Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

I don't think we should get rid of Harper, but I think we should be looking at him as 3rd choice next season. I'm sure he'd be happy enough with that. He'd probably even get a handful of appearances still.

I don't think we should get rid of Harper, but I think we should be looking at him as 3rd choice next season. I'm sure he'd be happy enough with that. He'd probably even get a handful of appearances still.

I am OK with that...

He would get 'a handfull' of games as 3rd choice? Surley. :lol:

He wouldn't be happy with that either. He's already said that he'll be fighting for his place as long as he can and wants to play as long as possible (something like that).

He'd be unhappy in the same way that Ryan Taylor is unhappy sitting on the bench. Or in the same way he was unhappy for the first 13 years of his career. Of course they wanna start games, but they learn to accept that they're not gonna be in the first team, so tough shit.

And he'd get a few run outs due to injuries/pity.

Had a dream last night that Harper was called up to the England team, and there were quotes in the paper from John Carver saying that the place was being kept for him when he came back from injury.

If Harper's not going to have those ambitions, then I'll have them for him :)

• 2 months later...
Competition hotting up for Magpies No.1 spot

Newcastle - Steve Harper will give Tim Krul and Fraser Forster a run for their money

Steve Harper is ready to push for the number one spot at Newcastle next season, with the keeper insisting he will be injury-free when the Toon take on Arsenal in their opening match.

Harper missed the end of last season due to a knee injury, and didn’t feature in Alan Pardew’s line up against Columbus Crew in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday. Pardew said he didn’t want to risk Harper being injured again on the plastic pitch.

But while Tim Krul and Fraser Forster are also fighting for the number one keeper’s spot, Harper is hopeful that he will be fit and ready in August to be in the mix for the position as well.

“We have a tough start to the season, and hopefully everybody can be fit and available, and give the manager a headache,” Harper told the Journal.

“It was a difficult surface at Orlando that we weren’t used to. Once we saw the surface, it made sense for me to let one of the young lads get exposed to that pitch! I’ve played here before.”

Harper revealed that the operation on his knee, which put him out of action last April, will help soothe the injury in the long term. “My knee had been an issue for a few years, and it was just a case of playing on until we were safe, and going in and getting the operation,” the stopper said.

“It gave Tim an opportunity to play the last half-a-dozen games once we had established our Premier League status.”

But now, Harper insists he feels better than ever, as Newcastle look to continue building their side with long-term hopes of challenging in Europe once more. “I feel good and strong – my shoulder and knee are fine,” he added.

“We’ve got a good medical department here, who have given me a programme to work on with my knee, and it feels better than ever.”

Source: http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/509735609?-11058

I hope we are going for Krul or Forster as our nr 1 goalkeeper tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dogbeak

http://toysworld.od.ua/art/spitfire.jpg

http://goldprice.org/gold-jewellery/uploaded_images/geneva-gold-watch-719763.jpg

• 1 month later...