Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

NUST get a lot of stick because of what they didn’t do etc but people don’t realise what they did do.

Greg in particular was key in trying to get the development behind the Gallowgate stopped via the NUST.

Linda was good at getting the club to engage and acknowledge the female squad by updating the details on .co.uk, sharing their tweets etc. It even resulted in them promoting International woman’s day which gave the female side their biggest ever gate just before lockdowns.

They so a lot of stuff behind the scenes that people don’t know about, but basically has their hands tied by Charnley and Ashley. It’s easy to get lost in the thought of them not being a protest group etc.

They get a lot of stick for stuff that they did do as well. 3 years wasted planning the pledge for example. 

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

NUST get a lot of stick because of what they didn’t do etc but people don’t realise what they did do.

Greg in particular was key in trying to get the development behind the Gallowgate stopped via the NUST.

Linda was good at getting the club to engage and acknowledge the female squad by updating the details on .co.uk, sharing their tweets etc. It even resulted in them promoting International woman’s day which gave the female side their biggest ever gate just before lockdowns.

They so a lot of stuff behind the scenes that people don’t know about, but basically has their hands tied by Charnley and Ashley. It’s easy to get lost in the thought of them not being a protest group etc.

:lol: I mean, isn’t that a massive flaw, for their own members not to know what they’re even doing?

Probably sums the Trust up nicely, to be fair. Off doing their own thing and couldn’t give two hoots about their members and their opinions.

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They’ve been very quiet since the takeover…

Apart from the two of them doing their interview with the Athletic obviously. [emoji38]

Edit And writing that god awful letter to "His Excellency". 

Edit again : and replaced Heron with Hurst. 

Edited by Joey Linton

On 13/11/2021 at 07:23, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I personally think he’s alright like. Comes across OK on YouTube. 

The Saudi flags and spending all day at the training ground is a bit odd, but fans of all sorts of things do weird stuff like that. 

His videos are just boring as fuck though. About as much personality as a wet sack

Canny radge how they are continuing to pull money from peoples bank accounts (remember, no refunds!) without any communication as to whether they are still pursuing what they campaigned for to get the fund moving.

Am I misremembering or did they not say a few times at the start that the ultimate aim of the Pledge wouldn't change if/when the club got taken over? If so I imagine that'll be their argument; that nothing has really changed in regards to the aim of the pledge.

Not saying that's right or wrong either way, especially as I'm no longer even a member of NUST to know when the last actual update on the Pledge was.

I know I've been a bit negative in here lately, but it's raised an absolutely pathetic amount for how long it's been going. I say that as a former contributor, as well.

There's no point in continuing with it.

24 minutes ago, wormy said:

Am I misremembering or did they not say a few times at the start that the ultimate aim of the Pledge wouldn't change if/when the club got taken over? If so I imagine that'll be their argument; that nothing has really changed in regards to the aim of the pledge.

Not saying that's right or wrong either way, especially as I'm no longer even a member of NUST to know when the last actual update on the Pledge was.

They said shortly after the takeover they were going to meet with the Guardians to discuss disbanding it, which would then be sent to a vote to members.

Nothing has been said since. I assume it’s too far down the list of priorities. A bit like Greg still to answer questions posed to him about Alex’s re-inauguration.

Probably too busy with their media interviews and masturbating one another to care too much about taking people’s money.

23 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They said shortly after the takeover they were going to meet with the Guardians to discuss disbanding it, which would then be sent to a vote to members.

Nothing has been said since. I assume it’s too far down the list of priorities. A bit like Greg still to answer questions posed to him about Alex’s re-inauguration.

Probably too busy with their media interviews and masturbating one another to care too much about taking people’s money.

Plenty of valid, mature criticisms of the Trust without resorting to that last line, mind. Does your stance no favours and I happen to agree with a lot of what you say on this particular matter :lol:

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Plenty of valid, mature criticisms of the Trust without resorting to that last line, mind. Does your stance no favours and I happen to agree with a lot of what you say on this particular matter :lol:

Not much different to similar I see get said about x player, y supporters, z pundit or even in response to others on here on a daily basis like.

Such as yourself, calling Wraith “mentally unwell”, only this morning.

Mature and valid criticism has been ignored by NUST every time it’s offered. I’ve tried to engage with them as a member and also just as a critical friend, it’s always been repeatedly ignored and ultimately people will get sick of that.

43 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I stand corrected. I also searched the forum after I posted and found comments from Greg that it could be wound up after a takeover so I got it completely wrong!

As i said a while back, I still don't understand why it's necessarily being wound up just because Ashley is gone? Was the plan only that the money would go to buy shares from him specifically? 

With the press attention the takeover has generated about the conduct of Saudi Arabia and MBS surely it's no less important to the Trust that the fans have a say on what's happening and how that conduct reflects on the club and the fanbase? 

Unless of course this is just the relatively easy route out, rather than acknowledge that it was a pie in the sky, terrible project from the start on which way too much resource has been wasted already.

That and the fact that the change in ownership has potentially brought a far easier route for some of those involved to get their feet under the table / seat in a box by just being on the Trust Board. 

Obviously I'm just thinking out loud here, asking rhetorical questions. I get that none of this will get answered because that's simply not what they do. 

Edited by Joey Linton