :lol:

What is it a jigsaw of? 

Edited by Joey Linton

Posted this in the takeover thread as parallels are interesting but also talks about their supporters group:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58736570

"An extensive survey of our members and the wider fanbase, carried out midway through the 2020-21 season, reaffirmed how supporters view a change in ownership as a priority if we are to rebuild the supporter experience at our club."

Had a little gander at the supporters group:

http://hammersunited.com/statement/

"We are a non-political group; our soul interest is the supporters of West Ham United.

This is not a protest group. We are a supporter’s group. However, we coordinate protest where our members deem it necessary. At present, our members want us to prioritise continuing to campaign for a change of ownership. Whilst maintaining our campaign, we work with the club on other matters, on behalf of our members. At all times, our members decide our stance on campaigns and protest."

Also from the BBC article [emoji38]:

"But Paul Colborne, co-founder and chair of Hammers United- and who is currently banned from attending West Ham matches after he was part of a pitch invasion protest before a game against Burnley in March 2018"

That’s always been the reason why the likes of Greg and Alex will never allow the Trust to do anything meaningful, they’re too precious about their matchday experiences.

As I’ve repeated, more bothered about themselves rather than the supporters… should be nowhere near the roles they have.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

On 29/09/2021 at 19:52, Fantail Breeze said:

Seems like NUST have put something out there. 

Fair play @Heron

Edited by Thumbheed