Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Hope someone tweets one of those links back to him.

Edit: Maybe I should sign up to twitter to politely counter his tweets, but he'd just block me and his audience no longer sees them - correct?

I was considering joining but he's saved me a quid there. Is and always will be a total wanker.

Isn't the idea of the Trust that it's a democratic institution? The opinions of one member, albeit a board member, shouldn't put people off joining. If 99% don't share his opinion, naturally the alternate view will win out. The whole fan group thing always falls down as people aren't willing to engage with anyone outside of their own echo chamber, much like the state of politics in this country.

I'll always defend people who continue to go as well. I'll be giving up this season, and it genuinely pains is to do so having gone week in week out all my adult life, but there's nothing there to support anymore. Having said that, I know a few blokes I went with who share the same view as Wraith (who is an absolute melt, obviously) and will no doubt be there for the Arsenal match. They've all went for 30+ years and certainly shouldn't be slagged off by fellow fans, the majority of whom haven't put in anywhere near the time, finances or support to the cause over the years.

Joined the trust as it will be one of the few outlets of support going forward. Genuinely think it could succeed as a unifying voice if people buy into it.

I was considering joining but he's saved me a quid there. Is and always will be a total wanker.

Isn't the idea of the Trust that it's a democratic institution? The opinions of one member, albeit a board member, shouldn't put people off joining. If 99% don't share his opinion, naturally the alternate view will win out. The whole fan group thing always falls down as people aren't willing to engage with anyone outside of their own echo chamber, much like the state of politics in this country.

I'll always defend people who continue to go as well. I'll be giving up this season, and it genuinely pains is to do so having gone week in week out all my adult life, but there's nothing there to support anymore. Having said that, I know a few blokes I went with who share the same view as Wraith (who is an absolute melt, obviously) and will no doubt be there for the Arsenal match. They've all went for 30+ years and certainly shouldn't be slagged off by fellow fans, the majority of whom haven't put in anywhere near the time, finances or support to the cause over the years.

Joined the trust as it will be one of the few outlets of support going forward. Genuinely think it could succeed as a unifying voice if people buy into it.

Anyone else I might agree but Wraith's got far too much sway. He'll end up as a de facto spokesperson because Talk Sport and Sky Sports News have got his phone number. Nice one btw. :thup:

Trouble is, the trust seem to be digging at legitimate dissenting voices bit by bit. Lots of people go to the match for the right reasons - hometown club, done it for years, hard to substitute, want the best for Newcastle. I respect that view. I just believe objectively that they are wrong. I know you have said enough is enough and well done for doing it.

Hope someone tweets one of those links back to him.

Edit: Maybe I should sign up to twitter to politely counter his tweets, but he'd just block me and his audience no longer sees them - correct?

I tweeted the fsf link and the first paragraph to him and sos

I joined earlier this week and I’m pissed that this dickhead has pushed his agenda on a 7000 member organization.

He was always going too. He was pulling some strings at The Magpie group, was told to keep silent behind the scenes, got pissed off at not being allowed to attend meetings then fucked off.

Steve Wraith wasn't so much the issue at The Magpie Group TBF. He kept himself to himself.

There were others though who weren't even part who I ended up having show down meetings with following 'that' Gallowgate shots interview. :lol:

It’s for this reason that I think we need a uniting figure like Keegan or Shearer to get behind. Muppets like Wraith and Martin despite having little to no charisma, always try and make stuff all about them; which leaves any movements linked to them destined to fail.

Steve Wraith wasn't so much the issue at The Magpie Group TBF. He kept himself to himself.

There were others though who weren't even part who I ended up having show down meetings with following 'that' Gallowgate shots interview. :lol:

What interview is this?

It’s for this reason that I think we need a uniting figure like Keegan or Shearer to get behind. Muppets like Wraith and Martin despite having little to no charisma, always try and make stuff all about them; which leaves any movements linked to them destined to fail.

TMG said they asked Keegan and for whatever reason he’s not keen

I was considering joining but he's saved me a quid there. Is and always will be a total w*****.

He’s one of a board of many, people need to get over this obsession with him. His contacts and reach have been invaluable to the board over last six months.

I was considering joining but he's saved me a quid there. Is and always will be a total w*****.

He’s one of a board of many, people need to get over this obsession with him. His contacts and reach have been invaluable to the board over last six months.

Wraith is like Dollars David Van Day trying to take over Bucks Fizz. He will put more off than he attracts. Blokes a muppet