Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Greg might be a sound lad and I have no doubt he has been involved in some good things previously, but NUST under his leadership has been an absolute shambles.

He’s not above criticism and he’s rightly getting it.

I think you might want to adjust your expectations of the trust and what it can realistic achieve. 

-coming from a none member of the trust. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think you might want to adjust your expectations of the trust and what it can realistic achieve. 

-coming from a none member of the trust. 

I don’t think it’s too much to ask a Supporters Trust to engage with it’s own members and supporters before making decisions.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t think it’s too much to ask a Supporters Trust to engage with it’s own members and supporters before making decisions.

From what I understand the trust does engage with its members. 

As far as the general support base I somewhat agree but it seems the trusts mandate is to put its member first and as someone who isn’t a member I have zero issue with that. 

Members should be representative of NUFC fans in general though, so I'm not sure you should really need to worry about whether you're a member or not. Of course you don't get a direct vote or whatever, but they should be representing fans as a whole to a certain extent. 

FWIW I don't know what they have done wrong except for not protesting against Ashley. I thought the pledge was unlikely to work but it was a nice aim. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

From what I understand the trust does engage with its members. 

As far as the general support base I somewhat agree but it seems the trusts mandate is to put its member first and as someone who isn’t a member I have zero issue with that. 

They send lots of surveys and prompts for the pledge.

And when the elections come around you get that kind of correspondence. 

Think I would've liked more from the trust considering they quite clearly piggy backed a lot of bad decisions to gain members.

Can't blame them for my decision to join and wrongly thinking it could maybe be a bit more than strong worded letters.

Their remit is clear

Alex Hurst, saying none members opinions are irrelevant,  gloating on twitter as he puts people down etc. yet hes welcomed back into the Trust with open arms.

I could be massively wide of the mark but from the outside looking in he seems to have far too much influence, also still waiting for an answer as to why he had access to member numbers while he wasn't on the board.

People defending Greg in exactly the same way Shearer defends Bruce :lol: “He’s a top bloke”, “he’s on our side”, “he has our interests at heart”.

Nobody can tell us anything the Trust has achieved under Greg’s leadership. 

Completely pointless other than chatting to their pals in the local media circus. 

Have given up supporting the Trust, trying to offer ideas and suggestions because they’re all ignored because they’re not Alex’s.

Will avoid this thread in the future to keep my blood pressure low.

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

People defending Greg in exactly the same way Shearer defends Bruce :lol: “He’s a top bloke”, “he’s on our side”, “he has our interests at heart”.

Nobody can tell us anything the Trust has achieved under Greg’s leadership. 

Completely pointless other than chatting to their pals in the local media circus. 

Have given up supporting the Trust, trying to offer ideas and suggestions because they’re all ignored because they’re not Alex’s.

Will avoid this thread in the future to keep my blood pressure low.

I dont know why you have such a vendetta in the first place, tbh. I mean the right criticism is fair but you seem to find no end of things to accuse them of. I think most other people are a lot more chill about this situation in their life. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I dont know why you have such a vendetta in the first place, tbh. I mean the right criticism is fair but you seem to find no end of things to accuse them of. I think most other people are a lot more chill about this situation in their life. 

What have I “accused” them of which isn’t factually correct? 

Vendetta, no. Annoyance at treating fellow supporters like idiots, yes.

9 hours ago, Numbers said:

Alex Hurst, saying none members opinions are irrelevant,  gloating on twitter as he puts people down etc. yet hes welcomed back into the Trust with open arms.

I could be massively wide of the mark but from the outside looking in he seems to have far too much influence, also still waiting for an answer as to why he had access to member numbers while he wasn't on the board.

You're not. 

I packed in when they said you can only have an opinion if you pay, I was paying into both so I could so my opinion was because that rule excluded a large section of fans I fucked off.

It would be good if they did a press statement for release to the media that Bruce wasn’t hounded out or abused or disliked because he managed the mackems or wasn’t Rafa but because of what he stood for and the performances, how he put the club and fans down, compared us to nobodies etc. and also highlight on how it’s been massively overblown the reaction to his sacking yet when Rafa’s home gets targeted by vandals or OGS gets told to die on Twitter etc. it barely gets mentioned. This has pissed me off more than anything regarding Bruce’s sacking, the victim card playing cunt. 

18 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It would be good if they did a press statement for release to the media that Bruce wasn’t hounded out or abused or disliked because he managed the mackems or wasn’t Rafa but because of what he stood for and the performances, how he put the club and fans down, compared us to nobodies etc. and also highlight on how it’s been massively overblown the reaction to his sacking yet when Rafa’s home gets targeted by vandals or OGS gets told to die on Twitter etc. it barely gets mentioned. This has pissed me off more than anything regarding Bruce’s sacking, the victim card playing cunt. 

I'd rather they just shut up and fucked off.

nope, just let the Bruce thing go - the more people go on about it, the more it will continue to be in the news.    People have had their say, it hasn't changed anything, he is no longer the head coach of NUFC and we move on

The best reaction is no reaction in this instance imo. Say absolutely nothing, he's been sacked because results and performances have been largely dogshit since Xmas. No need to justify it, no need to explain anything. He's shocking and now he's unemployed. End of story.