Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

Thinking about it, Hughton and Campbell would know each other well from their time together at Tottenham. There could be a good deal of substance to this story.

Especially when Campbell says the club has been in contact and he wants to come here. :razz:

Thinking about it, Hughton and Campbell would know each other well from their time together at Tottenham. There could be a good deal of substance to this story.

Thinking about Campbell & his bird have bought house in Northumberland.

He will never be fit now because hes old.

This club is where it is now because of constantly throwing money at has beens who are swarmed all over by fit young premier league starlets (last year) and now fit young nonentities (in championship).

Get the younguns in and lets hear no more of this nonsense please.

If he wants to come here for the right reasons and he's wanting a reasonable wage then I can't see the problem.

We've been slightly unfortunate in as much as we've lost both first-choice CB's at the same time and the results have suffered badly. I also think Kiz would look better alongside Taylor or Coloccini rather than Simpson too. Add Campbell into that lot and we've got decent cover and a bit of experience. Get a couple of wingers in and Ameobi back and we're suddenly looking like a decent team again.

Guest Heneage

Makes Keegan look like Sir Alex.

If you are referring to Hughton then that's pathetic.

As for Campbell. I'd far rather get a young guy in with a bit of hunger who understands he will have to establish himself as first choice, it won't be given to him.

No idea how people are not getting this sarcastic gag, after so many accused KK of running away from problems then are advocating signing Sol Campbell.

No idea how people are not getting this sarcastic gag, after so many accused KK of running away from problems then are advocating signing Sol Campbell.

I got it = some people are really thick :D

Well, it would be nice for Taylor to finally play alongside someone with a degree of stature and experience, as opposed to being usually paired up with those with the concentration span of a fat child being circled by flying KFC buckets.

Have you signed up just to piss me off?

Well, it would be nice for Taylor to finally play alongside someone with a degree of stature and experience, as opposed to being usually paired up with those with the concentration span of a fat child being circled by flying KFC buckets.

Have you signed up just to piss me off?

Feel free to elucidate my friend, meekly or otherwise.

Guest Heneage

But Keegan was employed by us Campbell hasn't been. Not that I'm advocating signing the guy quite the opposite. And you also are going off one club, Campbell spent how many years at Pompey and Arsenal?

Newcastle (among others) offered him a contract before he signed for Notts County. Most people think he went there for the money. He may be a player who could do a job for us but I wouldn't be interested in paying him crazy money. He's at the end of his career. The Arsenal/Tottenham type weekly wages days are over Sol.

Bramble was a quality defender you made extraordinary fuck ups, since he left we now have barely average defenders that make fuck ups.

I do agree with those who say he benefits from playing in front of a smaller home crowd though.

I liked bramble, if it wasn't for those crazy mistakes he makes he would have been a fucking awesome defender but the biggest attribute for the best defenders has always been an amazing footballing brain.

from the times

No Campbell move

Newcastle United officials have denied making an approach to Sol Campbell despite the defender’s apparent claims to the contrary. “I have been approached by several clubs, and yes, it is correct to say that Newcastle are one of them. It appeals,” Campbell was quoted as saying yesterday. The 35-year-old left Notts County after one appearance but cannot move on until they release his registration, which is the subject of continuing negotiations.