Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Guest bimpy474

I haven't seen him kick a ball long all night. Was his signature when he was here.

Brighton do play from the back dont they, quite nice to watch like.

Just saw the goal, although Harper should've done better i still can't blame him much as the ball was intercepted from his defender in their own area, i actually really like him and think he's an ok keeper, not as good as Krul that’s for sure but i don't understand why people are rushing to criticize him and call him shit based on 1 goal he conceded playing for a shit Brighton side. he's been at the club since was 3 years old and that alone is admirable. hope he does well.

Even years ago if Given was injured or whatever I never went into games as confidently when Harper was in nets.  I just thought there was always that chance of him conceding a soft goal or doing something dodgy.  Not to mention how slow he is, both at getting down for shots and for getting the ball back into play.

He's been a good servent to the club and he wasn't the worst sub goalie in the world, but it was absolutely outrageous that some on here would say things like he should be in England squads and he's the best no. 2 in the league.

Seems as though Harper still has his "at least one dodgy moment a season" thing going on.

Still reckon he's good enough to be our number 2.

EDIT: just seen Nolan's goal, that is terrible positioning by Harper there.