Milner, sell or keep

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Keep.

His mistakes will get ironed out with experience. He has the ability to get past his man in a variety of ways, and he also seems to have a good temperament. There's plenty to build on.

It seems N'Zogbia can be excused his faults due to age, yet Milner can't? Admittedly, not as much potential as the former, but i can't understand anyone wanting to sell one of our only two young, english talents.

milner is quite a decent player but we need a manager to get the absolute best out of him

It is not the managers fault that he cannot cross.

Yes it is the Managers fault!, it's his job to get the best out of his players. Roland couldn't get puss out of pimple never quality from a player.

He is only 20. Plenty of time for him to improve. Not every player is World class at 18. Most players only reach the top of their game by their mid to late twenties. Saha wasn't amazing when we had him on loan. Now most people would want him in our team.

Anyway, who could we replace Milner with for the £4 million quoted who would actually want to come to NUFC in our present state?

I can only think the problem with Milner is a knock-on effect of the low confidence in the team as a whole. That or the effect of the transfer deadline day badness.

He was absolutely excellent for us last season, our best player by a mile, he's young and highly promising and will only get better. Duff is a quality player, too. These aren't players who have suddenly got shit, they're players who are playing badly and not being motivated by the manager to do any better.

Getting shot of the players isn't the answer (much as I'd like Milner back), getting shot of the manager is.

Agree , Brummie - I think you WILL eventually get him, and that O'Neill will make him into a really good player, probably even for England in a few years. He's only 21, and playing in a crap side with no confidence or motivation, yet still tries hard. The mark of a good player..

I've voted keep (for now) however if we had a better replacement lined up and 5m+ for him then i'd obviously sell.

Learner will obviously want to splash the cash soon and villa love Milner so we should be on the lookout for a better replacement i.e. SWP and hold out to get 5m+ for Milner.

Watch us sell him for 3m and get someone worse though! bluecry.gif

Keep,he is one of the best players in our current team,and he is just 20,he has all it takes to go all the way,and the more we keep him the more expensive he gets,depending on how much first team football he will get,also,he can play in more then one postion,having said all of that,selling him will be a great lose for the club

IMHO, Milner is one of our brightest players! I don't know why people are even thinking about selling him!!! Look at his age and the potential!!! However if a business treat me like the club has treat him I would WANT to leave!!!

IMHO, Milner is one of our brightest players! I don't know why people are even thinking about selling him!!! Look at his age and the potential!!! However if a business treat me like the club has treat him I would WANT to leave!!!

Because he is pure shite and we need money to spend on other areas. We have at least 5 wingers that are better than Milner (Duff, N'Zogbia, Dyer, Solano, Alan O'Brien), surely that's enough cover

Because he is pure shite and we need money to spend on other areas. We have at least 5 wingers that are better than Milner (Duff, N'Zogbia, Dyer, Solano, Alan O'Brien), surely that's enough cover

He isnt pure shite though, he is a talented YOUNG player with a lot of potential, played some excellent football with Villa last season and has come back and been very average along with the players you have mentioned! Honest question has Duff put in more good games than Milner since he arrived?

You say Alan O'Brien is better, have you seen anything of him or are you chatting shit again?

He isnt pure shite though, he is a talented YOUNG player with a lot of potential, played some excellent football with Villa last season and has come back and been very average along with the players you have mentioned! Honest question has Duff put in more good games than Milner since he arrived?

You say Alan O'Brien is better, have you seen anything of him or are you chatting shit again?

Shit again...obviously.

:lol:

Our best winger at the moment is Zoggy and he's not been that great (limited chances, chopping & changing), and after that its a fair fight between Solano, Duff & Milner for next spot.

O'Brien hasn't had game time, so how he can be better i do not know, and Dyer isn't a winger if he were fit enough to play two games in a row.

Nevermind only Solano, Dyer & Milner are naturally right players ruling the rest out; Solano is on his last legs and you've got to forget about Dyer, meaning Milner is by default our best right winger, if not now, certainly next season without buying, but thats not the point, were loaded in his position  :roll: