Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I’ve only really just tuned back in to NUFC Twitter after a few years out of the loop and it is a bomb scare. Dozens of absolute nobodies beefing with one another over fuck all of any consequence, with that colossal bellend Wraith somewhere near the centre. Any period of qualified success is going to make it even more intolerable too.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Just what you’d want after a few pints before an away game, turning up at your seat and finding this little weirdo sat next to you with his video camera.

In fairness to the spod I’d prefer him to the lad who spends 90 minutes on his phone checking the state of his acca, or the one who arrives ten minutes after kick off and fucks off ten minutes before half time because he can’t go a full 45 without a drink.

31 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Just what you’d want after a few pints before an away game, turning up at your seat and finding this little weirdo sat next to you with his video camera.

People filming themselves at the match has to be the worst thing about modern football.

Thankfully yet to find myself near one of them in the wild.

The NUST is, and always was, a complete and utter waste of time.  Usual bunch of egotists end up at the top - in this instance, Tory Boy Alex and his posh pals.  Remember when TF was about more than football?  That changed when he took over.  I can remember the Phoenix Taxi shite appearing in the rag, with MM having to give excuses for accepting advertising in a fanzine.  So posh boy basically bought himself an existing soap box, and now he’s done it again with the NUST.  The entitlement of inherited position.  Also proves that MM’s politics were always bluster and bullshit.

As stated upthread, him and Wraith are both two cheeks of the same Tory arse.

‘The Pledge’ was just embarrassing.  And another way to try and buy his way into having his opinions heard - opinions which are no more valid than anyone else’s (we’re talking about football supporting here - I literally cannot think of anything less onanistic than people viewing everything through the prism of their importance in a fan base.  The kind of thing a 12-year-old member of a boyband fan club probably has, but we’re talking grown adults here).  ‘We’ll give it to foodbanks if we can’t buy 1%’.  Nice one Alex - though you might want to have a good owld think about the circumstances and the people who created those foodbanks in the first place.  Hint: you vote for them.

It’s all best ignored.  They’ll all worm their way in, because Staveley is a PR person not a business administrator.  She’ll see the Twitter followers and hear their bullshit, making sure that it passes from one ear to the other without registering.  She’ll know that the people who get involved have enormous regard for their self-importance.  Give them the ego-boost, and they’ll tell their followers that the club board’s ablutions don’t stink. 

23 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

The NUST is, and always was, a complete and utter waste of time.  Usual bunch of egotists end up at the top - in this instance, Tory Boy Alex and his posh pals.  Remember when TF was about more than football?  That changed when he took over.  I can remember the Phoenix Taxi shite appearing in the rag, with MM having to give excuses for accepting advertising in a fanzine.  So posh boy basically bought himself an existing soap box, and now he’s done it again with the NUST.  The entitlement of inherited position.  Also proves that MM’s politics were always bluster and bullshit.

As stated upthread, him and Wraith are both two cheeks of the same Tory arse.

‘The Pledge’ was just embarrassing.  And another way to try and buy his way into having his opinions heard - opinions which are no more valid than anyone else’s (we’re talking about football supporting here - I literally cannot think of anything less onanistic than people viewing everything through the prism of their importance in a fan base.  The kind of thing a 12-year-old member of a boyband fan club probably has, but we’re talking grown adults here).  ‘We’ll give it to foodbanks if we can’t buy 1%’.  Nice one Alex - though you might want to have a good owld think about the circumstances and the people who created those foodbanks in the first place.  Hint: you vote for them.

It’s all best ignored.  They’ll all worm their way in, because Staveley is a PR person not a business administrator.  She’ll see the Twitter followers and hear their bullshit, making sure that it passes from one ear to the other without registering.  She’ll know that the people who get involved have enormous regard for their self-importance.  Give them the ego-boost, and they’ll tell their followers that the club board’s ablutions don’t stink. 

Great post. 

Anyone with any doubt about why those involved are involved only need to read that piece they did with The Athletic a few weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Foluwashola said:

People filming themselves at the match has to be the worst thing about modern football.

Thankfully yet to find myself near one of them in the wild.

The small lad from that nufc TV (I think, he's been on skysports news a few times) sits in front of me 2nd back row of the corner. Phone out every 30 seconds recording and talking into it.

He was filming Jorginhos penalty the other week and I seen a hand fly across and smash the phone out of his hand

Harsh but probably fair 😃

NUST get a lot of stick because of what they didn’t do etc but people don’t realise what they did do.

Greg in particular was key in trying to get the development behind the Gallowgate stopped via the NUST.

Linda was good at getting the club to engage and acknowledge the female squad by updating the details on .co.uk, sharing their tweets etc. It even resulted in them promoting International woman’s day which gave the female side their biggest ever gate just before lockdowns.

They so a lot of stuff behind the scenes that people don’t know about, but basically has their hands tied by Charnley and Ashley. It’s easy to get lost in the thought of them not being a protest group etc.

Adam P was the dude who do the clickbait video on Brucey being sacked when he hadn't (I posted the thumbnail at the time in the Bruce Thread), anyone who does that kind of shit I cant be arsed with.

Edited by Numbers

He’s ultimately harmless, but a bit annoying with some of his click bait titles. Hanging outside the training ground for 13 hours is also a bit weird especially when you know Howe will be there till 7.

Wish him all the best though. He’s apparently able to make a living now just following NUFC, which isn’t a bad job if you can get it. He’s still young aswell so hopefully will gain some self awareness as he gets older.

I'd celebrate anybody who can make a living from what they love. But if they're rubbing people's noses in it, it becomes a lot less admirable. I know he's responding to dingbats having a go, but does that not therefore mean he is now making a living, engaging with dingbats? Fair enough if that's what he loves doing.