Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I fear for those like Greg and Thomas who are there for the right reasons tbh. Call my a cynic but I reckon certain individuals will be in Alex's ear to tell him to make his moves now to get in with the club. The writing is on the wall here.

First back on the board, then elected chair, then whatever comes of that with the club. 

Edited by Heron

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I fear for those like Greg and Thomas who are there for the right reasons tbh. Call my a cynic but I reckon certain individuals will be in Alex's ear to tell him to make his moves now to get in with the club. The writing is on the wall here.

First back on the board, then elected chair, then whatever comes of that with the club. 

Greg might be there for the right reasons but the Trust has been pathetic under his leadership. Achieved nothing. No direction. Further divisions in the fanbase. Criminal.

It is evidently still run by Alex and he’s got a hand firmly up Greg’s arse making him sing a song.

Shower of shit.

Will be interesting to see if the Trust approach the club about boycotting fans/loyalty points as their 2019 scheme promised (still on their website now) or if it was just purely a ploy to gain more members.

Would be good to hear from the members on here - sorry to be cynical but I just can’t imagine that cunt ever trying for people who left given he’s a super fan support the team type of fella. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Shower of shit.

Will be interesting to see if the Trust approach the club about boycotting fans/loyalty points as their 2019 scheme promised (still on their website now) or if it was just purely a ploy to gain more members.

Would be good to hear from the members on here - sorry to be cynical but I just can’t imagine that cunt ever trying for people who left given he’s a super fan support the team type of fella. 

Arguably if you want a quick win with new ownership alongside the organisation aims not a better way to achieve it i.e. show St. James some love, ticket pricing, regenerating the area, loyalty points and community issues. 

Hopefully we see the return of the Fans Forum for some transparency.

If they don’t want to converse with supporters on Twitter which they clearly would rather not, then they ought to fuck off going on Twitter, honestly they are as big a disappointment than the club the last 12 months, what a mug myself and others have been. 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

If they don’t want to converse with supporters in Twitter which they clearly would rather not, then they ought to fuck off going on Twitter, honestly they are as big a disappointment than the club the last 12 months, what a mug myself and others have been. 

They just dont like being shown up on Twitter ... you notice when fans kiss their arse they arent invited to do it privately via email :  )

4 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Fair point from Vagabond. 

Who runs NUST?

Each year the members given the opportunity to elect a board to represent them.  Every member of the Trust has the same vote as anyone else.  There are no majority share holders. There is an elected ‘Chair’ of the board who directs the board but the ‘Chair’ also only has one vote in any matter, the same as any member.

The Pledge thing was nonsense on stilts from its inception - it was never about buying a piece of the club ( though the measly 1 per cent was worse than useless ) it was just a way of keeping Hurst and his TF buddies in the mix for being someone the new owners might deal with as a sop to fans and the awful comms of the Ashley era . Im only surprised Hurst didnt announce this at 6pm on takeover day 

6 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Arguably if you want a quick win with new ownership alongside the organisation aims not a better way to achieve it i.e. show St. James some love, ticket pricing, regenerating the area, loyalty points and community issues. 

Hopefully we see the return of the Fans Forum for some transparency.

Agree, often thought the loyalty points should be a permanent thing. Maybe I am bias but some have to give it up for work/relocation/money etc, but would be nice if they still had option to go to the odd away day.

I've not paid total attention to NUST in recent times but there seems to be quite a noticeable trend of if you criticise them on any public forum it's 'if you're a member get in touch via official channels' but when you do, seems they rarely, if ever, get back to you if it's too hard a question to fob off. 

Or am I wrong?