Sibierski Retires

Jordan

Guest Heneage

Palermo was the best night for me in our UEFA cup run. A patch work team, a striker that was struggling on all fronts, and a team that had tore West Ham a new one sitting 2nd in Serie A. And that's before you count in the fact they'd just beat Milan 2-0 the Sunday before.

Was pretty much crying when we signed him. Was pretty much crying when he left too. Never has a player turned my opinions around so much, not a world-beater by any stretch but a top pro for us and gets a  :clap: from me.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Didn't want to leave either iirc.

I think you can clearly pinpoint the start of our decline to his sale. We never recovered.

Always got time for him after the way he conducted himself during his time here. But some of the praise he got for his actual ability around here was quite laughable.

Yeah, did well in Europe mind.

He put his everything he had in to the club, but for me it was his attempts to connect with the fans and the club itself that makes me fond of him.

Think he'd sell our club very well to potential youngsters.

The thing most of us like about Sibierski was you could actually tell he was genuinely thrilled to be here.

Of course he was. He went from Man City reserves to playing in front of 50,000 every other week becoming a cult-hero scoring against crappy opposition in the UEFA Cup. :lol:

Palermo was the best night for me in our UEFA cup run. A patch work team, a striker that was struggling on all fronts, and a team that had tore West Ham a new one sitting 2nd in Serie A. And that's before you count in the fact they'd just beat Milan 2-0 the Sunday before.

That one where Sibi didn't play? :iamatwat: Palermo was good but their side was about as ship-shaped as ours was that night. No Bresciano, no Amauri, to name a couple. Fenerbahce and Vigo were good that year (the former of which was three years ago today, would you believe... feels like yesterday in one respects, like decades ago in another).

Guest Heneage

That one where Sibi didn't play? :iamatwat: Palermo was good but their side was about as ship-shaped as ours was that night. No Bresciano, no Amauri, to name a couple. Fenerbahce and Vigo were good that year (the former of which was three years ago today, would you believe... feels like yesterday in one respects, like decades ago in another).

I never said Sibierski did play in that game...

And they had a very in form Di Michele, Simplicio and more than enough quality to batter us. I think if we did an injury count it was in their favour.