Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Hhtoon said:

Christ, he sees potential with the new owners that might elevate his profile and eases back in. 

The bloke is an absolute cunt. Hopefully the Trust members will see through this and make their voices heard. An absolute abortion from the Trust elected members this move.  

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The bloke is an absolute cunt. Hopefully the Trust members will see through this and make their voices heard. An absolute abortion from the Trust elected members this move.  

Doubt the Trust members will get a vote on it and even if they did im not sure Hurst wouldnt be the one counting the votes ...

26 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Shower of shit.

Will be interesting to see if the Trust approach the club about boycotting fans/loyalty points as their 2019 scheme promised (still on their website now) or if it was just purely a ploy to gain more members.

Would be good to hear from the members on here - sorry to be cynical but I just can’t imagine that cunt ever trying for people who left given he’s a super fan support the team type of fella. 

I actually fear he gets a more powerful role me. His comments the other week belittling protest efforts was piss-poor form and my interactions with him in the past don't bring me to the conclusion that he's a leader or a man of the people.

He's intelligent and eloquent and has networked his way up, fair play for that. Just not my cup of tea stepping on others to get to the top. 

NUST is basically NUFC under Ashley now, instead of SD mugs we have jigsaws, jobs for the boys, no comms, sheer disdain for their members/supporters and shit housery from the top (Greg excluded). Again what a mug I’ve been. They can fuck off now like!

Edited by HTT II

19 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Agree, often thought the loyalty points should be a permanent thing. Maybe I am bias but some have to give it up for work/relocation/money etc, but would be nice if they still had option to go to the odd away day.

I agree

Guest reefatoon

I wish you would all just stop having a go at NUST. Just give them all your money will you, so Alex can go and sit with the important people. If we can’t make this little scamp’s dream come true then we are not real fans. Oh and buy a jigsaw for good measure too.

Ultimately, there's more exciting and important things to be focusing on now. Easy for people to take the piss out of protests when they're trying their best within their physical and financial means to make a difference when the chips are down, but making political moves when everything is rosy I suspect is easy if you've stepped on enough or sucked up to enough people and you're that way inclined. 

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

NUST is basically NUFC under Ashley now, instead of SD mugs we have jigsaws, jobs for the boys, no comms, sheer disdain for their members/supporters and shit housery from the top (Greg excluded). Again what a mug I’ve been. They can fuck off now like!

Why exclude Greg? He voted for this 

11 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

They better flipping do it - one of the reasons I parted with my quid was the pledge to get loyalties back for those who gave up season tickets in protest.

Me too. I’d go as far as saying the reason I actually packed in was the faith I had in the trust actually approaching the club when they were taken over to try get them back. Was very hard giving up 150 points, more so for my old man. But I convinced him

the trust would do their bit when we eventually were taken over.

Would be a kick in the bollocks if they don’t at least try, and it would just confirm my suspicions that it was a quick way to gain more members in 2019.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Why exclude Greg? He voted for this 

Because he’s in this for genuine altruistic reasons, but he needs to have a word with some of them without a doubt!

44 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

The Trust is blatantly just TF's Vehicle for getting a line to the club. Hurst not being chair is like when Putin handed presidency to his mate for 4 years. It's all for him. 

Sorry who/what is TF, I signed up as trust member when the Saudi deal broke down a year or so ago. Not sure if I should remain a member if the leadership aren’t in it for the greater good.

Think we might be slightly overreacting in condemning the trust. 

FWIW I don’t really know anything about Hurst apart from what he says on the TF pod, which is a mixed bag. 

Apart from not protesting I don’t really object to anything the trust has done. Now they have a club to engage with, you’d expect them to be able to perform the normal functions that they’re more willing and able to do. 

Unless I’m missing something important. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think we might be slightly overreacting in condemning the trust. 

FWIW I don’t really know anything about Hurst apart from what he says on the TF pod, which is a mixed bag. 

Apart from not protesting I don’t really object to anything the trust has done. Now they have a club to engage with, you’d expect them to be able to perform the normal functions that they’re more willing and able to do. 

Unless I’m missing something important. 

5q6xd1.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 13:13, Conjo said:

Much easier to get behind this project now that Ashley is gone. Signed up.

Well that was a short lived positive experience :lol: 

Since they just ask you to e-mail them any concerns, would anyone with a bit more eloquent English than myself maybe be interested in drafting a mail concerned NUST members can e-mail to them about this self re-instated hog?

So he's decided to rejoin the board 5 days after we've been taken over? What a monumental (and pure coincidental) coincidence. Sure there's absolutely nothing linking these 2 events. 

Never, ever trust a Tory. 

They say he is co-opted, but if he never really left as they say, he wouldn't really be co-opted would he? :lol:  Co-opted if my google is strong enough is when "people who are chosen by the appropriate body to represent a specific area of interest or issue of consideration. These representatives are not elected members of the Council, and are appointed because of their level of knowledge and experience, such as headteachers, diocesan representatives."

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

They say he is co-opted, but if he never really left as they say, he wouldn't really be co-opted would he? :lol:  Co-opted if my google is strong enough is when "people who are chosen by the appropriate body to represent a specific area of interest or issue of consideration. These representatives are not elected members of the Council, and are appointed because of their level of knowledge and experience, such as headteachers, diocesan representatives."

Partial truths, smoke and mirrors.