Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

20 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Burnsie's a massive melt but no more so than Hurst. 

I’m not a fan of Hurst at all, but he’s by far better than Burnsie.

You are talking about a guy who was on TV saying Aliens probed his ass, and makes multiple Twitter accounts that spout made up lies and has arguments with his other Twitter accounts.

Not sure this is the correct thread, but do any other clubs have a group of fans who are so desperate to be celebrities as our lot?

Wraith, Hurst and others. It’s hideous to watch man. Proper all think they’re pure ITK as well. Fucking helmets the lot of them, embarrassing and cringey as fuck. I must have muted about 15 accounts on Twitter. Even that Franchi kid is an annoyingly little twat 

21 minutes ago, Ben said:

I still never got my question answered about how Charlotte is on the board 

She got voted in, her campaign was decent but I’ve not seen what she’s done.

Edited by Stifler

51 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Not sure this is the correct thread, but do any other clubs have a group of fans who are so desperate to be celebrities as our lot?

Wraith, Hurst and others. It’s hideous to watch man. Proper all think they’re pure ITK as well. Fucking helmets the lot of them, embarrassing and cringey as fuck. I must have muted about 15 accounts on Twitter. Even that Franchi kid is an annoyingly little twat 

Yes.

it’s just that we naturally see ours on our timelines on social media etc.

Arsenal Fans TV was blasted by Arsenal fans long before they became popular outside of the Arsenal fan base.

Edited by Stifler

I might be old fashioned but I hate the modern trend of podcasts and vlogs, etc. Like. There's that kid who's basically stalking Howe, which is canny weird behaviour, but he's doing it for viewers rather than out of fandome (?). Then you have half the TF lot who are more bothered about videoing their reaction to goals or interviewing fans than they are about the actual game or supporting their team. Then you have some lasses who basically parade themselves so blokes slava aal owa them and subsequently their views get perpetuated because people fancy them despite talking utter shite. That's before you even start with the so-called key figures.

I get along alright with Wraith and his lot on a personal level, I don't agree with a lot they do on social media, but each to their own. I don't have much time for some of those at TF, but there are a few sound lads amongst them. I just hate this whole juggling to be king magpie like. It's shite. We're fans. It's our strength in numbers that matter most not who gets their face on most media streams.

I'll never forget overhearing Michael Martin and Alex Hurst laughing at AshleyOut when I met them once, think they knew I had involvement and were making deliberstely snide comments in earshot of me. Was in The Strawberry. "Oh why would you be anonymous, have you not got the balls to stand up for your opinions" or some similar shit amongst other stuff. Quite the opposite - folk just didn't want to make it about them.

That's why AO stayed anonymous where possible, SackPardew did, The Magpie Group (by and large) did, and Wor Flags do.

Because Newcastle United is the purpose not any fanzine, group or Twitter handle.

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

I might be old fashioned but I hate the modern trend of podcasts and vlogs, etc. Like. There's that kid who's basically stalking Howe, which is canny weird behaviour, but he's doing it for viewers rather than out of fandome (?). Then you have half the TF lot who are more bothered about videoing their reaction to goals or interviewing fans than they are about the actual game or supporting their team. Then you have some lasses who basically parade themselves so blokes slava aal owa them and subsequently their views get perpetuated because people fancy them despite talking utter shite. That's before you even start with the so-called key figures.

I get along alright with Wraith and his lot on a personal level, I don't agree with a lot they do on social media, but each to their own. I don't have much time for some of those at TF, but there are a few sound lads amongst them. I just hate this whole juggling to be king magpie like. It's shite. We're fans. It's our strength in numbers that matter most not who gets their face on most media streams.

I'll never forget overhearing Michael Martin and Alex Hurst laughing at AshleyOut when I met them once, think they knew I had involvement and were making deliberstely snide comments in earshot of me. Was in The Strawberry. "Oh why would you be anonymous, have you not got the balls to stand up for your opinions" or some similar shit amongst other stuff. Quite the opposite - folk just didn't want to make it about them.

That's why AO stayed anonymous where possible, SackPardew did, The Magpie Group (by and large) did, and Wor Flags do.

Because Newcastle United is the purpose not any fanzine, group or Twitter handle.

Great post :clap:

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Find it ironic that Hurst and Wraith are gasping for the club to give them freebies when their political views align with the idea that you shouldn’t expect to leech off the fortune of others.

59 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m not a fan of Hurst at all, but he’s by far better than Burnsie.

You are talking about a guy who was on TV saying Aliens probed his ass, and makes multiple Twitter accounts that spout made up lies and has arguments with his other Twitter accounts.

Not sure any of those examples are worse than being a tory. 

Great post Heron. Agree with every word. On that note - I’m genuinely worried about this kid. He’s quit uni and classes this as his ‘job’. Fair enough giving it a go, but this has been every day this week man.

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Great post Heron. Agree with every word. On that note - I’m genuinely worried about this kid. He’s quit uni and classes this as his ‘job’. Fair enough giving it a go, but this has been every day this week man.

I genuinely find it uncomfortable tbh. Like at that age, doing that, is just a bit peculiar. People watch because they want to see what's gannin on or simply to pick on the kid, and it just seems like the kid needs some guidance. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Yes.

it’s just that we naturally see ours on our timelines on social media etc.

Arsenal Fans TV was blasted by Arsenal fans long before they became popular outside of the Arsenal fan base.

Arsenal Fans TV don’t take money from fellow fans to purely benefit themselves though, do they?

1 hour ago, Heron said:

This, this is exactly what it's all about.

I don't know you other than what you do on here and what you share about wor flags/nust but I agree with your summation and always thankful of the anonymous works carried out by the many groups.

Used to enjoy true faith tbh, but just don't find my views aligning with a lot that is said on there now.

Hopefully with a brighter future, we can care less and less about weird personalities, and rifts within fan groups etc. and just enjoy some football.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Great post, they're all more interested in self promotion than anything else.

This latest kid standing outside of the training ground for 12 hours to present a letter that has already been seen by Howe is fucking cringe.

Never forget Mick Martin tried to get Kris from GallowgateShots arrested because he wanted to get a flag to honour Tiote done. Absolute cunt and the fact people give him or TF any time, let alone let them effectively be the voice of the fans through NUST is appalling imo. 

19 minutes ago, NE27 said:

This, this is exactly what it's all about.

I don't know you other than what you do on here and what you share about wor flags/nust but I agree with your summation and always thankful of the anonymous works carried out by the many groups.

Used to enjoy true faith tbh, but just don't find my views aligning with a lot that is said on there now.

Hopefully with a brighter future, we can care less and less about weird personalities, and rifts within fan groups etc. and just enjoy some football.

For me, I'm just gonna come off Twitter in time. It'll become rife with shite opinions if we become good and have an off day and it'll be even more rife with the types I've decsribed. I think if you avoid social media you pretty much don't know any of it is going on. 

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Never forget Mick Martin tried to get Kris from GallowgateShots arrested because he wanted to get a flag to honour Tiote done. Absolute cunt and the fact people give him or TF any time, let alone let them effectively be the voice of the fans through NUST is appalling imo. 

I've had a few minor issues with him over the years like personally. Haven't got any time for him, probably fine to discuss Newcastle over a pint but anything other. Not for me. 

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

For me, I'm just gonna come off Twitter in time. It'll become rife with shite opinions if we become good and have an off day and it'll be even more rife with the types I've decsribed. I think if you avoid social media you pretty much don't know any of it is going on. 

Left Facebook because I kept arguing with tits on chronicle posts [emoji38]

My only window in to nufc social media is unfortunately on here and riles me up so much I want to join and rage again.

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Left Facebook because I kept arguing with tits on chronicle posts [emoji38]

My only window in to nufc social media is unfortunately on here and riles me up so much I want to join and rage again.

:lol:

I must admit, it's a bit like Heroine (I'd imagine). Gives you a moments buzz, a come down of epic proportions, it's hard to come off and when you do, the slightest bit getd you hooked again. I think as you get older, it's just therapeutic being annoyed about shit. 

I’ve just started coming across his videos. I have no real problem with him but someone mentioned in the comments  there he could be working more efficiently.

I mean waiting 12 hours outside the training ground is a bit daft :lol: 

it’s been mentioned frequently In the press Howe does 12 hours a day. You know he has to be there until atleast 1-2 to take training. He could have got there much later.

Edited by Rafalove