George Caulkin

Tooj

I think they are wrong about Kinnear though. He is not the most annoying person they possibly could have appointed. He is the scond most annoying person they could possibly have hired as DOF. Clearly Graeme Souness would be more annoying! Or maybe not...

Ah, definitely harsh. The match commentator the last two games has mentioned his missed "sitter" against West Ham both games. Not sure how a ball coming at you quickly in the air is ever classified as a sitter. Even then still dumb, every striker misses.

Every striker misses it's true, my concern about Gouffran is whether he is even that hungry for goals. The impression I get is of a tidy little player who would struggle to reach double figures if he started every week.

Given that he could have very easily had 2 goals from 3 league games already I'd say if he started all 38 league games he'd make double figures, obviiously he needs to improve his finishing. I'd rather he was getting the chances and missing than not getting the chances at all.

Have to say Michael Martin usually comes across well, no bullshit and he certainly cuts to the core of the problems about our club. But his assessment of Gouffran is just wrong. There are far worse players in our squad, and I'd say Gouffran offers quite a lot in terms of workrate and movement. I'd play him over Sammy, Jonas, Obertan and Marveaux in a 4-3-3. However, he's contributed more to our play when he's been allowed to come inside from a wide left position (Southamption and Spurs last season springs to mind).

Have to say Michael Martin usually comes across well, no bullshit and he certainly cuts to the core of the problems about our club. But his assessment of Gouffran is just wrong. There are far worse players in our squad, and I'd say Gouffran offers quite a lot in terms of workrate and movement. I'd play him over Sammy, Jonas, Obertan and Marveaux in a 4-3-3. However, he's contributed more to our play when he's been allowed to come inside from a wide left position (Southamption and Spurs last season springs to mind).

Yeah I felt he represented himself quite poorly on that pod cast.

Was he the one that also kept banging on about Douglas going to Inter Milan like we'd missed out on a superstar?

/Douglas didn't go to Inter Milan

Yeah I felt he represented himself quite poorly on that pod cast.

Was he the one that also kept banging on about Douglas going to Inter Milan?

/Douglas didn't go to Inter Milan

Yup! That was him!

Right'o, cheers. :lol:

Good listen anyway. :thup:

Still maintain what I said about Gouffran after the West Ham game - he's a decent little player and a good option to have, but he's never a centre forward, not in this league at least.

Someone else on here summed him up well for me - good 4-4-2 striker, who'll work hard, hopefully creating space for the other striker (Cisse/Remy).

What he say about Gouffran?

That he was "rubbish". And that anyone who had anything about them would not have missed the 2 chances he had at SJP. Overly harsh IMO

Edit : sorry, to be clear it wasn't Caulkin who said it. Was Martin from True Faith

Gouffran is  a squad filler. At less than £2m he looks about the right standard for the price. The two sitters were a disgrace mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gouffran is looking like an extremely limited player to be honest. That said, I try to refrain from judging any of our players too much under Pardew's stewardship because with him and his other knackers in the coaching department running things, I'm 100% certain Messi himself would struggle to shine playing for this lot.

Guest neesy111

I think he's just good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. Wouldn't call him limited, I'm very happy with him as a squad player.

:thup: